Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
So Evan Williams single barrel seems to have gone mia. Its not longer available here and hasnt been for well over a year. It was my cheaper go to when wanting something decent in that price range. I do enjoy eagle rare, but its a tad sweet for my liking at times. Anything out there that I'm missing thats comparable to Williams single barrel? I feel that Ive tried most, but havnt found a good replacement

GB1

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I’m not a bourbon snob and recognize all our taste buds are unique, but I have a few favorites to recommend. George Dickel No. 12 at 90 proof or No. 8 at 80 proof, Pendleton (Canadian blended) , or Woodford. If you hanker for some high octane stuff: Knob Creek 100 proof. None of those break the bank. I had some EW single barrel a few years ago and don’t recall why I never bought again? Happy Trails

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I would say the cheapest Ten High or perhaps some of that Savon in the plastic bottle would be comparable to anything Evan Williams. Rebecca Creek is maybe the best for the money.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Turkey 101 is surprising good budget bourbon

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
So I gotta ask, and I'm not being my usual smartass self.

For you guys that are shopping for these different priced bourbons and are picking it apart down to a gnats ass, are you hoping to save a little on each bottle of bourbon and at the end of the year go on a cruise with the wifey on the savings or what? Do you seriously drink so much that you have to buy budget booze? Why not buy the booze you like the most and drink occasionally or in moderation, and really enjoy good spirits? To me it'd be like drinking cheap beer in a can by the half case rather than 1 or 2 craft beers that are really good.

I guess I equate budget booze shopping with alcoholism. Maybe I'm way off base.

LOL
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Fireball2

For you guys that are shopping for these different priced bourbons and are picking it apart down to a gnats ass, are you hoping to save a little on each bottle of bourbon and at the end of the year go on a cruise with the wifey on the savings or what? Do you seriously drink so much that you have to buy budget booze? Why not buy the booze you like the most and drink occasionally or in moderation, and really enjoy good spirits? To me it'd be like drinking cheap beer in a can by the half case rather than 1 or 2 craft beers that are really good.

^^^^

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I'm one of the cheapest bastards around, but this is what I do. If I don't like it, I don't drink it, so cheap booze gets passed off to my neighbor, which raises the overall cost when I buy what I should have bought in the first place.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Your off base, I been to some "blind" bourbon taste events before and seen time after time cheap liquor beat high end stuff a bunch of times. That's not to say some high end stuff is not worth the money. But it pays to experiment and is fun in the process. This is how I discovered George Dickel 12, $21 a bottle.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I like Jack Daniel’s and water with a touch of lemon squeezed into it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe

Your off base, I been to some "blind" bourbon taste events before and seen time after time cheap liquor beat high end stuff a bunch of times. That's not to say some high end stuff is not worth the money. But it pays to experiment and is fun in the process. This is how I discovered George Dickel 12, $21 a bottle.

That makes sense. We are in agreement about drinking what you like tho. I guess I don't know enough about booze and pricing to know how it all works.

LOL
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've been drinking Jesse James

Good for the money

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Rebecca Creek is maybe the best for the money.

Maybe it's just me but Rebecca Creek tastes like dirty socks.
Knob Creek on the other hand is what I really like.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't know about PA, but Evan Williams Single Barrel is available here in CA.

https://www.totalwine.com/spirits/b...barrel/p/5571750?s=1125&igrules=true

There are several quite drinkable bourbons in the $20 - 25 range, Maker's Mark, Bulleit, Elijah Craig, etc.

If you want a recommendation for a really good bourbon that's more expensive but worth every penny, try Angel's Envy.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Have you tried Evan white label (bonded)?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I like trying new Bourbons just for S&G. Currently, Angels Envy, Elijah Craig and Eagle Rare seem to be working just fine.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
+1 on the E. Craig. Also, if you’re not afraid to go cheap, pick up a bottle of Benchmark to try. You may like it, I did.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E Craig and Pendleton, in the big bottles from Costco are pretty price efficient. I bought some Kirkland Canadian, and not convinced it's going to be more than an an occasional choice.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I try to sample as much different bourbon as I can. I have been on a “Larceny” kick here lately. Low $20s for a bottle and it seems it what get drank on when all the friends come over

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Several good ones have been mentioned but one not is Four Roses single barrel. Very good for the money.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Turkey 101 is surprising good budget bourbon

Yes it is.

So is Old Granddad Bonded....if a bit on the sweet side.

I am MAGA.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

94 members (7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 2500HD, 1973cb450, 16 invisible), 1,650 guests, and 1,040 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,053
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.