Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing?

When did the USA Change?

When a common credo "I'll do it" went to "Someone should do something" it was the beginning of the end. And the motto "Someone else should do something" is where the USA is now.
So......someone else (the communists) are now doing something.

Get used to it..............or get involved personally. There is no 3rd choice.

Last edited by szihn; 08/27/19.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Not so much wrong with the USA in 1945

No, but they raised some fuct up kids afterwards and now we're in the 3rd generation of degeneracy.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I don't agree on the woman's vote. The nation was doing fine until after WW2.

Yes but that is when women left the home to work and it has been down hill ever since. 2. When the Supreme Court ruled that each county could no longer send a Senator to state house but also must be on population, checks and balance was lost. You can see the results.(not good) Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
It started with no fault divorce.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It started with Honest Abe, and lost States Rights. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B2

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
All of the above is either significant causes or significant symptoms or milestones. We are all pretty much in agreement. Now, what to do?

I'd add the drug culture and high taxes (makes two incomes more necessary) but you are absolutely right. The posters have identified the causes.

What can we do about it?

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It started a long time ago. Teddy Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson started really moving the ball, then came FDR and WWII. From my POV, things really changed between the JFK assassination and the end of Vietnam. That is where we (USA) crested the hill and started going downhill very quickly. I see some signs things are changing back around but way too slowly to be back to "normal" before my demise. I am not trying to be negative or fatalistic, but I don't see even an 80% reversal in 20 years and I will be long gone by then. I pray for our nation, our children and their children daily. Well, the rest of the world, too, but they need to at least help their own cause.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
It started with Madeline Murray O'Hare.

Popular theory along with Roe vs Wade.

With the stand up and testify, holier than thou type church folk. (Hear it personally,
I'm there, just not looking for human attention)

I disagree.

Had the changes not started earlier, those two things could have not happened.
In the 40's O'Hare would have been told to sit down and shut up. Ostracized even.
There wouldn't have been public discussion of abortion.

Attitudes had to have changed before those events were possible.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
1776! Our country has been changing since the inception, We've been through good and bad times. Each generation does things a little different than the previous and the older generation always thinks the world is falling apart. Everything runs in cycles. The pendulum swings one way for a while, then back the other. Things have been far worse than today. The problems aren't any different, just better known. All of the bad things complained about aren't new, and have often been much worse.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Ketchup in a plastic jar.

I am MAGA.
IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Dont know all the answers but
This afternoon 2 kids came down the drainage behind the house with 2 bottle rockets. One didnt go off other barely popped. They were working over anthills. Remember when we hoodlums all had firecrackers rockets, and m80s? They were illegal even in the 50s, but available last 4th the neighbor set a fire with Roman candles, got charged with arson. And he was drunk
Remember the movie meet me in st Louis where it was expected
Point being culture has been forced to change and not always for better

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Democrats are calling for burning down the republican party with no survivors. On cnn today.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
It started with Madeline Murray O'Hare.

This. She is the reason prayer was taken out of schools in the 60's. This country has gone down hill since.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
ISAIAH 41:10
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Possibly I'm the one that doesn't get it, but I have to ask. Society as I remember it was generally civil. I was a small town kid and my childhood problems didn't go too far past finding someone to throw ball with or just hang out. I would take off in the morning on my bikle, ball glove or fishing rod over the handlebars. Needed to be home by dark, which seldom happened. There was nothing suspicious about an adult , stranger or otherwise, patting my head, in my estimation it was a friendly act. Our govt use to offer guns to the private citizen for heavily discounted prices in the back of magazines.
Now in this age of tattooed women, men with gauges in their ears, rings in their nipples, identity crisis between their ears that we're supposed to accept, marriage to anything you can get to an alter, mass shootings; I have to ask myself, when and how did this happen to us?

The world is getting better, not worse. Shut off the news for a while and go shoot some guns:

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 08/27/19.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Too many hippies smoking dope in the sixties. It turned more than half of them into liberals.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Any time the liberals get into power the country slips farther away from the constitution.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Forced funding of what a majority of people once viewed as depravity, laziness and immorality.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Possibly I'm the one that doesn't get it, but I have to ask. Society as I remember it was generally civil. I was a small town kid and my childhood problems didn't go too far past finding someone to throw ball with or just hang out. I would take off in the morning on my bikle, ball glove or fishing rod over the handlebars. Needed to be home by dark, which seldom happened. There was nothing suspicious about an adult , stranger or otherwise, patting my head, in my estimation it was a friendly act. Our govt use to offer guns to the private citizen for heavily discounted prices in the back of magazines.
Now in this age of tattooed women, men with gauges in their ears, rings in their nipples, identity crisis between their ears that we're supposed to accept, marriage to anything you can get to an alter, mass shootings; I have to ask myself, when and how did this happen to us?

The world is getting better, not worse. Shut of the news for a while and go shoot some guns:

I have referenced that several times.

It dont seem to stick.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Simple really:

• long hair
  • the Beatles
  • jazz music

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
How many years are into the dont spank your kid mentality? Than social media...

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

235 members (673, 06hunter59, 2ndwind, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 29aholic, 37 invisible), 1,646 guests, and 1,051 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,976
Posts18,519,854
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.