-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looks like things haven't changed for Tikka customer service.

Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
I am stumped. The guys over at rimfire central did not offer any help at all. So far 3 calls to Beretta resulted in me leaving voicemails and they were supposed to call me back but they never did. This has been going on since the end of June. Beretta/Tikka warranty? Its a joke, no emails answered either.

Load 9 in the magazine, the point of the bullet on top three stay downs low in the mag and will not feed. I can remove the mag and reset it with a wack then the front of the round will arch up a little and chamber. Same thing for next 2 rounds. Once I get down to 6 in the magazine everything is fine.
I know, I know, just load 6 and be happy. But the mag is designed to hold 10 and I want at least 9.

Examined the mag, cleaned the inside, nothing appears to be out of wack, no burrs. Can't find a way to take it apart so will leave it alone.

Any suggestions? Could be an easy fix and just buy a new mag but at this point am pissed off at the lack of service and don't want to spend any more of my money.

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 08/07/19.
GB1

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Yeah Beretta CS is well known to be chitty....I have had 1 experience with them and they are a joke 👎🏿.....Hb

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I don't care for beretta customer service even though I have enriched their coffers in the past few decades but the last experience was very gratifying. They actually sent me a new replacement A7 magazine, even though the rifle was built in 2010 they had no issue with that. I got thru to them on the first ring, maybe I should have played the powerball that day.

PS I have used Remington,Weatherby and Swarovski customer service but never needed to send anything but a Silver Pigeon and a Extrema back to Beretta in all these years, all extremely minor.

Hint

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
I agree, the chances are low that you will need Beretta CS if you buy a new Tikka rifle, I would not hesitate to buy another T3x if I was so inclined...Several years ago I sent back a new Sako 85 chambered in 30-06 that had the famous straight up ejection issue and Beretta basically told me the rifle was in spec and to go pound sand....lol.....That will be my Last Sako rifle unless they redesign their model 85 to something that ejects spent cases properly, say to a new and improved model 95 👍.....Hb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If those Tikka 22’s could be fed by 10/22 mags the world would flip upside down.

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by 16bore
If those Tikka 22’s could be fed by 10/22 mags the world would flip upside down.

That was my thought also the first time I looked at a T1.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by drover
Originally Posted by 16bore

That was my thought also the first time I looked at a T1.

drover

Yeah, the world would be a better place if you could use 10-22 mags in other similar rifles. I know savage also suffers from crap mags.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
The issue is that 10/22 mags damage the bullet when feeding. The bullet being unmolested has a large part to do with why the Vudoo has such good precision. From the T1x’s I’ve seen, thier mags are very gentle on the bullet and virtually no damage occurs.

The few T1x’s I’ve shot have been the most accurate (precise) repeating .22’s other than Vudoos I have used.

Last edited by Formidilosus; 08/09/19.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
What is the attraction with those crappy ruger mags,they don’t feed well, are hard to fill and make your stock feel pregnant

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I have several Tikka's, both T3 and T3x all have aftermarket barrels except one.

The one stock Tikka is a Tactical model in 300 win Mag. When it was a few years old I used it in a 1000 yard competition (actually 1038 yards). got best group of the 2 day competition, 4.00"/ 5 shots. 208 A-Max over H-1000.

This year, same Tikka as above (now 5 years old and 1000+ rounds through it) it got a podium, 8.00"/ 10 shot group. Used a 185 Juggernaut over RL-22. It now sits in a McMillan stock.

The scope is a 4x16 Vortex PST, ya I know , it will fail sometime but hasn't yet. Does hold zero and tracks reasonably well.

The Tikka probably doesn't need any aftermarket help, but a good bedding job, attention to scope mounting and impecabile handloads sure help.

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
The issue is that 10/22 mags damage the bullet when feeding. The bullet being unmolested has a large part to do with why the Vudoo has such good precision. From the T1x’s I’ve seen, thier mags are very gentle on the bullet and virtually no damage occurs.

The few T1x’s I’ve shot have been the most accurate (precise) repeating .22’s other than Vudoos I have used.

Amen!!! When I see folks Bitch about tikka mags I have to wonder just how hard has life been for them up to this point. Grin! Generally the argument goes something like this: "I don't know why?" I just don't like them. Personally I prefer a mag that will feed my loaded ammo without doubling or tripling runout apon feeding. A recent example of this was my brothers Browning X bolt 111 300 win mag I loaded some ammo for him with less than 1 thou runout. When he would feed a round and eject it we'd measured 15 thou! With some extensive feed ramp and mag work we got it FAR better but still no tikka! My brothers Browning will now shoot on par with my Tikka all I had to do was bed the action, work over the trigger, work over the feed system. Tikka sure does make it easy

Trystan

Trystan

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
New t3x 6.5cm, bone stock. Alpha brass, imr 4451, 210s and a 139gr scenar. Zero load development. Loaded to 2.8" which is about 100 thou off the lands. What's not to like?

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Nice work kman. If a guy is into prolonged load development and tweaking, Tikka ain't for them. Congrats!

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
That’s why I have TWO.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Nice work kman. If a guy is into prolonged load development and tweaking, Tikka ain't for them. Congrats!

There is no adventure or drama with a Tikka , I hate them grin

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by JGRaider

There is no adventure or drama with a Tikka , I hate them grin

Yeah, I know, right. I have all this different powder and bullets that I don't have a use for because my Tikka's just eat what I feed them.

I guess I will have to get a couple Remingtons so that I can use up all those components chasing a good load. smile

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

615 members (163bc, 160user, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 257 mag, 1936M71, 55 invisible), 2,450 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,784
Posts18,477,205
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.