Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by tikkanut

here ya go.......best $100 cooler you'll find.....

Walmart ships free........made in Utah !!!!!!!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Lifetime-55-Quart-High-Performance-Cooler-Grey/850043843

This. End of conversation.

And it is Made in the USA unlike Yeti and the RITC Both made in China

GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I like my Yeti's, got a couple of them, a 45 and the 105. For the trips we make into the foothills, they are worth it when it can be a couple hours into town one way. We are usually 7 days in before leaving so ice is important. Expensive, sure but when you are in bear country that bear proof quality is handy. And yes we keep a clean camp, hang stuff high etc but why push yer luck.
My 20 oz tumbler gets used daily as does the 32 oz thermos. Enough hot coffee for 12 hrs shift, perked at home, no Tim Horton crap. My wife loves the Tumblers as well, keeps her tea hot.

Some of those other brands you guys talk about aren't avail in Canada, only ones I have seen are the Grizzly and Igloo. Griz didn't impress me, latches seemed loose. Igloo Sportsmen, local Costco had them a couple years ago, they didn't sell well so I snagged one at the end of season when they drastically reduced the price....nice cooler.
The Engel is also avail but not locally.

One of my boys just bought the Cabelas one in Calgary a couple weeks ago but hasn't used it yet.

If ya have the coin, why not buy what ya want? I just sent a MO to Charlie May for another knife today. Gun acct is building towards the next purchase as is the flyrod acct.
Those college gals are onto something....Yeti Butts is one of my favourite IG pages!
Jeff

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Need to order the new wheeled edition for Hawaii and Mexico... Free shipping now.

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This has every indication of going the way of a:

"Why buy a 6.5 Creed when a 30-06 will do everything needed for hunting the North American continent"

thread.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I know, when did ice become so expensive, and trucks were $80,000, and tag and license for a deer, was $600, that netted maybe 50lbs of meat...... Oh the creedmoor.....Grin

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Those steel Coleman’s are pretty damn good coolers. Used to be anyway.

Had one for a lot of years. Kept schit cold just fine.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Older bud I knew had one of those green metal colemans. He was pretty deep into the beers after hittin some crappie beds.

Seen an old colored womern sittin on a porch, whipped in there and asked that old gal if she wanted some feesh. She said "Lod i juss been prayin sumwon would brings me some crappie"

He just set her the whole cooler on her porch, the whole deal lol. She raised the lid and says "Lod i juss been prayin sumwon wood bring me some bud lght too"

hahahaha

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I have been running an Igloo Sportsman Colder for 6 or so years, great product and the year I bought it had beat the Yeti in several back to back tests.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Igloo-55...B5ZWi5AIVkh6tBh1i6QnXEAQYAiABEgJofvD_BwE

Ted
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Not happy with the new metal Igloos coolers. I don't think they make them like they used to.

That Walmart special looks pretty good, but hard to lug around.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Ain't googlin' yeti butt!

Dont be ascared!

https://images.app.goo.gl/qTdWydycUYRVq1rw8

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Drool over every splendid pixel
Hell I’m 40, this igloo was old back when I was a kid.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by wagner; 08/27/19.

Are you part of the problem or part of the solution?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Been using a Yeti for the past 6+ years, purchased in a group buy. IMO, where the Yeti coolers win is in the abuse they can take and keep on ticking; seem this with other buddy's yetis that also use them hard. Last time mine was used hard .... couple months ago I had two 12 yo boys drag the cooler over a field of large rocks/boulders to get to camp 100yds away. Cooler was loaded heavy at 100+ lbs. Have done this sort of thing many times and in other abusing situations during the past 6 yrs and the only damage is scratches and gouges. If your cooler will never leave the back of a truck or boat, get a copy cat version for a few nickles less.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I've watched this with interest and have quickly searched several of the options mentioned....only quickly. So far there appear to be exactly NONE that lead the pack as the obvious best deal on cost, quality, and toughness. Had no idea there were so many versions and brands.

To many to compare....going back to looking at rifles and scopes....this is to confusing....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sam's comments on the zipper issues reminded me of my purchasing a "zipperless" day cooler for my smaller tractor.

Dust and age don't do any sort of zippers any favors. I just won't have them... especially after owning a couple of Jeeps with the zipper windows... frown

I got this one that doesn't have a zipper, and so far, it's been great. Keeps my drinks handy in the tractor cab, and there's still ice in the cooler after a long day.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H463Q6Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Think I paid $27.

[Linked Image]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I’ve had one a number of years. Expensive but by far best cooker I’ve ever had.
Worth the price?

NRA Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I bought a Yeti several years ago and it works like it was advertised. It wasn’t cheap but it is still keeping ice for days and that is why I bought it. The money I spent on it would have been gone by now for who knows what, had I not bought the Yeti.

Just like good optics, once you have them, you are never sorry. The only people that are sorry are the ones that don’t get the good stuff and complain about how much it costs...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
I've watched this with interest and have quickly searched several of the options mentioned....only quickly. So far there appear to be exactly NONE that lead the pack as the obvious best deal on cost, quality, and toughness. Had no idea there were so many versions and brands.

To many to compare....going back to looking at rifles and scopes....this is to confusing....

Yeah, there's so many available, why spend twice as much as you have to? It's a freakin cooler. The Yeti 45 was $300 and the Rtic 45 was $170. It was a no-brainer to me. Next time though, I might look into some these other "Made in the USA" brands.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I may have found what you fellows are looking for. [Linked Image]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
It might be a little heavy to put on the back of the 4 wheeler though. grin

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Those steel Coleman’s are pretty damn good coolers. Used to be anyway.

Had one for a lot of years. Kept schit cold just fine.

Here's a true story about how tough those old Colemans really were. In this old photo from the early '60's, my wife is the one in the middle. Her farther was Air Force and they were living in Spain. Notice the crushed car. They were on their way to a picnic and her dad needed to make a quick stop somewhere on base on the way out. The girls were all in the car with the cooler in the back seat between them.
A Spanish tank convoy was going by and a tank driver lost control and DROVE OVER THEIR CAR. Nobody got more than minor injuries because the STEEL COLEMAN COOLER kept the car roof from collapsing on them. The girls only had a few minor cuts from flying glass.

Under Spanish military law at the time, the convoy commander had the right to shoot the driver on the spot. He pulled his gun and was going to do just that when my FIL stopped him.

[Linked Image]

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (16penny, 1234, 10gaugeman, 153, 160user, 10Glocks, 52 invisible), 2,348 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,531
Posts18,472,723
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.