Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Looking for a Remington Model Seven KS 7mm-08

Will pay a premium for the right KS in excellent, mint, or NIB shape.

Please PM me if you have anything available.

May consider other calibers.

Thanks in advance.

GB1

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Solid grey or leaf camo ?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
The Leaf Camo ones are the old model, call the FS, for Fiberglass Stock. The newer ones are gray with matte metalwork.

D
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
I am open to any original Remington KS stock color.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by Biebs
The Leaf Camo ones are the old model, call the FS, for Fiberglass Stock. The newer ones are gray with matte metalwork.

Hmm... wink

https://www.proxibid.com/Firearms-M...hop-Rifle-7mm-08/lotInformation/38671171

Last edited by Cattledog; 08/28/19.
IC B2

D
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Cattledog is correct. While the FS has a camo stock, some KS stocks (I believe Brown Precision) have camo stocks as well.

Looking for a KS......

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
FS came in both colors as did KS (the early, brown produced version). FS won’t have a cheekpiece. FS was not a custom shop product while KS was.
Up for 🍗63!

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
AKwolverine is correct. Both styles came in both colors at various times.

FS has no cheekpiece and the comb is actually higher and straighter with a fuller grip. Too high for open sights.
KS has small cheekpiece, lower comb, and a rounded grip knob. Usable with tall open sights.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
PM sent.

M7

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Drumstick63
Cattledog is correct. While the FS has a camo stock, some KS stocks (I believe Brown Precision) have camo stocks as well.

Looking for a KS......

Yes, some of the KS had the leaf pattern stock. The pistol grip area can tell you if FS or KS. KS has a rounded bottom of the pistol grip.

Regards,
Nick- Georgia
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I have a couple of KS M7s with the camo stock. All the camo KS 7s were Brown Precision stocks. McMillan's were all gray (or black on the AWR rifles). Another way to identify the KSs is the barrel taper in front of the recoil lug. They have a straight taper down to the barrel contour size (rather than the rounded contour in front of the lug like the production rifles) then hold the barrel contour size out to the muzzle (which is also slightly heavier than a production 7). The FS had the production 7 barrel dimensions.

D
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
ttt

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by ModelSeven
I have a couple of KS M7s with the camo stock. All the camo KS 7s were Brown Precision stocks. McMillan's were all gray (or black on the AWR rifles). Another way to identify the KSs is the barrel taper in front of the recoil lug. They have a straight taper down to the barrel contour size (rather than the rounded contour in front of the lug like the production rifles) then hold the barrel contour size out to the muzzle (which is also slightly heavier than a production 7). The FS had the production 7 barrel dimensions.

These are great bits of info. Thanks. I have an early KS with a BP stock. Someone told me all the Model Seven had McMillans. You confirmed what I already thought....I didn’t realize about the shank of the barrel.....very cool. Thanks. Mine has been cerecoated and stock repainted by Karl. It is an awesome little rifle. I’ve had this rifle since I was 21-22 years old....I’m 45. I kinda have a fondness for this rifle.

Top rifle in this link

https://imgur.com/a/Mxln83A

Last edited by d500lnn; 08/30/19.

Regards,
Nick- Georgia
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by d500lnn

These are great bits of info. Thanks. I have an early KS with a BP stock. Someone told me all the Model Seven had McMillans. You confirmed what I already thought....I didn’t realize about the shank of the barrel.....very cool. Thanks. Mine has been cerecoated and stock repainted by Karl. It is an awesome little rifle. I’ve had this rifle since I was 21-22 years old....I’m 45. I kinda have a fondness for this rifle.

Top rifle in this link

That's sharp!

D
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Still looking.....

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by d500lnn

Top rifle in this link

There are other ways to tell the stocks apart, after you've handled a few. The BP stocks were only put on the KS rifles a short time, 3 years give or take, from around 1988-1991. These times are approximate, but will be pretty close. The BP stocks had a very slightly less pronounced cheek piece than the McMillans. The McMillans had a slightly slimmer and shorter forend than the BP and also, in the ones I've handled, put the sling swivel stud further back on an already shorter forend, which tends to put MY hand up against the stud (which I don't really like, but to each his own). If neither have been repainted it's easy to tell, even if they are the same grey color. The McMillan had a more aggressive texture where the BP had slight bumps in their texture, but tended to be more slippery.

Sorry about hijacking the thread.

Hope this helps some,
M7

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
All good info. So, here's a question.... why are they scarce as hen's teeth ?

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Cattledog
They were out of the custom shop and were special order. They were much more expensive than the average Model 7 or 700.

Buy once, cry once.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by deerhunter5555
They were out of the custom shop and were special order. They were much more expensive than the average Model 7 or 700.

And, in the case of the camo ones, only made for 2-3 years to boot.

Hmm... wink

Just now looked at that link for the first time. Believe it or not, the rifle in that auction belonged to me. LOL

M7

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by deerhunter5555

And, in the case of the camo ones, only made for 2-3 years to boot.

Hmm... wink

Just now looked at that link for the first time. Believe it or not, the rifle in that auction belonged to me. LOL

M7

If someone paid $800, they stole that damn rifle. Mine looked exactly like that before the facelift.

Regards,
Nick- Georgia
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

210 members (280rem_cm, 12344mag, 35, 2UP, 44mc, 375TN, 20 invisible), 1,662 guests, and 1,032 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,244
Posts18,485,967
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.