Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by slumlord
I've been blasted directly in the face underneath houses with Chlorpyrifos organophosphate termiticide. DOZENS AND DOZENS of times. Had it on my hands and arms almost daily for several yrs.

methyl carbamate, synthetic pyrethroids, or org-phosphates, pyrethrum, fungicides,

So far no twitches or tremors. Maybe a tick or shimmer but that could be present meds.

Did have one retired Lt Colonel, an administrative career man, I'd spray his home monthly for fleas.

He'd have to go play on the bush hogg or spin wrenches on his project cars for several hours after I treated his home. First time I showed up he started sounding like Sylvestor the Cat all sufferin succotash and chit. Said his tounge was going numb.
Sounds like that Chuck dude on Better Call Saul.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by broomd
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

Well said.

I have to wonder how many here still think that cigs don't cause cancer.
I had roundup get on my hand after it got past my glove and my tongue went numb for half the day. At that time I had no real idea of the stuff's toxicity. I found out through simple experience.
Some people can tolerate the stuff; others can't.

Many of us don't agree with multi-billion dollar settlements, most lawyers and many plaintiffs are snakes, but the stuff is poison to some people and to much of the environment.

Wow, that there calls for a double blind study. Immediate and substantial nerve toxicity from incidental exposure to Roundup?

Not doubting that is what you believe happened. But I might expect to see the same happen again with a placebo.

Oh yes, I have e experienced the tongue and nose thing. After a six pack of beer. And after heavy exposure to pyrethroid insecticides.

I have been exposed to lots of high density pyrethroids, and have developed a sensitivity to them. It takes very little now to make my tongue tingle.

But there is no shared chemistry between pyrethroids and Roundup.

Placebo?! lol!!
With all due respect, the sh t got on my skin and my tongue went instantly numb. That's never happened to me ever in my life with any substance. To me it is poison; you can use it, drink it, splash it on your salad. I want no part of it.
My wife has used the stuff and trace amounts blew onto her legs and she had an instant rash. That's our 'double blind' test. Grin.

I'm not going to change anyone's mind here, and no one will change mine. Anything that wipes out all living vegetation for a year can't be healthy to human tissue. Period.

Okay, 1'st: You apparently have no idea what Roundup does or how it works. It absolutely does not "wipe out vegetation for a year". Roundup has zero pre-emergent or ground sterilization properties. The bacteria in the soil metabolize Roundup to nothing in a matter of hours or possibly days.

Roundup kills by contact with green vegetation. Or, in one case that I am familiar with, mixed with irrigation water and taken up by the roots.

Every other herbacide out there is more dangerous than Roundup. And if you take Roundup away, it will be replaced by those others, and in greater quantities because they are less efficacious. Thank God we have Roundup available instead.

As to your reaction to the chemical and your wife's reaction. If I was a betting man, as the saying goes, I'd be betting on contaminants in the spray equipment from previous use with insecticides. Many insecticides are actually nerve toxins. Absent that possibility, anxiety/panic attacks.

Somebody mentioned DDT. DDT is pretty much harmless to humans. They used to apply the powder directly to humans quite frequently with no noticeable ill effects. DDT was removed from the market, not because it was substantially harmfull to humans, but because it was VERY persistant in the environment. And it was linked to thin egg shells in eagles.

Ever notice those Lawyer Ads on TV. Not a single one of them claim Roundup is confirmed as a carcinogen. They state "it is listed as a POSSIBLE carcinogen by the WHO." If they had any real data the ad sure as hell would not say possible,

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Horsesh*t., I know exactly how it works, I've extensively studied the stuff as much as a non-chemist can and have an understanding. After what i experienced I educated myself about the product from all sides.
Roundup has a very unique acid/salt-based molecular structure that is particularly nasty and likely toxic well beyond a myriad of cancers.

The problem is the stuff has been politicized. Enviro-freaks scream about the stuff with zero understanding, Lawyers want their pound of flesh, and likewise Monsanto cronies and those who value the product regardless of effects, extol it as well.

There isn't much middle ground, people love it or hate it.

This thread reminds me of something Rush Limbaugh once said, I'm a huge Rush fan, but when he once commented that second hand smoke was a hoax, and that it posed no health risks to young kids forced to breathe it, I knew that sometimes even smart people are completely full of sh t.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by slumlord
So far no twitches or tremors. Maybe a tick or shimmer but that could be present meds.

Ya think this is maybe why you transport your nutz in a wheelbarrow................ grin

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Roundup has no carry over. If it does not hit a plant before it hits the ground it is inactive. I asked Monsanto to make some that would last a while on the ground to stop future weeds and was told they would like to but it was impossible because of its makeup. Ed k

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Better living through chemistry, hey?

Take awhile and read the registration decisions penned by EPA on your favorite whackocide. They are available online via EPA's web site. After that ask yourself what is implied, and ignored.

Then explain why herbicide and pesticide trace of virtually all varieties is found in our aquifer. Perhaps it can be revealed what happens when one or more of these chemicals meet up in the wild? Sort of like mixing 2,4D and 2,4,5T if you get my drift.

A little education never hurts, but Monsanto won't provide that.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I guess most of you guys that think 2, 4D & Round-Up are completely harmless must have forgotten about Agent Orange.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Roundup is probably the safest broad spectrum herbicide we have right now.

We should be using much....much less of it.

Much less.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ERK
Roundup has no carry over. If it does not hit a plant before it hits the ground it is inactive. I asked Monsanto to make some that would last a while on the ground to stop future weeds and was told they would like to but it was impossible because of its makeup. Ed k

My neighbor had a mix of Laudis and Roundup sprayed on his corn early this summer, Laudis will provide residual control, this was the second round of spraying on the field near our house. The first round of pre-planting spray was a mixture of 2,4-D, Atrizene, and fertilizer.

https://www.cropscience.bayer.us/Products/herbicides/laudis/label-msds

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
"Lawyers are boils upon the neck of society that prevent it from turning its head from right to left!"

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Even birds know not to land downwind!
IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
DD,

The formulations of the pesticides under discussion here are freely available for anyone interested to look. And there are literally thousands of eager young Organic Chemistry students every year who would love nothing better than to come up with definitive proof that any one of those pesticides is the evil spawn of Satan that the greenies like to claim they are. That would be their ticket to fame, fortune, and possibly a Nobel Laureate.

So far, none of these eager young students have been able to discern anything noteworthy where Roundup is concerned.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ERK
Roundup has no carry over. If it does not hit a plant before it hits the ground it is inactive. Ed k

Where'd you hear that?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't really give a flip about eager chemistry students.

There's a fairly popular herbicide on the market that creates somewhere around 7-8 carcinogenic compounds during its natural degradation in the environment. It's approved for use by EPA and the cascade is represented in the registration decision. Do you know which one it is?

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Roundup is probably the safest broad spectrum herbicide we have right now.

We should be using much....much less of it.

Much less.

Wise words.

From a smart man,
Not a zealot.

Good, bad, or indifferent, I have experienced the numb lips and tongue from
chemical exposure. Not Roundup, but chemicals at work.

I have experienced skin burns from concentrated glyphosate.
Obviously I didn't follow PPE protocol and procedures.
But the point is, that chit gave me the only chemical burns I've ever
had from such a small, short term exposure.

And I have been splashed by many solvents, and phenolic based resins.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
One of the "inert" ingredients in Roundup and other herbicides.

Polyethoxylated tallow amine

POEA is toxic to aquatic species like fish and amphibians. As other surfactants as well, it can affect membrane transport and can often act as a general narcotic.[3]

In laboratory experiments POEA has a half-life in soils of less than 7 days. Washout from soil is assumed to be minimal, and the estimated half-life in bodies of water would be about 2 weeks. Field experiments have shown that the half-life of POEA in shallow waters is about 13 hours, "further supporting the concept that any potential direct effects of formulated products on organisms in natural waters are likely to occur very shortly post-treatment rather than as a result of chronic or delayed toxicity."

A review of the literature provided to the EPA in 1997 found that POEA was generally more potent in causing toxicity to aquatic organisms than glyphosate, and that POEA becomes more potent in more alkaline environments.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
I have seeded crops into the field only a couple hours after spraying them with a full rate of roundup. Wheat-durum-barley-canola-flax-field peas. No effect on any of them. No carry over. Ed k

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Better living through chemistry, hey?

Take awhile and read the registration decisions penned by EPA on your favorite whackocide. They are available online via EPA's web site. After that ask yourself what is implied, and ignored.

Then explain why herbicide and pesticide trace of virtually all varieties is found in our aquifer. Perhaps it can be revealed what happens when one or more of these chemicals meet up in the wild? Sort of like mixing 2,4D and 2,4,5T if you get my drift.

A little education never hurts, but Monsanto won't provide that.

EPA can't find schit.

https://www.epa.gov/ingredients-used-pesticide-products/glyphosate

The antis tried for YEARS to link 2,4-d to non-hodgkins lymphoma and never could.

Roundup is a Paper Tiger and nothing more.

Here in CA they have found a small handful of ground applied herbicide trace in the aquifer but nothing like your "virtually all varieties".

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ERK
I have seeded crops into the field only a couple hours after spraying them with a full rate of roundup. Wheat-durum-barley-canola-flax-field peas. No effect on any of them. No carry over. Ed k

That is scary sh t right there, and it's why many of us are doing our best to grow our own food and beef.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
A couple weeks ago the guy I lease from was pouring some concrete blocks to put on the cultivator. He grabbed a hose and put on the spray nozzle, went back and turned the valve on. The nozzle was open so he ran to catch it before it sprayed all over. What was coming out of the hose was 100% Roundup. He had used it to fill the sprayer and forgot about it. He was soaked from head to toe. It was in his eyes and mouth.

He’s 76 years old.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ERK

That is scary sh t right there, and it's why many of us are doing our best to grow our own food and beef.

Would three days make it not "scary sh t"?

Roundups ionic charge is positive compared to the soil and is tied up instantly.

The meristems would have to be present AND sprayed with the solution for uptake to even occur upon which the seed would shut down and not grow into food.

I think it's great you wanna grow your own food, but telling guys that are using legal practices to grow crops that their way is "scary sh t" is akin to Joe Biden telling you to buy a side by side shotgun for home defense.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (1lesfox, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 12344mag, 1badf350, 204guy, 59 invisible), 2,314 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,509
Posts18,509,355
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.