Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by 79S
Dr telling birdwatcher family “ well it’s going to cost 30k to treat him and that’s not counting hospital stay”... 2 hours later birdwatcher dumped in his drive way with a bowl of water left next to him..

Not all that far from the truth. Over the last four years I’ve had three molars and premolars get infected and break off at the gum line such that I have a gap-toothed smile. The infections all drained out through the side of the respective gums and near as I can tell were self-limiting All in all I’m missing five teeth, not including wisdom teeth which are long gone.

This is gonna require some serious attention someday, hopefully not for a few years yet, I got other things I need to be paid off first.

Dumped in the driveway with a bowl of water? Prob’ly ain’t all that far off. I sincerely hope I get to die outside, somewhere when the time comes. The last thing I’d want is to spend money preserving it that could otherwise be used by others in their ongoing lives.

How long are we supposed to live anyway?

Sure..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Hate to side with the 'haters', Mike, but I guess I feel that if you took the cat--or any other animal--in as a 'pet', you're pretty much obligated to care for it. If you're in a situation where you can't afford or aren't willing to look after it while healthy or in sickness, you owe it to the animal to divest yourself of the responsibility and care of it. I mean this wholeheartedly, and I hope that, having met me, you know I'm not bullshytting you: if it's truly money that is the issue, take the cat in and have it looked over/diagnosed. If it's something curable and under a couple grand to fix, I'll pay the vet bill for you. Contingent on your having it treated on my dime and then agreeing to put it up for adoption. If you do so and no one adopts the cat, I'll take it in. Serious offer. I'm saddened to say so, but I'm disappointed in you.

Leighton, I can bear your disappointment.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Dr telling birdwatcher family “ well it’s going to cost 30k to treat him and that’s not counting hospital stay”... 2 hours later birdwatcher dumped in his drive way with a bowl of water left next to him..

Not all that far from the truth. Over the last four years I’ve had three molars and premolars get infected and break off at the gum line such that I have a gap-toothed smile. The infections all drained out through the side of the respective gums and near as I can tell were self-limiting All in all I’m missing five teeth, not including wisdom teeth which are long gone.

This is gonna require some serious attention someday, hopefully not for a few years yet, I got other things I need to be paid off first.

Dumped in the driveway with a bowl of water? Prob’ly ain’t all that far off. I sincerely hope I get to die outside, somewhere when the time comes. The last thing I’d want is to spend money preserving it that could otherwise be used by others in their ongoing lives.

How long are we supposed to live anyway?

Sure..

Absolutely.

I’d send ya a photo of my teeth but they’re awful.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dood, someone is going to call the humane society on you. Do you really want your face plastered all over facebook; or end up on a tv reality series?

Remember Cecil the lion?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Dood, someone is going to call the humane society on you. Do you really want your face plastered all over facebook; or end up on a tv reality series?

Remember Cecil the lion?

Indeed.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This website is just full of wacky old guys.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Of that I'm certain, and I didn't mean to imply that my ethics should equal yours. In fact, pretty clearly they do not. All animals I have adopted/taken home have been given love, food, shelter and medical care, if necessary, for their whole lives. I guess I figured all these years that that was the deal, even if unspoken, as it were.. Apparently, in your world, the part about providing medical care isn't part of the deal. So be it. I offered a possible solution and an opinion, that is all. Maybe a judgement, too, but worth what you paid for it. Take my offer or leave it. Pity your 'pride' and financial situation has your 'pet' sprawled underneath a car rather than being looked at in a clinic.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Birdy, I may have come across a bit harsh on this thread.

If I did, I don't apologize.

Without regard to that, don't ruin your rep on this site.

Take the cat to a vet.

Post the vet's contact info here.

The 'fire will take care of the bill.

You'd want a chance ta live.

Give one to the cat.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Fuuck it, Wageslave and I are in for another $5k.

Each.....

And now SandBilly is in for some $$$....

C'mon guys, let's get this up to $100k and give this cat a new lease on life.

Last edited by SamOlson; 09/04/19.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Hate to side with the 'haters', Mike, but I guess I feel that if you took the cat--or any other animal--in as a 'pet', you're pretty much obligated to care for it. If you're in a situation where you can't afford or aren't willing to look after it while healthy or in sickness, you owe it to the animal to divest yourself of the responsibility and care of it. I mean this wholeheartedly, and I hope that, having met me, you know I'm not bullshytting you: if it's truly money that is the issue, take the cat in and have it looked over/diagnosed. If it's something curable and under a couple grand to fix, I'll pay the vet bill for you. Contingent on your having it treated on my dime and then agreeing to put it up for adoption. If you do so and no one adopts the cat, I'll take it in. Serious offer. I'm saddened to say so, but I'm disappointed in you.

Leighton, I can bear your disappointment.

Now, I understand why Travis would light you up on a regular basis. You lack more than funds Bird. 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have a nice cat robe to donate. In case the weather is inclement on the trip to the veterinarian.

[Linked Image]

MOLON LABE

79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Guys he's a ph ucking idiot.. he starts a thread cat is sick.. the logical answer is take it to a vet.. people tell him comes up with excuse oh I don't have time today, I'm broke, I can't afford $90 bucks... then trying to be funny oh I have bad teeth send me money, my car is a pos send me money, I don't have a hot water heater send me money. This guy is a ph ucking idiot that is teaching kids that's the scary part.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Well damn, this was self-indicted I’d guess.
“Sigh”.....

This is the stupidest thread I ever started. I’ll drop the cat at the vet tomorrow, pay fer it myself.

No I ain’t gonna take a nickel.

Next time I’ll just STFU.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
I bet the cat dies, but this thread never will.

Call a pet rescue place, and have them pick up the cat. It’s still young, and they will revitalize it.

By this thread going on here, it’s a HUGE BLACK EYE for hunters, and the outdoors community.

Rick Bin please…please…please delete this thread.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 79S
Guys he's a ph ucking idiot.. he starts a thread cat is sick.. the logical answer is take it to a vet.. people tell him comes up with excuse oh I don't have time today, I'm broke, I can't afford $90 bucks... then trying to be funny oh I have bad teeth send me money, my car is a pos send me money, I don't have a hot water heater send me money. This guy is a ph ucking idiot that is teaching kids that's the scary part.

Don’t wet yerself there Bub.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Always mount the cat first, then take it to the taxidermist.

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well damn, this was self-indicted I’d guess.
“Sigh”.....

This is the stupidest thread I ever started. I’ll drop the cat at the vet tomorrow, pay fer it myself.

No I ain’t gonna take a nickel.

Yeah right.

At least have the decency to put the cat out of his misery. I’ll send you some flint.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
I bet the cat dies, but this thread never will.

Call a pet rescue place, and have them pick up the cat. It’s still young, and they will revitalize it.

By this thread going on here, it’s a HUGE BLACK EYE for hunters, and the outdoors community.

Rick Bin please…please…please delete this thread.

You either.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by watch4bear

Always mount the cat first, then take it to the taxidermist.

How is this helping grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You forgot the rules: Shoot, shovel, shut up. It's a cat. If anyone wants one we have way too many at the farm.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 264mag, 1_deuce, 1936M71, 219DW, 57 invisible), 1,754 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,109
Posts18,522,761
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.