Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Higbean
Originally Posted by broomd
Originally Posted by ERK
I have seeded crops into the field only a couple hours after spraying them with a full rate of roundup. Wheat-durum-barley-canola-flax-field peas. No effect on any of them. No carry over. Ed k

That is scary sh t right there, and it's why many of us are doing our best to grow our own food and beef.

Would three days make it not "scary sh t"?

Roundups ionic charge is positive compared to the soil and is tied up instantly.

The meristems would have to be present AND sprayed with the solution for uptake to even occur upon which the seed would shut down and not grow into food.

I think it's great you wanna grow your own food, but telling guys that are using legal practices to grow crops that their way is "scary sh t" is akin to Joe Biden telling you to buy a side by side shotgun for home defense.

While I understand and accept what you are saying, the fact of the matter is that the majority of grains in our country are currently laced with 'Glyphosate' based compounds. Whether you realize it or not these are literally poisoning our children at an alarming rate if only for the fact that it's easier to spray and walk away than any other weed prevention method. I'm all for using the latest technology, but when it comes to inflicting lingering pain and suffering upon our children I disagree. Maybe you have a better view of Bayer, Monsanto, etc...but, I have read their decades long approaches to 'profit', and I don't find it acceptible for my children, nor for the children of my countrymen. YMMV.

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Higbean
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Better living through chemistry, hey?

Take awhile and read the registration decisions penned by EPA on your favorite whackocide. They are available online via EPA's web site. After that ask yourself what is implied, and ignored.

Then explain why herbicide and pesticide trace of virtually all varieties is found in our aquifer. Perhaps it can be revealed what happens when one or more of these chemicals meet up in the wild? Sort of like mixing 2,4D and 2,4,5T if you get my drift.

A little education never hurts, but Monsanto won't provide that.

EPA can't find schit.

https://www.epa.gov/ingredients-used-pesticide-products/glyphosate

The antis tried for YEARS to link 2,4-d to non-hodgkins lymphoma and never could.

Roundup is a Paper Tiger and nothing more.

Here in CA they have found a small handful of ground applied herbicide trace in the aquifer but nothing like your "virtually all varieties".

Do you really trust the EPA to be forthcoming on ANYTHING meaningful when it comes to health..? We already know they lied about global warming how many times? You should know better by now...

"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
DD,

The formulations of the pesticides under discussion here are freely available for anyone interested to look. And there are literally thousands of eager young Organic Chemistry students every year who would love nothing better than to come up with definitive proof that any one of those pesticides is the evil spawn of Satan that the greenies like to claim they are. That would be their ticket to fame, fortune, and possibly a Nobel Laureate.

So far, none of these eager young students have been able to discern anything noteworthy where Roundup is concerned.

If I may, why would you suggest that these eager young student would be allowed to study such, if not paid to study the opposite of such. Eager, young students are usually looking for a payday, or internship with a reputable company. Making a grand expose of a major pharmaceutical company is more akin to exposing the deep state, which leads to many avenues of suicide... or are you not capable of being fruitfully honest..?

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
i will scare you even more than because you can also plant your crop and spray it anytime before it emerges and it won’t be hurt. Scary stuff huh. Ed k

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just another conspiracy theory not unlike Q Anon with enough tidbits to keep the true believers frothing at the mouth.

Stating beliefs as “matter of fact”, creating terms like “whackocide” and the “it’s for the children” mantra are all sadly out of the leftist playbook and sound entirely too much like the gun grabbers we all despise.

You should know this by now.....

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
IC B2

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
More children will be saved by getting rid of soda pop and giving them good home cooked food than by worrying about round up which has been used for 30 years now. Obesity is a major killer in the USA. Edk

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Mixed according to instructions, applied as "best practices", how the hell can this stuff kill people if it won't kill blackberries and wild roses?

If something will kill a plant, bug or small animal it will kill you too, it just takes a lot longer.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
How do the plaintiffs go about proving that their N-H Lymphoma has been caused exclusively by Glyph? There isn't a farmer, rancher, applicator, Gardner, groundskeeper, lawn care worker, landscaper, etc, etc, etc, that doesn't also use dozens of other chemicals. Not to mention gasoline fumes/spillage into small engines, exhaust exposure to gas and diesel powered equipment. Anyone putting any tool into the dirt could be exposed to shallow natural gas, IIRC in ND 52 of 53 counties have "significant" shallow natural gas. So much exposure to so many potential carcinogens.

I'm not on "Monsanto's side", but I'm much more worried about gas station or grocery store "fresh" Spring Rolls than I am about Glyph.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BALLISTIK

While I understand and accept what you are saying, the fact of the matter is that the majority of grains in our country are currently laced with 'Glyphosate' based compounds. Whether you realize it or not these are literally poisoning our children at an alarming rate if only for the fact that it's easier to spray and walk away than any other weed prevention method. I'm all for using the latest technology, but when it comes to inflicting lingering pain and suffering upon our children I disagree. Maybe you have a better view of Bayer, Monsanto, etc...but, I have read their decades long approaches to 'profit', and I don't find it acceptible for my children, nor for the children of my countrymen. YMMV.

Sir,
I mean this in a good way.

If you actually believe this to be true and want to keep your children absolutely safe,
you should never shop again at any store, roadside stand or any other source of grocery product.
Even canned, frozen or freeze dried food is not acceptable, as you have no control over what went in it.

Hell, at a farmers market full of "organic" everything, how much is REALLY "organic"?
Do you trust your children's life with me telling you "sure, it's only organic here"?
I mean, I can double the price of my product by just telling you it's organic.

You need to produce every morsel that goes into your family's mouth, to be absolutely safe.
So I hope you have some land.

No restaurants either...ever. Not even on birthday's.

Of course, at the absolute safe level, your countrymen's children and the world's are SOL.

Have Dog

Will Travel

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Look up shykemic acid pathway. This is an enzymatic process by which plants and microorganisms synthesize some proteins.

Glyphosate interrupts this enzymatic process, which kills the plant. Animals do not have this process to interupt.

Amazing as it is to some, biochemistry differs between animals and plants. What is poison to one can very well be harmless to the other.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I worked for Monsanto a couple of years in the early days of "Roundup". I was a lab technician in the Chocolate Bayou Chemical Plant, where the raw material for Roundup was produced. While we were always instructed to use care when handing anything Roundup related, these precautions were not excessive for "normal" chem lab operations. Basically, I worked with "worse" stuff in my plant career, and while in research. I'm 69 this year, still in good health, so it wan't too bad for me. But I was never careless.

Mike Holmes

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wageslave

Sir,
I mean this in a good way.

If you actually believe this to be true and want to keep your children absolutely safe,
you should never shop again at any store, roadside stand or any other source of grocery product.
Even canned, frozen or freeze dried food is not acceptable, as you have no control over what went in it.

Hell, at a farmers market full of "organic" everything, how much is REALLY "organic"?
Do you trust your children's life with me telling you "sure, it's only organic here"?
I mean, I can double the price of my product by just telling you it's organic.

You need to produce every morsel that goes into your family's mouth, to be absolutely safe.
So I hope you have some land.

No restaurants either...ever. Not even on birthday's.

Of course, at the absolute safe level, your countrymen's children and the world's are SOL.

And you do love your children, don’t you????

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Seems to me that if Round up were really a deadly carcinogen, cancer rates would be through the roof if farmers have been using it since the 1970's. That is not the case. One of my favorite Uncles died of Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma about 6 years ago. The oncologists have no idea what causes it......but ambulance chasing lawyers managed to convince a jury of dumb Americans that Round up does? Sorry, don't buy it.

As to "organic food" that is probably a bigger scam than anything. I've made enough attempts at organic gardening as a backyard gardener to know that it would be next to impossible to do it on a big time agricultural scale. People would starve if they tried it. Chemical fertilizers and bug juice is why farmers are able to produce the staggering amounts that they do now days. Oh and hybridized plants too. What are they supposed to do....scatter chicken crap over those enormous corn fields in the Midwest? Probably not enough fish in the ocean for them to use fish meal. Come on man!

Last edited by RJY66; 09/04/19.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Didn't know we had food fetishists on the Campfire.

My stepdad was in ag chem sales in California from El Centro to Redding for Stauffer and Chevron. He took the time to train me on mixing and using various fertilizers, herbicides and pesticides, and we would go afield on road trips and ground truth things. On a huge, huge scale. Feeding the world scale, actually.

I can make things grow, and I can kill them just as easily. Safely. Those scumbags pandering for Roundup clients should be forced to buy foods not grown using Roundup. They'd starve.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
DD,

The formulations of the pesticides under discussion here are freely available for anyone interested to look. And there are literally thousands of eager young Organic Chemistry students every year who would love nothing better than to come up with definitive proof that any one of those pesticides is the evil spawn of Satan that the greenies like to claim they are. That would be their ticket to fame, fortune, and possibly a Nobel Laureate.

So far, none of these eager young students have been able to discern anything noteworthy where Roundup is concerned.

If I may, why would you suggest that these eager young student would be allowed to study such, if not paid to study the opposite of such. Eager, young students are usually looking for a payday, or internship with a reputable company. Making a grand expose of a major pharmaceutical company is more akin to exposing the deep state, which leads to many avenues of suicide... or are you not capable of being fruitfully honest..?

I wish the student body well in all endeavors. Any discoveries made in the classroom are nothing more than a catalyst for further research.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Mixed according to instructions, applied as "best practices", how the hell can this stuff kill people if it won't kill blackberries and wild roses?

It won't....
The massive adds all stem from California law suit that they awarded a guys family money...as I understand they couldn't prove it wasn't from roundup put couldn't prove it was either....
If roundup caused cancer there would be dead farmers everywhere....I spray 350 gal of concentrate a year..
It's a dig on Monsanto , as they are the forerunner of everything GMO...

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Back in about 2008 I watches on span the world food council meeting....it was very interesting....I think you can find it on you tube..
Any way they were beating the GMO drum pretty hard...
One rep ....sounded German maybe....told them there is no more land we are farming all that possible we at current population growth will be out of food in 30 years...you better get used to GMO or starve...we can't feed the world without it...

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
PS.....my sympathies for “family farmers” that suck on the teat of Monsanto for their seed and for the poisons they use on our food can KMA. I don’t personally have any animosity but I have no patience for their bullshit defense of Monsanto or their impulsive defense of the “farming techniques” they use.

There’s a good reason why “organic” is becoming HUGE and the tasteless, unripe, crap that’s foisted upon those without the ability to grow their own food is becoming less desirable. We grow a lot and buy or trade with other local organic farmers either through our connections or at the local farmers market.

I have always respected farmers but many of them have become partners with the devil (Monsanto) and because of that, along with their endless “woe is me” bullshit whining I’ve come to see the bigger corporate farmers as nothing more than a liberal democrat in a King Ranch pickup with their hand out for as much welfare handouts as their greedy, fat asses can gobble.

Clueless!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This topic certainly energizes you fellas!

Problem is however that the subject is far more complex than most realize. It's a mix of chemistry, hydrology, geology, biology and politics. What could go wrong, hey?

Some time after coffee in the morning I'll pass along a few things for consideration...

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Non-Hodgkin lymphoma is the most common form of blood cancer, so it's no wonder all the "Roundup lawsuit" ads are focused around that diagnosis.

I bet it ultimately goes the same way as the silicone breast implant lawsuit years ago. Later studies and evidence showed no link. Do you think the plaintiffs and lawyers ever gave the money back?

Beast implant lawsuit ethics

Last edited by gsganzer; 09/04/19.
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (2500HD, 222Sako, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 58 invisible), 2,295 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,505
Posts18,509,279
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.