Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tell your buds,

" hey next time you are on a deer hunt, I totally forbid you to bring up my name around a dropped tailgate or toast my memory at a campfire if I'm passed on"

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord
People who do not want a funeral, don't go to church and don't have any friends.

Surprising how many friends and family turn up after a funeral that folks never seen or much heard from before
sniffing around for a chanced of getting some fat off the inheritance.

and most folks at funerals cry for their loss and not the one being put in the ground.

never found myself at a disadvantage by staying away from church goer gatherings, seen and experienced more
than enough of the charades they live.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No nothing I’ve read has changed my mind, cause I just don’t know. Hard for me to deny the existence of a creator when I’m out in the real world. You know, the one with no or very limited buildings.

But how that maker put it all together is above my pay grade.

If all of this is an accident, well hells bells it’s one doozy of an accident

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Short answer no.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It takes a heck of a lot more faith to believe in evolution than it does to believe in creation.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by stevelyn

Exactly! I have both my faith and the physical evidence. There's no reason God couldn't or didn't use an evolutionary process for creation.

Most folks tend to forget who wrote the various books of the Bible and more importantly who the various audiences were that they were written to.
Can you imagine the author of Genesis trying to explain to a bunch primitive savages who had little understanding of the world they lived in, that
their origins was a long process that went through different phases over millions of years? It was much simpler and to the point to say the God
created it without going into deep detail. He is God after all and He can do anything.

you dare to think outside the square! be warned: Heretics burn in Hell.

according to some here, the walking dead will die a terrible death. ..

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The evolution threads have changed my mind about clicking on evolution threads but not about clicking on threads about evolution threads.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
No change for me - still a strong faith in evolution. I don't think our monkey brains are good enough to comprehend the complex logical considerations properly. We always fill in the gaps with some sort of crap so that we can say we understand it.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Originally Posted by las
Physical evidence is on the side of evolution. Faith (defined by believing with no evidence) and superstition is on the other.

N'er the twain shall meet.

I don't see the harm in either, as long as it is a comforting position that harms no one.

What makes people think they are mutually exclusive - that God (assuming It exists) did not use evolution to create (and update) the world?

Beats the hell out of me!

Well, not really. It is a matter of interpretation. So I don't really give a sheet.... smile

Exactly! I have both my faith and the physical evidence. There's no reason God couldn't or didn't use an evolutionary process for creation.

Most folks tend to forget who wrote the various books of the Bible and more importantly who the various audiences were that they were written to. Can you imagine the author of Genesis trying to explain to a bunch primitive savages who had little understanding of the world they lived in, that their origins was a long process that went through different phases over millions of years? It was much simpler and to the point to say the God created it without going into deep detail. He is God after all and He can do anything.

What you say is totally plausible but the problem is that is not how evolution is presented or ever was. No, evolution is and always has been presented as an alternative to a God who created everything and to whom man is accountable for those that are seeking one. Never has it been presented from the standpoint of "hey guys, us smart kids have discovered a process God might have used to create everything". Now, after a couple or three generations of indoctrination, questioning evolution is the new heresy.....and the mental escape hatch of "that's how God did it" flies less and less well.

I don't know if Darwin intended it to be this way, but evolution is the religion of progressives just as sure as Marxism is their economic model. I don't think its a coincidence that both ideas were born about the same time and grew up together. They need and feed off of each other. Evolution has been a sledge hammer that has been used to bludgeon belief in God in this country which the commies really need because belief in God is a huge problem for them.

I'd say the plan has worked like clock work. Folks of our age may straddle the fence and say "God did it that way" but go check with the younger folks and see what they say.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I don't think many minds are changed here on the fire, on ANY topic.

IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

Well, seeing as how the "kids" on this forum are 40ish, folks tend to be set in their ways as they get older! laugh

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
This one has changed my mind.

Ok not really.

Truth is I enjoying chatting about interesting topics and hearing from people with different opinions which is why I’m here. I find it irritating when people resort to name calling and casting aspersions upon the intentions of those whose opinions differ. That’s where things get sideways with me.

I don’t present my opinions to change the minds of those with whom I’m sparring but to help them understand my point of view. It’s never not helpful to consider anargumentfromanother point of view even if only to strengthen your own.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Most folks tend to forget who wrote the various books of the Bible and more importantly who the various audiences were that they were written to. Can you imagine the author of Genesis trying to explain to a bunch primitive savages who had little understanding of the world they lived in, that their origins was a long process that went through different phases over millions of years? It was much simpler and to the point to say the God created it without going into deep detail. He is God after all and He can do anything.

Very good point. Also need to remember that these stories were passed along for a long time before they could be written down. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by RJY66

Well, seeing as how the "kids" on this forum are 40ish, folks tend to be set in their ways as they get older! laugh

As it should be. I'm 55 and an old fart. I'm not about to change my mind on too many things.

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
The current one runs 179 pages. Nobody gives an inch.

I tuned in just to see how many replies before God was invoked somehow...one.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by wabigoon
One more time, "As far as me, and my house, we will serve the Lord".

Only if he actually exists.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The winners will die and the losers will die also. We are all in this together. Ya, I know what your thinking. After your time comes, come on back and tell me how it worked out. No one ever has.

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
[Linked Image]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

Truth

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
if your world view is influenced by back and forth on an internet forum, you have neglected your education

Sam......

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

651 members (1minute, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 64 invisible), 3,228 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,380
Posts18,469,532
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.