Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by fburgtx
If you’re not saving big bucks, then stick with Kubota or Deere.

The jd 2025 and Kubota 2601 are quite a bit lighter than the 3025 and 2510. Those first two are more like large garden tractors. You sure those will do the job???

TRUE

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
And make sure there's a beer holder on the fender. My JD has one but my Kubota doesn't.
Plus, I've never seen a Kubota tattoo?
[Linked Image]

Last edited by jackmountain; 09/05/19.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Write a check and be done with it, never a good choice to finance a depreciating asset . . . even if they dangle 0%.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by tzone
I’d buy the one you can pay cash for.

Why would I use my cash that is earning interest for a tractor I can finance for nothing?

Make no mistake. You are paying interest. It is just rolled into the sales price. Nothing is free.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by cfran
Write a check and be done with it, never a good choice to finance a depreciating asset . . . even if they dangle 0%.

Deere has a VERY affordable insurance product (through Sentry) that was only available if I financed my tractor through Deere (not if I paid it off in full). Paid cash for 80% of the tractor, and financed the last 20%. Something to consider.

IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
, never a good choice to finance a depreciating asset . . . even if they dangle 0%. [/quote]
I was taught that when I took finance in college. But that made the assumption that it "cost" you dollars. (finance charges). In the real world,any time that you can use someones else money to make or save money, you are ahead of the game. The risk that you are taking, is that whatever your money is invested in "tanks".
If I am investing $22000 at 5% return, I am in effect lowering my 0% note by over $90/month.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by G23
Just wondering why you're not including a bucket? In my experience the bucket definitely helps the resale value.

G23

They will all come with FEL

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Explain.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by G23
Just wondering why you're not including a bucket? In my experience the bucket definitely helps the resale value.

G23

I hate that.....so much.

Is there a side loader option? Top loader? Under loader?

(backhoe dont count)

Its like when people talk about their chainsaw. Its got a 32 inch bar......AND chain.

No schit? I like a 30 inch chain with a 32 inch bar myself......

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WeimsnKs
Make no mistake. You are paying interest. It is just rolled into the sales price. Nothing is free.
Right, I have a friend in the HVAC business selling central air units for 12 months interest free. I pinned him down on it and he admitted that the interest was added in to start with.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
You mean heavy lawn mower not tractor

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by G23

G23

I hate that.....so much.

Is there a side loader option? Top loader? Under loader?

(backhoe dont count)

Its like when people talk about their chainsaw. Its got a 32 inch bar......AND chain.

No schit? I like a 30 inch chain with a 32 inch bar myself......

Mine had an over loader.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
[Linked Image]

I am MAGA.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Also, the famous 0% lure you in deals with tractors have fine print and are almost always more expensive...

Last edited by Ejp1234; 09/06/19.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Couple of thoughts: mass and weight are your friend if doing much more than mowing. I would always shy away from lighter tractors, even if they have comparable or even higher hp. You might ask about getting your rear tires filled with fluid for additional weight. If you’re leaning towards the JD because of the insurance, make sure you read the fine print. Some policies only cover the balance of your loan, not replacing the equipment if it’s stolen or burns up. Finally, in some ways, dealer support trumps everything. I’d talk to folks who’ve had to use the respective service departments. [bleep] happens....and you need to know they’ll take care of you.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Ejp1234
JD subcompact/compacts are toys with crap crank cases... aluminum junk!

My compact is a Kioti CK30 and its a tank...

Im in deere country for AG.. my farmer grew up working on them before he started tilling... he owns a kubota compact for light use tho ag equipment is green.

Look at stats... the answer is always in the stats.

Can you point me to these stats of which you speak? I just googled John Deere aluminum crankcase and didn't see anything that stood out as an issue. Do you have any recommended reading on that?

Its pretty simple to find? You could also drive down to a dealership and check out all the aluminum out for yourself, its right in your face when you look below one... they arent trying to hide it. Then you would be educated enough to give advice and not question someone on one of these threads.

The stats are also listed on each products page... like lift capacities, hp, pump sizes etc etc... again, for the cost class/hp class, JD always looses in sub/compacts.... if they were the better buy, by all means id say so, i dont hold a grudge... i dont own stock in any brand.

The facts are, they are more expensive for aluminum underneath vs steel, lower spec’s where needed and usually a plastic hood... and the E class really lack things, for instance an gas cap with a float for the guage... you have to step up to an R for normal features but thats a huge price jump and the spec’s typically dont change.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you're going to buy one and keep it until the day you die, it's probably not going to make any difference, and I'd go with the one that is the most user friendly. However, I always buy equipment with the notion that if I ever want to sell or trade it, how will it's value hold up. You never know if that might happen, or not.

Of the ones you've listed, the JD and Kubota are the ones that fit that bill, with the edge going to Deere. Also, buy the biggest one you can afford, you won't regret it.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Greater than 100 HP, go John Deere. Less than 100 HP, go Kubota. Words of wisdom that were expressed to me.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bought a JD 3038 this spring, very happy with it. Not on your list, as it doesn’t have the capacity to have a belly mower. It is the perfect tractor for my needs but if I’m being honest with myself, wish I went bigger. It will do all my hobby farm work but needs more weight, not horse power, to pull a two bottom plow for food plots. I used a 5 foot tiller instead and it was time consuming but got the job done. My advice is, as others have said, by the biggest one you can, you won’t be disappointed.

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Explain.

Hidden fees and furthermore if you are one day off (late) with you first payment you will get slammed with the accrued interest which is accruing even though you are at 0%. These schemes are merely a ploy to get people to make large purchases who don’t have the money now. If you have the money now then write a check and don’t get caught in their stupid game. Also, do you think you will win huge my making 1.75% on a 5 year CD? Not likely. Invest it in the stock market during this short of time frame and you could turn 20k into 15k. Then who wins.

Cash is king, and never more true then on a depreciating assets.

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (160user, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 56 invisible), 2,497 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,472
Posts18,471,452
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.