Page 10 of 23 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 22 23
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by joken2

Originally Posted by pullit
Wish I could find one, every Walmart I have called is out of the 1187's

I don't know if I would but much faith that they were truly out of stock from just a phone call with anonymous store employees. Too many have got that same response face to face in store but when pressed and pressured they often seemed to somehow find some stashed away somewhere.

Calling ahead is not a good idea for sure.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by Gus
what did y'all pay for the 11-87's if i might ask?

net, net out the door?

any 12 guages?

What's your zip code gus.
Put it up
Guys can check for ya.
Might be 125 tomorrow couple of guys said.

Haven't been able to locate either the shotguns or the 7mm mags in any store within a 200+ mile radius in Cali.

I gotta wonder if Wally's just quit selling guns altogether here? Haven't been in one in years.

Anything in the Reno/Sparks/Fernly/Fallon area seems to be sold out from a quick search.

Geno

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Trick is you CANNOT CALL. You have go and talk to people face to face and keep going up the chain when the clerk says, "nope not in stock".

When you call you alert the clerks that there is a deal they are sitting on that they then purchase when they go on break.

LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS............

The lion and tiger might be stronger, but the wolf does not perform in the circus.

NRA Life Member
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Gus
Ya got 3 limited stock in your AO!!!!
Prob display models
12 ga

Dawsonville
Eastanollee
Cumming

You snooze you loose man.

If ya go
Go right now.
Be assertive
Dont believe the clerk if they play the game
Call a manager
Call store manager
Ask to see firearm registration book showing it is sold if needed.

Get in your vehicle now!!!!
Take the wife
Road trip
Get shotgun
Take her to dinner.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by wildfowl

Trick is you CANNOT CALL. You have go and talk to people face to face and keep going up the chain when the clerk says, "nope not in stock".

When you call you alert the clerks that there is a deal they are sitting on that they then purchase when they go on break.

Or call family or friends to come buy it fast .

Always remember the scanner price game they play also.
Tell them to reboot it .
If they say they dont know how
Call manager to reboot it.

Dont believe a damm thing a squirrely clerk says.
If the clerk is cool the transaction goes well.

But many of us have dealt with the lying clerk trying to play the game.

Money talks...
Store employee layaway walks.

Dominate the game!!!!!

IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by Gus
what did y'all pay for the 11-87's if i might ask?

net, net out the door?

any 12 guages?

What's your zip code gus.
Put it up
Guys can check for ya.
Might be 125 tomorrow couple of guys said.

Haven't been able to locate either the shotguns or the 7mm mags in any store within a 200+ mile radius in Cali.

I gotta wonder if Wally's just quit selling guns altogether here? Haven't been in one in years.

Anything in the Reno/Sparks/Fernly/Fallon area seems to be sold out from a quick search.

Geno

Geno

No guns this year interest me...
I doubt they put 835 ulti mags on clearance
They sell schytloads of em.

Keeping my eye on spotting scopes
Fugging tons of em in stock in my area.
They cant sell alot of those

Just a cheapo Simmons one right now at 56 or 57 bucks marked down from 65ish

Good enough to see bullet holes at 100 yards.

Might go down

Like to get one for 20 or 25 ish OTD

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Dont call...it is common for them to tell you that they are sold out because they are saving them for friends or themselves. If you call, you will often lose the deal.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O

Went in to a Wally Friday They said the machine was down. The manager put a 11-87 in its box and I wrote my name & number on the box. Went in a bit ago and gave them what for got the manager out and ran the info twice but the keypad for signature would not transfer. Made them hunt it up and make sure it was still there. It was. Gonna give 'em a day then go stand on their desk again. Still a 20 ga nearby to check on....a lot of 700' hereabouts but no price drop yet....

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wildfowl

Good grief how many times does this have to be stated????????????????????????????????????????????

Does anyone get the whole "ruining tiny tim cratchit's christmas" analogy we've been joking about on this topic for 14 months?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by okie

Went in to a Wally Friday They said the machine was down. The manager put a 11-87 in its box and I wrote my name & number on the box. Went in a bit ago and gave them what for got the manager out and ran the info twice but the keypad for signature would not transfer. Made them hunt it up and make sure it was still there. It was. Gonna give 'em a day then go stand on their desk again. Still a 20 ga nearby to check on....a lot of 700' hereabouts but no price drop yet....

Pffffffffft!!!

Hope it works out, good luck

I had the "machine is broke; system is down" power play tried on me.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Had several employees say "dang I wouldve bought that if I had known it was marked down that much"

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I wish I could find a 20 ga to go with the 12 ga I bought yesterday. Anyone know the SKU # for the 20 ga 1187 ???

Last edited by chlinstructor; 08/19/19.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I wish I could find a 20 ga to go with the 12 ga I bought yesterday. Anyone know the SKU # for the 20 ga 1187 ???

I'll send you a PM

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I wonder if Gus is out tracking down an 1187 and scuffing up some clerk trying to play the game???

Be cool if he gets one and has a story to tell.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Renegade, if you would PM skus

Don't feed the ungrateful masses that otherwise have us on ignore. Fugg em

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
Renegade, if you would PM skus

Don't feed the ungrateful masses that otherwise have us on ignore. Fugg em

laugh laugh laugh
OK Moriarty.....

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Went in one store today looking for a different deal and went over to the gun counter just to look. Heard the same thing although the clerk said that to another customer looking at an 870 that was not on sale, so maybe he was telling the truth. He said it'd be about a week before it was running again.
However, I went in there knowing that Brickseek said that store had a 700 270 and 700 youth 243, both rifle/scope combos regularly $379, for $299. It also said they had an 11-87 12ga for $249 and a Savage Axis SS 6.5 CM for $199.
NONE of those were on the rack.
I asked if they had any guns on clearance and he said no but they might next month.
Not interested in the Savage, not really interested in the 12ga or the 700s until the prices drop even lower, so I didn't push the issue with him.
It sure looked like they were keeping the clearance guns in the back though.

Wish I could find a 11-87 20ga.

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F

Had the same issue. Got the thing, finally, today. They DID give me a $20 gift card for my trouble. They put my name on it and put the gun in the “locker” where they keep NICS “delays”, so no one else would get it.

As mentioned, DO NOT call ahead. I’ve had clerks tell me “all we have is in the display case”, only to whip out my phone, show ‘em a Brickseek barcode, have them scan it, then they say “I’ll go see if maybe it’s in the back.”. Twice, they have come out 5 minutes later, with gun in hand.

Why wouldn’t you have a gun you are trying to get rid of (clearance) on display?? You know why....

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

1187 20ga compact Sportsman black with spacers, 21" mod tube incl
UPC 047700836263
I think the sku is 90995554324
Model 83626

But, Brickseek.com has been showing this as not able to search.... UPC is direct from the box, sku came up on brickseek.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
S
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
S
try dexterclearance.com. Use the upc(barcode) to search and it will show the 20gauge 1187 and its availability. Thats what I used to get mine. Open up the barcode image and save that to your phone. Have a manager scan that image to verify they have one somewhere in stock. Preferably have the manager go look in the lockup, the countertard will usually be unable or unwilling to go in the back to look.

Last edited by stratton; 08/19/19. Reason: left important stuff out
Page 10 of 23 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (222Sako, 007FJ, 1badf350, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 1minute, 52 invisible), 2,305 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,026
Posts18,500,526
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.