Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I'll be dead, so I won't care. Funerals aren't for the dead though. If there is one, it won't be my money being spent on it.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Funeral homes and their fees are borderline criminal with their predatory tactics. Cheapest way to get me cremated, a good party for friends and family to get together and tell stories and toast my life. My children know where my ashes are to be spread the following deer season.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
My wife's family typically has the body cremated as soon and as inexpensively as possible, with a rememberance gathering at a later opportune time. Then they keep the urns around the houses forever.

Momma and I have talked many times. Both of us agree on a quick and cheap cremation. As far as I am concerned the kids can flush the cremains down the schitter, or pour them into the drainage creek which runs through our property. Whatever, just don't leave the crap in a jar on the mantle.

But, we might not have much say in the matter. I suppose things will happen pretty much as our oldest daughter directs. I do have deeds in the safe, to six plots beside a brother who died in 1980, and beside the empty plots where my
Dad and stepmom will lie. If our daughter decides she needs to use them. She is much more emotional than Momma and I.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A funeral is for the living, not the dead. It helps the family to accept that the person is gone. It's closure. I want a funeral just to help my family adjust to me being gone. If they make it a party, fine with me as long as brings closure.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The plan for both of us is direct cremation, no service of any kind. Later, months later, a memorial BBQ, a party, because we believe there is nothing to grieve for. We have gone to the Lord.

That, and in enough time that no one feels compelled to come.

Don't feed the buzzards.

When I go, or her, I don't care how the family feels. If they feel that way then they can get out their checkbooks. That is money my wife needs, no need to waste it on the disposal of an inanimate object.

Last edited by Armednfree; 08/19/19.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I want all useable organs donated then the rest of me rolled up in a canvas pack cover and dumped in a hole.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

I"ll pass, thanks anyway> GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Cremated, have a party, load up a bunch of 12 gauge shells put a little of my ashes in each one and take me trap shooting one last time!

You think you'd hit any?

Straight 25 baby!!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I don’t want an open casket wake. Closed casket, some pictures with the family, friends and dogs. And cremation.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I too have thought about the resurrection. Then I remembered Nero (who was gay and had a 12 year old boy castrated and married him), who had Christians burned at the stake. Not much left after that. God is all powerful and transcends time. He can resurrect you. No problems.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Couldn't care less, I won't be there.

Dad's line was, "Don't tell anyone I died until I'm buried." Of course I couldn't pull that one off, the family, particularly his sister, would never have forgiven me.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nope. When I’m toes up, don’t spend another nickel. Scatter my ashes somewhere...

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Cremated, have a party, load up a bunch of 12 gauge shells put a little of my ashes in each one and take me trap shooting one last time!

That's a pretty good idea. Seriously.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

You think you'd hit any?

Straight 25 baby!!

grin

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cremated and ashes spread in the Green Mountains where I hunt and Lake Champlain where I fish. A little in my orchard and gardens would be nice too. No plot, no stone, no fuss.

living the good life every day
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hell no. Don't spend any more on planting me than is absolutely necessary. Throw me a cardboard box, fire up the creamatory and be done with it. I want some of my ashes to go back home on the mountain where Dad taught me how to hunt, and some at the cemetery where he and mom are buried. I just don't see the sense in having a big expensive funeral.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Pretty much this^^^^^

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ed

You think you'd hit any?

Straight 25 baby!!

Not if I’m doing the shooting, you’ve seen me shoot before!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
As he old joke goes, the last thing I intend to do.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
My funeral isn't for me. I won't be there anyway. It's for my family and friends. They can do whatever makes them happy. But I'd prefer it to be as inexpensive as possible. I'd rather my kids get the $8-$10K normally spent on a funeral than a funeral home. I'm fine with cremation and letting telling them to spend the funeral money on a road trip to spread my ashes somewhere important to me.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

121 members (300_savage, 41rem, 808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 16 invisible), 1,765 guests, and 973 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,716
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.