Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Or pretended. Guy is 61 years old and a severe alcoholic for life. His wife divorced him when is daughter was small. My wife reconnected them after her mother died and now the BIL expects flowers and sunshine between them. Daughter now knows that much of what mom said was true.

In ICU 3 times in the last year and a half getting dried out, once with a hole in his stomach. He gets out and is drunk that evening. His brothers want nothing to do with him, his sisters (including my wife) communicate with him and help him. Every day, several times a day, my wife is on the phone with him getting stirred up. Like she doesn't have enough issues of her own.

So what does this pain in the ass do? Yeah, he swallows a bunch of pills and drinks half a bottle of vodka, then calls himself an ambulance. I see inmates doing that pretty often, trying to get attention on themselves. But more than that, that is how a bitch kills herself. Men hang or shoot themselves or jump. So he's being a little bitch.

The wife wants to go see him, I washed my hands of him some time ago. If she goes she goes on her own, no help from me.

Last edited by Armednfree; 08/27/19.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
People make their own bed and choose their own path.

I would be 100% indifferent like you.
And not feel the least bad about it or care what others have to say about your veiw.

Dude chose his path knowingly.
He can lay in the bed he made for himself.

I'm geussing we as taxpayers have picked up the tab for his antics most of his life anyways.

We can all save a couple of tenths of a percent of a penny now maybe on our taxes if he kicks the bucket.

I wouldnt feel one ounce of sympathy just like you.
And anyone trying to tell me I shouldnt feel that way .
I would say name one good thing he ever did for anyone and go pound sand.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
If hes been an A hole his whole life he needs to just leave.
Hopefully then your wife can quit wasting her time/ energy on him.

When he does finally die....hope she deals with it and you guys can live drama free.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Darn.

Maybe next time he'll be so wasted he can't dial 911.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hookeye
If hes been an A hole his whole life he needs to just leave.
Hopefully then your wife can quit wasting her time/ energy on him.

When he does finally die....hope she deals with it and you guys can live drama free.

My wife is suppose to deal with his final affairs. That's right, he asked your mentally ill sister to take care of his affairs. He says he has his funeral paid for. Well, that better be so otherwise the county can have his carcass.

He does this with my wife because he knows she is easily manipulated. He holds back a bit, just enough, because he knows I will beat his azz.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It happens...... And some people seem to want that life. A guy from the neighborhood I grew up in chose that life. He'd be about 65 now. Saw one of his brothers a few years ago and he hadn't seen him in a couple years. Last he knew was he heard he was living under a bridge someplace and had lost part of a foot to frostbite. Also had a great uncle I never knew existed until I was in my 30's. . He became one of those homeless winos and passed out in an alley one night and never woke up; age 58. Family hadn't seen him in years and gave up on him. He was one of my maternal grandmothers brothers. There's a lot of help available for alcoholics but some of them just don't want it. It's sad but I guess that's part of reality.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Loan him a pistol.

A cheap one.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lost an aunt and an uncle this way. Nothing can be done unless they do it, short of locking one up. Sounds like he can't last much longer.

I wouldn't interfere between brother and sister. Blood is pretty thick and you want to support her; she's likely to be grieving soon.

Terrible waste, every time.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Loan him a pistol.

A cheap one.
and tell him to go out into the woods, make all the mess you want out there

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
People also enable alot of this stuff also.
Like they think they are helping someone or worse hiding it out of denial or embarassment.
Enablers are just as much to blame in alot of cases of addictions.

Never really cared for enablers much also.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Folks like him don’t really won’t to commit suicide.
The folks that do, do it right.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
My brother in law attempted it several times, he finally got it done. He hurt a lot of people.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

If he took pills and drank alcohol to commit suicide but immediately called 911 for help, he is not trying
to commit suicide. He is looking for attention.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Jeeze.....didnt know there were manly and unmanly ways of killings ones self.

I am MAGA.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
That sounds like a real sucky thing to be going through. Hang in there.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's nearly impossible to help someone who refuses help.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Kinda hard to fail at suicide....don’t ya think??

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by boliep

If he took pills and drank alcohol to commit suicide but immediately called 911 for help, he is not trying
to commit suicide. He is looking for attention.

PREZACTLY

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Jeeze.....didnt know there were manly and unmanly ways of killings ones self.

Men normally use more violent and more sure means. Shooting, hanging, cutting in vital spots. A man will cut lengthwise up his radial artery, or his neck. Men tend to be more active and aggressive in their approach.

But men play for attention too.

Last edited by Armednfree; 08/27/19.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Armednfree
Or pretended. Guy is 61 years old and a severe alcoholic for life. His wife divorced him when is daughter was small. My wife reconnected them after her mother died and now the BIL expects flowers and sunshine between them. Daughter now knows that much of what mom said was true.

In ICU 3 times in the last year and a half getting dried out, once with a hole in his stomach. He gets out and is drunk that evening. His brothers want nothing to do with him, his sisters (including my wife) communicate with him and help him. Every day, several times a day, my wife is on the phone with him getting stirred up. Like she doesn't have enough issues of her own.

So what does this pain in the ass do? Yeah, he swallows a bunch of pills and drinks half a bottle of vodka, then calls himself an ambulance. I see inmates doing that pretty often, trying to get attention on themselves. But more than that, that is how a bitch kills herself. Men hang or shoot themselves or jump. So he's being a little bitch.

The wife wants to go see him, I washed my hands of him some time ago. If she goes she goes on her own, no help from me.

inmates get pills and vodka all the time?

Sorry about the situation all around.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

514 members (12344mag, 219DW, 222Sako, 204guy, 2500HD, 1Longbow, 62 invisible), 2,409 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,297
Posts18,487,051
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.