Print Thread
Hop To
Page 68 of 117 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 116 117
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Thunderstick
by transitional I mean from one species into a completely different species.

Happens all the time. Sometimes slowly sometimes fast. Easily documented. Not arguable. Fact.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
You mean “macroevolution?” from one genotype to another?

Can you give an example?

Now, I don’t mean normal genetic variation, now renamed as “micro evolution.”

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
You mean speciation. It is not hard to follow. It is known. We see incipient species going through the process, species that have newly occurred, and species that are old and which evolved long ago (and are still evolving today, of course).

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
You mean speciation. It is not hard to follow. It is known. We see incipient species going through the process, species that have newly occurred, and species that are old and which evolved long ago (and are still evolving today, of course).

So, you cannot or will not provide an example.....?

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

I have heard it argued that “speciation” is clearly not “macro evolution” and is simply variations within an extensive genotype. That’s how you get lions and tigers that don’t normally interbreed .... but it has been argued that selective breeding could indeed result in different breeds of cats...ie, lions and tiger types that could interbreed.

If you are indeed referring to speciation, it does not seem to fit.

It is indeed arguable, to the point where more than one geneticist consider it not to be fact.

Last edited by TF49; 08/14/19. Reason: Spel

IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Pick one. Rhagolitis flies, multiple species. Hawaiian drosopholids. Lots of them. Squirrels, mice, you name it. They are all around you.

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Homo habilis became Homo erectus became Homo sapiens and Homo neanderthalensis and denisovans. The latter two of which crossed back with separate branches of Homo sapiens.

Many humans today carry genes originating in either neanderthals or denisovans. Some carry genes from both.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Or would one argue that Homo habilis is the same species as modern man? Just a case of irrelevant "micro-evolution"?

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Crickets? I hear crickets.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Example of evolution into different species?

Chmpnzees and Bonobos, separated about 3 million years ago.

Horses and donkeys (which can interbreed but the offspring, mules, are sterile)

Northern bears evolved into grizzlies and polar bears (which again can interbreed but almost never do. The offspring may not be sterile.)

The reason scientifically ignorant people talk about "microevolution" is that evolution takes many generations. Also, they cannot deny that Chihuahuas and St. Bernards evolved from a common ancestor.

Want an example of species that have evolved so much that interbreeding is totally impossible? Try therapod dinosaurs, some of which evolved into modern birds.

Last edited by IndyCA35; 08/14/19. Reason: the PC robot bleeps out one of the species

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Homo habilis became Homo erectus became Homo sapiens and Homo neanderthalensis and denisovans. The latter two of which crossed back with separate branches of Homo sapiens.

Many humans today carry genes originating in either neanderthals or denisovans. Some carry genes from both.

So can you identify what you consider to be the earliest genesis form of the species that evolved into what all consider to be human today i.e. homo sapiens? I assume this is homo habilis??

Last edited by Thunderstick; 08/14/19.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
some species evolve overnight due to the complexities of polyploidy and hybridization that generate instant (and viable) new species. Plants do some of this commonly, salamanders have a history of it and many other groups, which I do not track.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

So can you identify what you consider to be the earliest genesis form of the species that evolved into what all consider to be human today i.e. homo sapiens? I assume this is homo habilis??

What is a "genesis form"? You keep making up new vocabulary whenever you have no other options.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

And what is the predecessor to homo habilis?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

What is a "genesis form"? You keep making up new vocabulary whenever you have no other options.

gen·e·sis
/ˈjenəsəs/
Learn to pronounce
noun
the origin or mode of formation of something.
"this tale had its genesis in fireside stories"
synonyms: origin, source, root, beginning, commencement, start, outset

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I

You can't do this because whatever you identify as a "genesis form," a non-science term which I suspect means the first ancestral species, would be preceded by a yet earlier one, etc. Further, change from one to another is not instantaneous but happens gradually over many generations. Homo habilis, incidentally, was preceded by Australopithicus afarensis.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

You can't do this because whatever you identify as a "genesis form," a non-science term which I suspect means the first ancestral species, would be preceded by a yet earlier one, etc. Further, change from one to another is not instantaneous but happens gradually over many generations. Homo habilis, incidentally, was preceded by Australopithicus afarensis.

Exactly, but he sure can hide behind it.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Pick one. Rhagolitis flies, multiple species. Hawaiian drosopholids. Lots of them. Squirrels, mice, you name it. They are all around you.

Here is an interesting lift from an article on "genetic" issues can conflict with prevailing evolutionary theory:

"…..Change resulting from selective breeding is not the same as evolutionary change. Evolution, by means of new mutations and utilizing all the sub-processes can achieve much more comprehensive optimization of all of the organism’s characteristics. Because the comprehensive process is much longer, the apparent timing difference between group and individual selection is dramatically reduced increasing the feasibility of group selection. [u]This issue is probably the single most important issue in the continuing controversy between traditional and alternative evolutionary mechanics theories[/u

Yep, the rhagolits flies all remain flies.... all the same genotype.... squirrels, mice, monkeys.... all the same genotype.

One scientist went through 60,000 generations of bacteria.... all remained bacteria.... same with all the fruit fly experiments. ALL known efforts to force "macro-evolution" in the lab have failed.

The examples you provided are all examples of "genetic variation" within a genotype and ARE NOT examples of "macro-evolution."

The scientific community has changed the definition of "evolution" so as to include simple genetic variation. They have duped the unsuspecting crowds.

Last edited by TF49; 08/14/19. Reason: spel chek

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I

H habilis came from a more archaic line of hominids which came from other more distant mammals which date back to 66 million years ago at the K-T boundary.

The question is not genesis of life. That question is unanswerable at this time. The question was, "Can we identify trans-species evolution?" Examples of which abound for anyone who looks with an open mind.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Tom Bethell on Darwin's House of Cards....a great writer nearing the end of his life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLdZzf8HoUU

Tarquin
Page 68 of 117 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 116 117

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (35, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 6mmCreedmoor, 1_deuce, 11 invisible), 1,455 guests, and 813 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,306
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.