Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DaveR Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I need help. How do I get rid of a frog in my neighbor's yard? The azshole has recently installed this freakin joke of a mud puddle pond in his back yard, just on his side of the fence. Well, it is about 10 feet from my bedroom window. It is attracting a frog (I believe just one). This thing is so amazingly loud it is not funny. All [bleep]' night long. I cannot get any sleep. I put the fan on high. I have been putting in ear plugs. Nothing helps. I can hear the thing over both the TV and the fan and AC unit at the same time, with earplugs in!

I tried to ask the putz about it to see if we could come up with a solution. Typical european tree hugger. "It's a sign of a clean environment" he says. "Enjoy the sounds of nature".

For one, clean environment my azz! I've put bleach over the fence. I've thrown salt (I hear it burns their feet, and they leave). I've sprayed permethrin (supposedly they don't like it and leave). I've sprayed wasp killer (it has great range, and has permethrin). NOTHING can get this damn thing to die, leave, or at least stop croaking all damn night. I swear, I'm about to lose my mind. It is so bad, that I was clear on the other side of the house in the garage reloading tonight, and I could hear it over the TV in the garage!

If I could see the thing, I'd pick it off with a pellet gun from my roof, but the only time the damn thing comes out is in the dark.

If anyone has any ideas of a way to covertly rid myself of this creature from hell, I'd appreciate ideas. My only other alternative will be to move. It is that bad.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Simple. Become a dedicated fly caster and use the pond to practice your dryfly casting. I'd guess a size 10 Adams aughta do the trick.

bhtr

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For hours every night during the NRA convention in San Antonio about twenty-five to thirty years ago, a beggar outside our hotel beat on an oil drum, whistled, and amplified all that noise with a very loud, very tinny PA system. He nearly drove Ken Waters crazy. We couldn't leave the patio door to our balcony open or turn the air-conditioner fan off.

The night before the convention was to end, I was getting my stuff ready to check-out the next morning. Without thinking about it (honest!), I started whistling.

In very hurt tones, Ken yelled in the bathroom "I can hear the bugger in here!" I collapsed laughing and couldn't have kept-on whistling if my life had depended on it.

grin

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bearhuntr
Simple. Become a dedicated fly caster and use the pond to practice your dryfly casting. I'd guess a size 10 Adams aughta do the trick.

bhtr

Followed by some breading and hot oil. Works for me! cool

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
For hours every night during the NRA convention in San Antonio about twenty-five to thirty years ago, a beggar outside our hotel beat on an oil drum, whistled, and amplified all that noise with a very loud, very tinny PA system. He nearly drove Ken Waters crazy. We couldn't leave the patio door to our balcony open or turn the air-conditioner fan off.

The night before the convention was to end, I was getting my stuff ready to check-out the next morning. Without thinking about it (honest!), I started whistling.

In very hurt tones, Ken yelled in the bathroom "I can hear the bugger in here!" I collapsed laughing and couldn't have kept-on whistling if my life had depended on it.

grin

That gentleman was named 'Bongo Joe'. He was not a beggar but a folk hero of sorts on the riverwalk in downtown San Antonio. He was a tourist attraction. I believe I read he died a few years ago in Austin,Tx. His banging would drown out the frog for sure. wink

BP...

IC B2

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
DaveR;

Pellet rifle; flashlight taped underneath. Frog eyes shine. Put a pellet into the shiny object; problem solved.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Might try pitching a couple hungry mature non-poisonous snakes over the fence. Tell the neighbor "It's a sign of a clean environment".

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Man talk about things to complain about.

I'm going to laugh my ass off when I hear that it's a recording to add authenticity to the whole thing!

Some folks find no end of things to whine about- what a hoot (oops, I suppose you have declared war on owls too).

Brent

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
DaveR;

Pellet rifle; flashlight taped underneath. Frog eyes shine. Put a pellet into the shiny object; problem solved.

FINALLY! We now have a legitimate reason to use all that tactical Gack. A "lowlight" scope that "gathers" light even in a mine shaft. Silencer for the pellet gun. Flash suppressor. And....Ta Da!--a nighttime range finder.

Now we just have to figure out where the frog is.

I've been told gigging frogs works--sounds like it's worth a try.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I hope this is a joke

IC B3

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
If you really must, allow the frog into your yard. Put in a light low to the ground. The frog will come near to eat the bugs the light attracts.

Or wear ear plugs.

Scott

It had been necessary for him to swallow swords that he might have a better throat for grapes.
Stephen Crane~ The Red Badge of Courage
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Go read the novel "Henderson the Rain King". It's got a wonderful bit in there about how Henderson gets rid of the frogs.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I thought that the hole in the ozone layer a few years ago would have killed all the frogs by now. Must be GWB's fault.

Carpe' Scrotum
Tod Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Frogs. I love them. They're so...amphibious.

We had a few hundred that lived in our yard in Beaverton, including a some that lived under the house. I'd rather listen to frogs than cars, sirens, trains, etc.

+1 snb13

Be the person your dog thinks you are.
DaveR Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BrentD

I'm going to laugh my ass off when I hear that it's a recording to add authenticity to the whole thing!

Some folks find no end of things to whine about- what a hoot (oops, I suppose you have declared war on owls too).

Brent

Have you ever tried to sleep with a frog incesently croaking under your window all night long? If you haven't experienced it, don't be so quick to judge about people's "whining". Inability to sleep for days on end is not nothing. Once them little bastids get "under your skin", it can get maddening. I has become a battle of wills of my neighbor, the frog, and me, and I'm losing badly. crazy

I like the idea of the light to attract him to my side of the fence. I even thought about putting out a little "kiddie pool" to help bring him over. "His frog" then becomse "my frog" and I could dispatch at will. Problem being, it's a 6' tall brick wall. Don't think Kermit is getting over that. I think he's a permanent resident next door.

If the guy would leave town for a couple days, I could do the air rfile and flashlight thing easily enough, but it does get a bit risky shooting at critters in other people's back yards, especially in this place.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've noticed several times that my urban friends have issues sleeping with things like whippoorwills, birds in general, crickets, coyotes, owls, babbling brooks, waterfalls, spring peepers (frogs) and the like out and about. Yet sirens, barking dogs, backup beepers, mega bass speakers, car alarms, gun shots, and even people convulsing on the street will not raise and eye brow. Of course they drown it all out with tunnel vision and an Ipod.

I'll stay in the country and tough it out with all those horrid night sounds. Buck up and be glad at least some small bit of wildlife can tolerate your silent polluted environment. Bring in a female and maybe he'll quit calling and start working out his pelvic muscles. Then, there will be all that heavy breathing 1Minute

Last edited by 1minute; 05/03/07.

1Minute
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you free the Israelites from bondage the frogs will go...

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Thats what I was thinking! One frog, night only? Could be this "frog" is this neighbors noise maker he sleeps by like my box fan.

War Damn Eagle!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DaveR
Originally Posted by BrentD

Brent

Have you ever tried to sleep with a frog incesently croaking under your window all night long? If you haven't experienced it, don't be so quick to judge about people's "whining". Inability to sleep for days on end is not nothing. Once them little bastids get "under your skin", it can get maddening. I has become a battle of wills of my neighbor, the frog, and me, and I'm losing badly. crazy

I like the idea of the light to attract him to my side of the fence. I even thought about putting out a little "kiddie pool" to help bring him over. "His frog" then becomse "my frog" and I could dispatch at will. Problem being, it's a 6' tall brick wall. Don't think Kermit is getting over that. I think he's a permanent resident next door.

If the guy would leave town for a couple days, I could do the air rfile and flashlight thing easily enough, but it does get a bit risky shooting at critters in other people's back yards, especially in this place.

Dave,

I agree, a noise preventing sleep is not something petty you're whining over. I guess BrentD would put up with a constantly barking neighbor dog too. Same thing really.

War Damn Eagle!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I had a nieghbor who dug a pond right next to the back fence at a placxe I used to own. Frogs started coming out of the ground a few months later, the mateing croaks were terrible one huge bull would make a sound almost like a scream, I went out in the pasture and cought a couple bull snakes then tossed them over the fence. The croaking stopped for a while. Then the big screaming bull toad came back or was replaced by another one, late one night I was tuning out the frog sounds when I suddenly hear the guys back door slam and him yelling at his wife to turn the Floodlights on I look out and he is stalking around his yard with a big meat fork, suddenly he jabs somthing and then yell i got it!!!! sure enough he got it that big screaming toad. He was spreading somthing in his yard the next day and he put chicken wire over his pond. That thing attracted all sorts of critters besides frogs and toads I know I saw several Racoons and a couple possums and a skunk in his yard from time to time. Live traps sure are neat

Declaration of Independance, in ENGLISH
U.S. Constitution, in ENGLISH
U.S. Bill of Rights, in ENGLISH
If you cannot or don't want to learn ENGLISH, go back to the third world cesspool you came from
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

180 members (1shotnokilz, 160user, 30incher, 35, 257robertsimp, 10gaugemag, 17 invisible), 16,683 guests, and 979 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,880
Posts18,538,222
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
Yesterday at 04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.