Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by las
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by Jeffrey

A car, or gun sitting in the back yard with broken fences will never hurt anyone.

..…..

An unsecured gun or unsecured dog, are both negligence by the owner.

many kids get shot by unsecured firearms in the home and other places.

so anyone with their firearm 'on the loose' that results in harm or tragedy
should be charged just like that dipschitt pitbull owner.

Exactly! with the caveat that a firearm in itself does not have the "free will" of a dog- any dog.

Sooooo, you agree with starfish, equating a living thing with the ability to make decisions and act of it's own accord with an inanimate tool?

MAGA

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Being irresponsible-negligent with gun or dog c(or both) can result in harm and/or death.

happens thousands of times a year with both.

just because a gun is inanimate , does not exempt the owner from the responsibility of securing such to prevent tragedy.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Whiptail

I have no problem with the owner being charged with murder/manslaughter.

Originally Posted by CRS
Comparing guns and vehicles to pitbulls is an invalid argument.

One is living, breathing and has a mind of it's own. The other is an tool, machine, and needs the living, breathing, person to do damage.

A car, or gun sitting in the back yard with broken fences will never hurt anyone.

A breed bred to kill and be vicious on the other hand...…..

The breed was actually selectively bread to avoid aggression toward humans.

You skipped the part where pit bulls that DID show aggression towards humans were killed immediately, a thing necessary every generation. That ain’t been done in prob’ly a half century or more in most pit bull bloodlines.

Dog owners need to be responsible for their dogs, end of story.

Couldn’t agree more, your dog gets off your property you oughtta be liable for everything that dogs does while roaming loose.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I don’t like the breed and have no use for one as a pet but with that said I do believe that a responsible owner is the key to owning that breed. Responsibility is actually the key to owning any breed of dog but more so when the dog is bred to kill.

I think TRH understands the responsibility involved with owning that breed and is likely the exact type of person that’s fit to own pit bulls. Comparing TRH to some ghetto homie in Detroit is inaccurate and disingenuous.

You are correct, well said.

I agree to a certain extent. But look at Roger’s Pit Bull.
It turned on him twice for no apparent reason.

He made one mistake, It got him twice, he should have put it down the first time.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
where i live in the country we have a rule S.S.S., as far as those 3 pitbulls they should all be shot dead ,the dog`s owner should be put to death too by a public hanging would be best. >killer attack dogs have no place in America near the public ever !

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
IC B2

L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by las

..…..

An unsecured gun or unsecured dog, are both negligence by the owner.

many kids get shot by unsecured firearms in the home and other places.

so anyone with their firearm 'on the loose' that results in harm or tragedy
should be charged just like that dipschitt pitbull owner.

Exactly! with the caveat that a firearm in itself does not have the "free will" of a dog- any dog.

Sooooo, you agree with starfish, equating a living thing with the ability to make decisions and act of it's own accord with an inanimate tool?

WTF are you talking about? What we have here is a failure to communicate...

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Being irresponsible-negligent with gun or dog c(or both) can result in harm and/or death.

happens thousands of times a year with both.

just because a gun is inanimate , does not exempt the owner from the responsibility of securing such to prevent tragedy.

Again, agree. You sick or something? smile ?

L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by Whiptail

I have no problem with the owner being charged with murder/manslaughter.

Originally Posted by CRS

One is living, breathing and has a mind of it's own. The other is an tool, machine, and needs the living, breathing, person to do damage.

The breed was actually selectively bread to avoid aggression toward humans.

You skipped the part where pit bulls that DID show aggression towards humans were killed immediately, a thing necessary every generation. That ain’t been done in prob’ly a half century or more in most pit bull bloodlines.

Dog owners need to be responsible for their dogs, end of story.

Couldn’t agree more, your dog gets off your property you oughtta be liable for everything that dogs does while roaming loose.

Yes.

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Inaminate objects can not act on their own, therefore the responsibility lies with the user. No matter if the user should be using the object or not.

Pit bulls can act on their own. No matter how much you train, care, pet, feed, water, take them to the vet etc.
This same breed we are talking about has a very long track record of this type of behavior.

Arcus Venator
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CRS
Inaminate objects can not act on their own, therefore the responsibility lies with the user.

so if you leave your loaded firearms easily accessible to young children the onus is all on them?
do you leave rat poison next to the cookie jar as well?...cause rat poison is inanimate.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm new here. Anybody have a link to this dog attack on Roger thread?

Sounds like quite a story. BTW, I hate pit bulls.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
A precedent you say. You should be the poster child for ignorance.

Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by Marley7x57
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Heard this on the news from Detroit Radio 760 this morning. A very brief report. Three pit bulls killed a little girl. The funeral already occurred and the pit bull owner was charged with MURDER.

A brief report. that's all I know. It's the first report of an attack by these visious animals that I've heard that tells of the retribution visited upon the dogs' owners.

TRH, Marley, and Goosey you're on borrowed time.

Yeah, just tell me how I am on borrowed time WindyCA35.

Lemme 'splain it for 'ya, Marley.

This is a precedent. The judge set bail much higher than the prosecutor even wanted.

If your "beloved" savage filthy beast somehow sneaks out of your building, as they have been known to do, or tries to kill someone in your family, as Stxhunter's did, and if in the process kills some child in a far more savage and grisley manner than the shark in the movie "Jaws," you stand a good chance of going to JAIL. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. Savvy?

First your insurance company might cancel your insurance because you keep a dangerous anomal. Many have. Assuming you have anything worth insuring.

Have a nice day.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
A dog properly restrained and housed is no different than my guns locked in the safe, neither will hurt anyone unless mishandled.

None of my guns ever broke out of my gun safe; ran across the street; and shot one of my neighbors in the ass while I was away at work.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by Todd_Bradford
A dog properly restrained and housed is no different than my guns locked in the safe, neither will hurt anyone unless mishandled.

None of my guns ever broke out of my gun safe; ran across the street; and shot one of my neighbors in the ass while I was away at work.

Exactly. There is a one step disconnect between a firearm or any other tool and a self aware animal (children included), and it's behavior. The owner/parent is responsible for both inanimate object and the animate, and the interphase.

Last edited by las; 08/25/19.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Morewood
I'm new here. Anybody have a link to this dog attack on Roger thread?

Sounds like quite a story. BTW, I hate pit bulls.

You ain't that new here, more than 1500 posts.

Edit: it does not come up in a simple search. Perhaps someone who knows the story will privide.

Last edited by kellory; 08/25/19.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by jpb
I don’t like the breed and have no use for one as a pet but with that said I do believe that a responsible owner is the key to owning that breed. Responsibility is actually the key to owning any breed of dog but more so when the dog is bred to kill.

I think TRH understands the responsibility involved with owning that breed and is likely the exact type of person that’s fit to own pit bulls. Comparing TRH to some ghetto homie in Detroit is inaccurate and disingenuous.

I used to think like you and that the owner was the most important for a pitt bull.

However, I've come to mistrust pitt bulls when faced with a lot of different evidence.

For example, Roger (stxhunter) had a pit bull for 5 years (7 years?) who was never mistreated, and Roger is for sure a fellow to establish dominance over a dog. Roger posted pictures of Petey frolicing on the beach, wouldn't hurt a soul.

Well, one day Petey the pitt bull turned on him. Serious bites. Roger's wife managed to get Petey off death row and get a second chance, but a while later Petey attacked Roger again. Lots more serious bites, and Roger posted lots of pictures here if you want to see them.

Petey didn't get a third chance to maul a human because Roger did what any responsible owner would.

If Big Bad Roger couldn't do it, I'm skeptical about anybody being able to really control a pitt bull in the long term.

Just my two kronor,

John

Really sums up my experience with the breed and all the kids who survived sttacks with surgery and scars. They should be exterminated but if not owners charged with their crimes. In fact most states absolve the owners which is sickening

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

So with all that being said, since TRH understands all the risks, if it were his pit bull that chewed threw a fence, or broke a chain, what would you charge him with? We always assume in these situations that the owner was careless, we’ll what if they weren’t careless but their dogs managed to maul a child to death, and they understood that might happen should their dog ever get loose?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by CRS

The breed was actually selectively bread to avoid aggression toward humans. Dog owners need to be responsible for their dogs, end of story.

Such deep, insightful, complex, and cogent thoughts on such a simple matter...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I have never met a mean pit or pit/mix dog. but then again, I have never met a plt or pit/mix dog mean... Every one I have met has been a friendy, slobbering all over you mutt, at the time..

But I'll take a Lab or Lab mix ....

Last edited by las; 08/26/19.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1minute, 06hunter59, 222Sako, 160user, 10gaugemag, 21, 68 invisible), 2,361 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,537
Posts18,491,415
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.