Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
JamesJr Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I was in the local Walmart tonite grocery shopping with my wife, and I went by the sporting goods section. The guy working there was with one of the store managers, so I asked about ammo. He said all 223 and 5.56 ammo, all handgun ammo, AND all 22 rimfire ammo was what they were not going to be selling.

I asked if they were going to clear it out at a lower price, he said no, that as a matter of fact, they had another truckload of ammo to come in and when it was all sold, that would be it.

There was a guy standing there listening to the conversation, so I said to him, I guess people never get shot with a shotgun or deer rifle. He laughed and said he'd rather be shot with a pistol than with a shotgun.

Anyway, they'll sell deer rifles and shotguns, and ammo for them, but I'm betting it won't be for long.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
[bleep] Walmart.

Now all the schitbirds can find another retail outlet to buy their gun show wares. Lol.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I was in the local Walmart tonite grocery shopping with my wife, and I went by the sporting goods section. The guy working there was with one of the store managers, so I asked about ammo. He said all 223 and 5.56 ammo, all handgun ammo, AND all 22 rimfire ammo was what they were not going to be selling.

I asked if they were going to clear it out at a lower price, he said no, that as a matter of fact, they had another truckload of ammo to come in and when it was all sold, that would be it.

There was a guy standing there listening to the conversation, so I said to him, I guess people never get shot with a shotgun or deer rifle. He laughed and said he'd rather be shot with a pistol than with a shotgun.

Anyway, they'll sell deer rifles and shotguns, and ammo for them, but I'm betting it won't be for long.

Sounds like typical Kentucky cousin humper speak.lol

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by JamesJr

Sounds like typical Kentucky cousin humper speak.lol

Uh, sorry, that's what goes on in Tennessee, or in your case, steelhead humping.....lol.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I remember when Walmart had signs all over the place about "Made in America." Yes, it was a looooong time ago. How things have changed.
Tucker Carlson pretty well gave 'em hell tonight. Worth a watch.
I had about one thing I bought from them. I just looked up another source for that item.
I'm sure their bespoke suit SOB's have factored in the backlash. It would be a shame not to give them what they expect . . . or hopefully a bit more.
But the lefties that love Wallyworld now ain't gonna love it long.

Clinging to guns & religion since 1959

Keyboards make people braver than alcohol

Election Integrity is more important than Election Convenience

Washington Post: "Democracy Dies in Darkness"
More correct: "Killing Democracy Faster Than Darkness"
IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Walmart out Kmarted K mart., but they should remember how Sears had the world by the tail, so Sears thought.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I would not have thought Walmart would stop selling 22 LR.......Geezz.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ah the big bad evil .22 long rifle is gone. I feel safer already.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by doctor_Encore
I would not have thought Walmart would stop selling 22 LR.......Geezz.

^^^^^^^
Kinda like a grocery store not selling bread or milk, isn't it?

Clinging to guns & religion since 1959

Keyboards make people braver than alcohol

Election Integrity is more important than Election Convenience

Washington Post: "Democracy Dies in Darkness"
More correct: "Killing Democracy Faster Than Darkness"
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I cant even remember the last time I bought .22 at walmart.

Let alone 5.56, 7.62x39
Or ot6

Academy 10% mil.discount.
Midsouth shooters supply here in town
Rural king
Tn gun country
Gate 6 gun and knife country

Only thing i buy at walmart for ammo is Remington nitro 27 shotgun shells now that I think about it.

Fugg em .
Private company kowtowing to PC PC schitt.

Ain't seen an AR platform for sale in a walmart around here in 3 or 4 yrs.

Did see some ammo that is scheduled for reduction per its price this morning when I was buying dogfood.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I went in through the garden center to the sporting goods department to grab some stick on targets a few days ago..... First time I'd set foot in that store in 4 or 5 Months. There is a retired engineer that works one day a week just to give himself something to do.... He knows more about guns and shooting than most gun shop employees.

I told him it was my first trip into Walmart in a LONG time.... He asked me "who has annoyed you the most?". I said "several". He nodded and said "I understand". I swear that over the past few years the employee IQ level has dropped 40 points.... unbelievably slow "service".

I'm motivated to keep better track of supplies I use and order online.

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Oh well, guess I'll just have to start loading my own .22 ammo.

laugh

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I decided my new 22 is the Ruger American in 223.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
About the only ammo I've ever bought from Wally World was some locally made full-throttle .45 Colt and the Federal 100 round shotshell packs. I can't even recall buying .22 LR from them. Their decision, no matter how stupid, does not affect my life in any way. I have better and more reliable sources for .22LR with more choices on specialty stuff and I reload everything else except for .40 S&W and 9mm.

Originally Posted by mtnsnake
I decided my new 22 is the Ruger American in 223.

Try Seafire's Blue Dot .223 loads with 40-45gr Hornet bullets. They are THE schitt.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
22 LR?

Sounds like a concerted effort already laid out and just now put into action, without the .gov doing a thing. But that's coming too.

Don't forget, they didn't get rid of cigarettes without getting rid of the candy ones too. Anyone remember Eric Holder?

Bet you remember now.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Walmart's decision to stop selling various types of ammo will affect me just as much as DICK's decision to stop selling black rifles...

Zero...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Walmart's decision to stop selling various types of ammo will affect me just as much as DICK's decision to stop selling black rifles...

Zero...

Im with you on that. In fact if Walmart just up and closed every location I wouldn't even know it. I do understand in some small towns its the only game left but fortunately I have plenty of options. Especially for ammo. Mine magically comes right to my front door.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MadMooner
F U C K Walmart.

Now all the schitbirds can find another retail outlet to buy their gun show wares. Lol.

Fixed it for you.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I don't buy much ammo at Walmart. I reload for all my centerfire hunting rifles, buy the 223-5.56 stuff by the case through my LGS, and am still shooting up 22's that I have had hoarded up for years. About the only ammo I've bought at Walmart has been a few shotgun shells, and maybe a few 22's to replace what I shot up from my stash. I buy my handgun ammo through the LGS as well.

But, I still hate to see Walmart doing what they are, because I'm afraid it's going to set a trend for other stores. It's a free country, and they have the right to run their business as they wish to. Years ago, I bought some Walmart stock, and it's been a very good investment, wish I'd bought more. I'll still shop at Walmart, because while I think they're a hasty business decision, I'm not going to spend half a day in town driving from store to store, when I can stop at one place and get what I need.

I grew up in the era of the mom and pop stores, where they knew you, and you knew them. At one time, the small rural community down the road from me had 5 small country stores, and 2 gas stations. Today, there are none, as the last one closed almost 10 years ago. We live in a changing world, very few things ever remain the same, and that is especially true when it comes to our shopping. The big stores such as Walmart offered shoppers many things that the mom and pop stores could not, including the biggest thing off all, lower prices. People usually go where they get the best bang for their buck, and that means places like Walmart.

Anyway, being very politically incorrect myself, I hate to see Walmart trying to be politically correct, as it will accomplish absolutely nothing in the end. When the big discount stores quit selling ammo, the prices will only go up, and I hate that part of it. I guess I'd better start hoarding 22's again.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (007FJ, 1234, 11point, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 67 invisible), 2,416 guests, and 1,218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,421
Posts18,470,590
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.