Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
The further we get from an agrarian society, the more disgusting things will get. In an agrarian society, folks are too busy an too tired to get caught up in all this garbage. In addition, God was central in people’s lives. Churches are on the rocks and society gets weirder by the day.

GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Yeah....they was busy screwing sheep......

I am MAGA.
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by JMR40
1776! Our country has been changing since the inception, We've been through good and bad times. Each generation does things a little different than the previous and the older generation always thinks the world is falling apart. Everything runs in cycles. The pendulum swings one way for a while, then back the other. Things have been far worse than today. The problems aren't any different, just better known. All of the bad things complained about aren't new, and have often been much worse.

I think there's a lot of truth in that. Also the question, as originally stated, can't really be answered accurately because it lumps too many things together that don't necessarily belong. Tattoos and piercings may not be something you like or find to be in good taste, but they don't mean the person wearing them is in any way bad or immoral. Mass shootings are naturally a whole different matter, and really shouldn't be lumped in with the former if we are really trying to find answers.

There is no way to keep things the same for very long in a growing society, not if that society is to be in any way free. Every generation muddles it's way through in the way it thinks best, trying to adapt to an ever changing world. Every generation makes its share of mistakes, too.
I don't see things as hopeless, by any means. There are plenty of good things going on in the world, not just the bad stuff that gets focused on so much in the media.

It seems like maybe every generation feels like they are the last ones to kinda get it right, and the next one is screwinf it all up. Maybe that's why the "end times" thing had been going on for so long, everyone thinks that without them around, it all over. Yet somehow things carry on.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Used to be a Wealthy country to plans for its, people, providing and protecting them, best Military force.strict migration law so the nations wealth could be properly manage.

All that i have listed above are now in reverse.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm not going to go back and read all of the previous posts so please forgive me if someone has already mentioned this.
The change began when we were stupid enough to give women and those not paying taxes the vote. You should have to provide a property tax receipt to vote.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Possibly I'm the one that doesn't get it, but I have to ask. Society as I remember it was generally civil. I was a small town kid and my childhood problems didn't go too far past finding someone to throw ball with or just hang out. I would take off in the morning on my bikle, ball glove or fishing rod over the handlebars. Needed to be home by dark, which seldom happened. There was nothing suspicious about an adult , stranger or otherwise, patting my head, in my estimation it was a friendly act. Our govt use to offer guns to the private citizen for heavily discounted prices in the back of magazines.
Now in this age of tattooed women, men with gauges in their ears, rings in their nipples, identity crisis between their ears that we're supposed to accept, marriage to anything you can get to an alter, mass shootings; I have to ask myself, when and how did this happen to us?

The world is getting better, not worse. Shut off the news for a while and go shoot some guns:

Somebody needs to ask that old hippie how many drug addicts were schittin' on the streets of San Francisco 30 years ago.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
NVhntr You are exactly correct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The liberals and democrats only plan to protect and enrich themselves.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by HawkI
Forced funding of what a majority of people once viewed as depravity, laziness and immorality.

That's definitely some truth.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
My dad thought it was the election of JFK.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B3

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Possibly I'm the one that doesn't get it, but I have to ask. Society as I remember it was generally civil. I was a small town kid and my childhood problems didn't go too far past finding someone to throw ball with or just hang out. I would take off in the morning on my bikle, ball glove or fishing rod over the handlebars. Needed to be home by dark, which seldom happened. There was nothing suspicious about an adult , stranger or otherwise, patting my head, in my estimation it was a friendly act. Our govt use to offer guns to the private citizen for heavily discounted prices in the back of magazines.
Now in this age of tattooed women, men with gauges in their ears, rings in their nipples, identity crisis between their ears that we're supposed to accept, marriage to anything you can get to an alter, mass shootings; I have to ask myself, when and how did this happen to us?

Happening as a result of us, as a nation, turning our back on God. All of the other things mentioned are just symptoms of that. How do we fix it? See my signature line...

John

Last edited by Hondo64d; 08/28/19.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Just possibly because we're reaping what we've sown with roughly 53 million murdered babies!!

immorality carries a lot of blame for where this country has gone.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Pretty obvious we've all thought about it. Our moral decay is probably grounded in more than one simple solution, but there's no denying a lack of religion and disregard for personal responsibility is part of the catalysis. Thanks to all who shared their thoughts.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DownWind
The break-up of the family unit, two-income households, missing baby-daddies, and now social media. Social norms have been challenged aggressively since the flower children of the 60's. Mix it all together and you get Chit-Salad.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ PRECISELY !

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Social Media 100%

Grammar is important.
Capitol letters are the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" & "helping your uncle jack off a horse".
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Vietnam war!

[Linked Image from ]
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Whatever, and when ever, the same thing has happened to Canada. It all started before the internet.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Too much RuPaul and not enough John Wayne.

" It ain't dead.As long as there's one cowboy taking care of one cow,it ain't dead ! "
Monte Walsh
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Hondo64d

Happening as a result of us, as a nation, turning our back on God. All of the other things mentioned are just symptoms of that. How do we fix it? See my signature line...

John

Yep

You nailed it.

DF

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Always loved this scene, a lot of truth in it.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

183 members (450yukon, 673, 06hunter59, 2ndwind, 10Glocks, 69sportfury, 26 invisible), 1,473 guests, and 1,015 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,976
Posts18,519,864
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.