Page 9 of 23 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 22 23
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Savage 220,s if ya can find em.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Anybody have a spare Improved Cylinder 12 ga Remchoke they don’t need for my new 1187 ???
They only come with one which is Modified. I shoot much better with improved cylinder or skeet chokes it seems.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Anybody have a spare Improved Cylinder 12 ga Remchoke they don’t need for my new 1187 ???
They only come with one which is Modified. I shoot much better with improved cylinder or skeet chokes it seems.

Not if you're going boar hunting with it using 8 shot! Lol

Brownells, free ship no minimum today. I ordered a Carlson Cylinder for my 20 for $13 and some change. It may be past their bedtime though.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JTman
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I was on the hunt for another $184 Remington 700, and let the 11-87's go. But only found one 700 at the clearance price, so decided to get an 11-87, or two, or maybe even three. Brickseek showed several around me, and I went hunting them yesterday. One was on "hold" waiting for the buyer to pass the background, so went to another store, and by the time I got there the one they had was gone.

Okay, say screw it and go home, as I really don't need another shotgun. Sleep on it, get up this morning and find one at a store about 45 minutes from me. Wasn't going to miss church, so I waited until almost 3 and called them to see if they had it, and they still did. Make the drive, wait almost an hour for the damned managers to show up and do the paperwork, and finally get out of there.

Wanna hear something......the dude scanned it, and said it was scheduled to drop to $125 on Tuesday if I wanted to wait till then. Told him I doubt it would still be there, and besides, $249 was a good deal.

Got back home, did some more research and found another 11-87 within driving distance. If it's still there Tuesday, and it drops to $125, I'm going to be there when they open up.

If they drop the price Tuesday shouldn't we be able to take the receipt back and get a refund for the difference? I did that with Leopold binoc's I bought last year...

That'd be nice, but doubt I could. Sign says guns and ammo sales are final, so I'm guessing that means just that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by joken2

Originally Posted by joken2

Wouldn't surprise me if some FFL holders strike deals with Walmart sporting goods dept 'associates' paying them a little extra 'under-the-table' to tip them off first to these extreme clearance priced sales and/or hold back some for them, then resell at a pretty healthy profit. Even Walmart with their high volume buying clout can't buy this stuff at anywhere near what they are clearance pricing them at.

I know several years back a local gun/pawn shop (no longer in business) owner bought up all of the remaining NIB, special for Walmart only run, of laminated, SS, 10/22 lr from a local Walmart close out priced @ $125 and resold them in his store

Some folks see that as sour grapes, I see it as good business. I don't blame anyone for making some money.

Having said that, if someone doesn't want to deal with that person, then that's their right not to do so.

Again, it's not the straight forward first-come - first-served / early bird gets the worm sales that is a issue, it's the hiding, sneaky tipping-off family, friends, etc., and/or under the table kickback scheming by store employees,

Joken, that happens everywhere, not just at Walmart. I'd probably tell my friends too if I worked there. I agree that it's aggravating to go there, expecting to buy a clearance item, one that's showing up on Brickseek as being in stock, and being told that there are none left.

Last year, when the hunt was on for the Weatherby Vanguards, I found several on Brickseek in a Walmart up around Lexington. As I was going to go visit my grandson who lives in the area, I went there and was told that they were out. The guy working the sporting goods counter refused to go and look in the storeroom, and just walked off leaving me standing there. Several days later, I called the store again and the lady who was working there actually went to the storeroom, verified that they had 2 left, and after hearing what I told her happened, offered to hold them for me if I wanted to drive back and get them. I didn't go, but that shows that for every "bad" employee, there are good ones too.

IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K

Can’t find the 11-87 compact 20g anywhere in the Knoxville area unfortunately or I would grab one for my oldest who is 9.

Have so far experienced the best service from one store( guy told me to wait till tomorrow as prices going down again and no one has called or looked at the A17 and they have 4). Told me will be reducing Remington 770 but not 700 locally next week. Told me to call and ask for him and he would keep me in loop of what is going to be going on sale. Wish they had a couple good 22lr’s on sale for the kids like the rascal or cricket

One store was total opposite and said they didn’t have any 11-87 and that they weren’t on sale. Had manager come bring it out of the back. My buddy bought the 12g lol. That manager told him they had sold 7 in 48 hours and that price would drop again tomorrow but said he could not see what the price would be until the manager activated the code in the morning?

A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
I was on the hunt for another $184 Remington 700, and let the 11-87's go. But only found one 700 at the clearance price, so decided to get an 11-87, or two, or maybe even three. Brickseek showed several around me, and I went hunting them yesterday. One was on "hold" waiting for the buyer to pass the background, so went to another store, and by the time I got there the one they had was gone.

Okay, say screw it and go home, as I really don't need another shotgun. Sleep on it, get up this morning and find one at a store about 45 minutes from me. Wasn't going to miss church, so I waited until almost 3 and called them to see if they had it, and they still did. Make the drive, wait almost an hour for the damned managers to show up and do the paperwork, and finally get out of there.

Wanna hear something......the dude scanned it, and said it was scheduled to drop to $125 on Tuesday if I wanted to wait till then. Told him I doubt it would still be there, and besides, $249 was a good deal.

Got back home, did some more research and found another 11-87 within driving distance. If it's still there Tuesday, and it drops to $125, I'm going to be there when they open up.

Madisonville?

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Calling is not a good move. It will lead to the gun being bought before you get there. It clues people in to the good deal that otherwise did not know about it.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by JTman

If they drop the price Tuesday shouldn't we be able to take the receipt back and get a refund for the difference? I did that with Leopold binoc's I bought last year...

People were doing it last year and it was working. Technically, I think it is not supposed to be allowed on clearance items, but they were getting their money back anyway. In my locations, the price has gone back up already.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Remington choke sets are on clearance as well, half off. Get all three chokes for $15

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am passing on this years deals. I have turned my buds on to those 11-87s. So far they have scored 2. Another one is on his way to get one now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kevinJ

Can’t find the 11-87 compact 20g anywhere in the Knoxville area unfortunately or I would grab one for my oldest who is 9.

Have so far experienced the best service from one store( guy told me to wait till tomorrow as prices going down again and no one has called or looked at the A17 and they have 4). Told me will be reducing Remington 770 but not 700 locally next week. Told me to call and ask for him and he would keep me in loop of what is going to be going on sale. Wish they had a couple good 22lr’s on sale for the kids like the rascal or cricket

One store was total opposite and said they didn’t have any 11-87 and that they weren’t on sale. Had manager come bring it out of the back. My buddy bought the 12g lol. That manager told him they had sold 7 in 48 hours and that price would drop again tomorrow but said he could not see what the price would be until the manager activated the code in the morning?

They will have to drop those Savage A17's to around $50 bucks before I'd be interested one. They'd make a good fence post for that price.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kevinJ

They will have to drop those Savage A17's to around $50 bucks before I'd be interested one. They'd make a good fence post for that price.

How dare you disrespect a fence like that.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Wish I could find one, every Walmart I have called is out of the 1187's

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by pullit

I know another that is now out of them as I got the last one............

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
what did y'all pay for the 11-87's if i might ask?

net, net out the door?

any 12 guages?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Gus

net, net out the door?

any 12 guages?

Why yes, mine is a 12 gauge. $249, plus $10 for the background check.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by pullit

I don't know if I would but much faith that they were truly out of stock from just a phone call with anonymous store employees. Too many have got that same response face to face in store but when pressed and pressured they often seemed to somehow find some stashed away somewhere.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Gus

net, net out the door?

any 12 guages?

What's your zip code gus.
Put it up
Guys can check for ya.
Might be 125 tomorrow couple of guys said.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by Gus

net, net out the door?

any 12 guages?

What's your zip code gus.
Put it up
Guys can check for ya.
Might be 125 tomorrow couple of guys said.

ne georgia.

no markdowns here.

Page 9 of 23 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (222Sako, 1badf350, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 1minute, 1Longbow, 50 invisible), 2,305 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,026
Posts18,500,526
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.