-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What about jumping off the silo? is that manly?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was thinking of running a trotline hook through my hand and jumping out of the boat. You know, make it look like an accident, spare the loved ones, double indemnity and all that.

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by huntsman22
What about jumping off the silo? is that manly?

Only if the silo is over 78' high. Anything lower and you're a double loser!

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Had two brothers who died by their own hands. Both their “manly” methods involved 30 cal Core-Lokts. It’s still a chickenshit thing to do, and I haven’t forgiven either one of them.

"Keep your mouth shut, work hard. Life is tough. Work through it.” -- Stetson Bennett, Quarterback, Georgia Bulldogs
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by sawbuck
I was thinking of running a trotline hook through my hand and jumping out of the boat. You know, make it look like an accident, spare the loved ones, double indemnity and all that.

So if you suddenly stop posting we can assume it worked? crazy

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Used to work with a fella that was like that. Couldn’t stop drinking. 7 DUI’s.

Didn’t show up one day. He had got hammered and ate a whole bottle of pain killers. Dead in the schitter.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by Armednfree
Or pretended. Guy is 61 years old and a severe alcoholic for life. His wife divorced him when is daughter was small. My wife reconnected them after her mother died and now the BIL expects flowers and sunshine between them. Daughter now knows that much of what mom said was true.

In ICU 3 times in the last year and a half getting dried out, once with a hole in his stomach. He gets out and is drunk that evening. His brothers want nothing to do with him, his sisters (including my wife) communicate with him and help him. Every day, several times a day, my wife is on the phone with him getting stirred up. Like she doesn't have enough issues of her own.

So what does this pain in the ass do? Yeah, he swallows a bunch of pills and drinks half a bottle of vodka, then calls himself an ambulance. I see inmates doing that pretty often, trying to get attention on themselves. But more than that, that is how a bitch kills herself. Men hang or shoot themselves or jump. So he's being a little bitch.

The wife wants to go see him, I washed my hands of him some time ago. If she goes she goes on her own, no help from me.

inmates get pills and vodka all the time?

Sorry about the situation all around.

Not the Vodka, not even any deadly pills. An inmate will take a bunch of blood pressure meds and then come to the officer. Some OD on Acetaminophen, which is serious as it wrecks the liver if not promptly treated. Ibuprofen overdose is something that happens too. The thing is the attention seekers go to the officer as soon as they do it. Sometimes it is attention seeking, other times they do it so they get put on suicide watch and avoid another inmate they owe.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Mental illness obviously runs in your wife’s side of the family, mix mental illness with alcohol and it’s a recipe for disaster. Your wife is lucky enough to have you to love and care for her as she battles mental illness. Unfortunately your BIL isn’t that lucky and probably feels all alone in his battles, that’s why he calls so much. Sometimes, even though it’s tough, it’s better to reach deep down inside ourselves and find the patience and compassion to be help someone that’s suffering and to be their lifeline to the world outside. I’m sorry that you have to deal with this but I think we get tested in our lives and that’s when we reveal how close we are to doing God’s will....in real life. We don’t do that through our attendance every Sunday, we do it for those that need help and some of us do it to soothe our own souls. Good luck and I hope and pray that your BIL gets some help and finds some peace.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Mental illness obviously runs in your wife’s side of the family, mix mental illness with alcohol and it’s a recipe for disaster. Your wife is lucky enough to have you to love and care for her as she battles mental illness. Unfortunately your BIL isn’t that lucky and probably feels all alone in his battles, that’s why he calls so much. Sometimes, even though it’s tough, it’s better to reach deep down inside ourselves and find the patience and compassion to be help someone that’s suffering and to be their lifeline to the world outside. I’m sorry that you have to deal with this but I think we get tested in our lives and that’s when we reveal how close we are to doing God’s will....in real life. We don’t do that through our attendance every Sunday, we do it for those that need help and some of us do it to soothe our own souls. Good luck and I hope and pray that your BIL gets some help and finds some peace.

I get that. But if anything it's tough love time. Like me telling him to get help or leave Diana alone. My first obligation is to my wife.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A wasted life is always a tragedy, I’d wish him luck with his demons, but most likely he has already lost the battle.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Had a work buddy who they found in his truck with a half bottle of Jack, an empty bottle of pills, and a hose from the tailpipe.
Is that manly or bitchy?
He had an Uncle who was a farmer in South Dakota who probably had a silo he could use. I guess he didn't want to drive that far.
He was a nice guy, it sucked.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Sir, I wasn’t suggesting you do anything to compromise your dedication to your wife. It’s your wife’s family and to deny her a relationship with a brother that shares her struggles with mental illness might not be good for anyone, not her, not you and not her brother. Only you can decide how to proceed but don’t proceed with anger in your heart, that would be my only advice. Good luck. 👍

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by mrchongo
Had two brothers who died by their own hands. Both their “manly” methods involved 30 cal Core-Lokts. It’s still a chickenshit thing to do, and I haven’t forgiven either one of them.

Talk about being dealt a tough hand. Sorry to hear.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Armednfree
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

I get that. But if anything it's tough love time. Like me telling him to get help or leave Diana alone. My first obligation is to my wife.

I.agree with you.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
This thread makes me wonder . How many of the tough talking crowd has found s loved one, friend or family with half a or no head??

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
You are making a very big mistake, Would you easily give up on him if he was your brother or son ???
That man is going through a lot of pain and needs help and encouragement, he could make it to the sunny side, work hard and be an inspiration for other people.
So many of use dealing with demons, so many of us just got good and ignoring the demons we all battle with. He isn't happy about his situation too.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Losing someone by suicide is a life long thing you'll never forget...

I had a brother who, right after his 16th birthday had evidently been sodomized by some type of transient
or whatever... we never found out exactly who...

I found him on his knees at 3:45 AM, in the basement of where we lived...he hung himself from a pipe above
but you could reach up and touch it...so he got on his knees and leaned forward until it was choking him..

he tried to get up but fell and the deed was done...

when I found him, he had been dead for 3 hours...so it happened at about 1 AM...

both he and I had paper routes with the Washington post, delivering 400 papers or more each morning.

My dad was away on duty.... I went upstairs and told my mom who had been up all night worrying as he had never come home after being out....went in the kitchen, got a butcher knife, cut him down and slowly lowered him to the ground..

went up stairs, mom was in here room crying and I called Fairfax County Police...

I felt no emotion.... all my actions were just mechanical...it took several weeks to realize what had happened...

but it sure was and is imprinted permanently in my mind tho...

March 26, 1970.....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Folks like him don’t really won’t to commit suicide.
The folks that do, do it right.

Answer, right here.

He wants to be coddled. And your wife is giving him that. The only thing stopping him from getting more, is you. So, you are already in the middle, whether you want to be or not.

You said it yourself. The only thing preventing him from sucking more out of your wife's Lifeblood Is You.

You need to do what I call "turn it around". Find a way to make it his idea to leave your wife alone.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Alcohol is poison to some people's brains. Most can handle it, some go crazy from depression and addiction to it.

Don't know any answers, a start would be treatment just to get him dried out for 30 days and go from there...or maybe he's just too far gone. Time will tell.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RS308MX
Originally Posted by sawbuck

So if you suddenly stop posting we can assume it worked? crazy

Sure!
Here lies sawbuck
Pointing out the absurd
Dead as Big Squeeze grin

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (06hunter59, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 204guy, 1Longbow, 1OntarioJim, 59 invisible), 2,387 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,306
Posts18,487,165
Members73,968
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.