Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by 16bore
If that electrical tape isn’t 3M, then it’s crap...

This is actually true. Make mine Super 88. :-)

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You gotta get that cheap crap from Habor Freight.

Now I’m assuming you use a Buck knife too? Probably a folder. Or was it a Shrade Sharpfinger made in China?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by BC30cal
JSTUART;
Good morning to you good sir, I hope all is well with you and your fine family on the start of this second week in September.

Since you've asked me an honest question, I'll give you as honest a reply as I'm able sir.

Way, way back in the day I was renting a room from my favorite cousin and her boyfriend in Calgary. She's gone now, taken much too young from recurring breast cancer, but we had a relationship such that she'd speak truth into my life and I'd listen.

One Friday evening we were sitting in a local bar discussing the week and she asked me, "Do you ever listen to yourself Dwayne? You have an incredibly foul mouth". Please understand Corrine was no prude by anyone's measure and coming from her I took a couple steps back.

After that, I made a promise to myself that I would attempt to communicate with my fellow humans - and most cows and horses too - without excessive cussing. It was not easy by any stretch either I must add, I found it much, much easier to stop smoking than to stop cussing.

Most of my coworkers think I'm the oddest manager they've ever worked for in that I don't as a rule cuss much and neither do I get angry. That's another story for another day too... wink

Anyway sir, as I've often said, I'm very much a work in progress and struggle the same as most folks do in trying to be a better version of myself today than I was yesterday. Oh and no, I don't believe I succeed most days in that endeavor either sir.

Hopefully that didn't take a fun thread too far in the weeds and as a Canuck I'm sorry if it did.

I will say though that if it isn't 3M electrical tape, indeed it is lacking on so many levels.... laugh

All the best to you all JSTUART.

Dwayne

Edit to add;
I now feel so much better knowing it indeed is 3M tape!

Whilst I heartily approve of your personal stance on profanity you needs be aware that should you at any time in the future venture to this wide brown land you would be considered illiterate and somewhat lacking in the social graces.

I suggest reclining in front of a mirror every other day to practice with the word "bloody', though I understand that this is somewhat onerous and personally demeaning I believe you would find it liberating and a great boost to your social standing, with the added benefit of making your manner more confident and conversation more interesting.

After several months of this you could advance to the more daring and somewhat raunchier "heck".

Regards.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

No need to thank me as I am always happy to assist our awkward and somewhat backward Canadian cousins.

Regards.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

Weeelll, you must be forgetting about that mysterious 1 MOA shift in POI a few months ago and all the fun you guys had zeroing the scope initially wink

Nope. 'Fine' isn't the same as 'awesome' in my world.

But... My kiddo is still happy with his purchase, and far be it from me to wreck that on him. He's a smart boy, he'll draw his own conclusions. wink

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Tundras make for a decent shooting bench...😎

Indeed!

I wish we could shoot from our truck beds up here! A Fish Cop could issue a ticket if I so much as leaned a loaded rifle against my Tundra's tire. Land of the semi-free...
Originally Posted by Wrongside

Poor Brad. Keep your stick on the ice little buddy, things'll look up eventually.

Man I'm trying... keep taking pucks in the teeth though... maybe someday I'll be a real hunter... sigh.*

wink
Originally Posted by BC30cal
JSTUART;
Good morning to you good sir, I hope all is well with you and your fine family on the start of this second week in September.

Since you've asked me an honest question, I'll give you as honest a reply as I'm able sir.

Way, way back in the day I was renting a room from my favorite cousin and her boyfriend in Calgary. She's gone now, taken much too young from recurring breast cancer, but we had a relationship such that she'd speak truth into my life and I'd listen.

One Friday evening we were sitting in a local bar discussing the week and she asked me, "Do you ever listen to yourself Dwayne? You have an incredibly foul mouth". Please understand Corrine was no prude by anyone's measure and coming from her I took a couple steps back.

After that, I made a promise to myself that I would attempt to communicate with my fellow humans - and most cows and horses too - without excessive cussing. It was not easy by any stretch either I must add, I found it much, much easier to stop smoking than to stop cussing.

Most of my coworkers think I'm the oddest manager they've ever worked for in that I don't as a rule cuss much and neither do I get angry. That's another story for another day too... wink

Anyway sir, as I've often said, I'm very much a work in progress and struggle the same as most folks do in trying to be a better version of myself today than I was yesterday. Oh and no, I don't believe I succeed most days in that endeavor either sir.

Hopefully that didn't take a fun thread too far in the weeds and as a Canuck I'm sorry if it did.

I will say though that if it isn't 3M electrical tape, indeed it is lacking on so many levels.... laugh

All the best to you all JSTUART.

Dwayne

Edit to add;
I now feel so much better knowing it indeed is 3M tape!

Dwayne,

You're a gem. I love your comments and stories.

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JSTUART
No need to thank me as I am always happy to assist our awkward and somewhat backward Canadian cousins.

Regards.

You bloody Kiwis are all the same... laugh grin

John

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Regards.

JSTUART;
Good evening - almost tomorrow I now - to you sir, I trust all is well with you and yours and that you had a good Monday.

While I'm cognizant you've indicated a thanks in unnecessary at this juncture, I believe that should I not do so I'd be letting down my fellow countrymen in some way. wink

Since I'm aging and have been here on our cyber 'Fire for sometime, I'm likely repeating myself, but may or may not be blissfully unaware of that, so with your kind permission I'll press on.

We've got a fair few folks from your part of the world here in BC, most coming to snowboard, others to ski and some for the BC bud of course as well.

A couple of my co-workers were from different parts of Australia and while I couldn't detect any difference in the accent exactly, the combinations of cuss words were somewhat geographically unique. Very fondly I recall bursting out laughing on several occasions and asking them "what exactly did you just say?" laugh

While I'm not sure what travel destinations might be in my future at this juncture, I will be sure to take your advice to heart and practice a tad before heading into the southern hemisphere.

Thanks for the chuckle this morning anyway sir and all the best to you folks as we head into fall and you head into spring.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 09/09/19.

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Here is my 15 year old son with a Kimber (although it’s chambered in the 7mm version of the 08), Leupold scope, Nosler BT’s, black tape, in Canada, without camouflage. This is at the 80 KM mark of the trip with another 40 to go and the scope is still zeroed today. No warranty department has been consulted. Miraculous

[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Actually Brad it looks like your version of the KISS principle. A quality one at that. Well done. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Weeelll, you must be forgetting about that mysterious 1 MOA shift in POI a few months ago and all the fun you guys had zeroing the scope initially wink

But... My kiddo is still happy with his purchase, and far be it from me to wreck that on him. He's a smart boy, he'll draw his own conclusions. wink

A fine woman and an awesome woman are about the same, in my world... grin

Certainly don't want to get him down on the scope, but as third-party observers we can be a bit more objective when he's not listening. wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Dwayne,
You're a gem. I love your comments and stories.

A bigly +1.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by 16bore
Almost forgot the crappy Talleys too. Are they crappy low or crappy mediums? I like a piece of crap like that, except I’d only shoot crappy factory ammo..

Crappy lows... I'm nearing the 30 pair Talley Lightweight mark, and haven't had a problem with them yet, but like Eeyore I'm expecting a problem any decade now - smile

I wouldnt hold your breath. I have a set of LW's on my 300 Ultra that has been through 3 barrels and nearly twenty years of use as my primary hunting rifle.

Last edited by BWalker; 09/09/19.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Certainly don't want to get him down on the scope, but as third-party observers we can be a bit more objective when he's not listening. wink

You chose wisely then- not majoring in Engleesh. 😋😉

So, it exhibited the Leupold Shuffle. That’s almost expected at this point and really can be lived with for his uses. And possibly shifted once- rings, un-bedded rifle or scope? Honestly, I’d have a hard time saying it was his scope that shifted for sure. I’d lean that direction, but that may just be biased on my part. I’ll change my tune on that particular sample when he does... wink

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by pathfinder76
Here is my 15 year old son with a Kimber (although it’s chambered in the 7mm version of the 08), Leupold scope, Nosler BT’s, black tape, in Canada, without camouflage. This is at the 80 KM mark of the trip with another 40 to go and the scope is still zeroed today. No warranty department has been consulted. Miraculous

[Linked Image]

Awesome. Our world would be in much better shape if more young men had an upbringing that had them outdoors and with their fathers more often.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

You chose wisely then- not majoring in Engleesh. 😋😉

So, it exhibited the Leupold Shuffle. That’s almost expected at this point and really can be lived with for his uses. And possibly shifted once- rings, un-bedded rifle or scope? Honestly, I’d have a hard time saying it was his scope that shifted for sure. I’d lean that direction, but that may just be biased on my part. I’ll change my tune on that particular sample when he does... wink

hmmmm...

'fine
/fīn/

adjective
1. of high quality.
"this was a fine piece of filmmaking" '

You leaning toward the Leupold shuffle is showing your bias, as you said...biased by experience and facts wink

My initial comment wasn't an effort to bad-mouth the boy's scope, but was simply my way of pointing out that a scope exhibiting the Leupold shuffle isn't what most people on this forum would consider "working just fine".

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Actually Brad it looks like your version of the KISS principle. A quality one at that. Well done. MB

My version of that has Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley in it. wink

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Off topic slightly, but another reason I like low profile Leupolds. They will ride like this for 100’s of miles without a hitch.

[Linked Image]

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by pathfinder76
Off topic slightly, but another reason I like low profile Leupolds. They will ride like this for 100’s of miles without a hitch.

[Linked Image]

I like that scabbard. That pic almost makes me wanna hunt horseback.

This thread is friendly. Like a time machine to 2013. Maybe Dober will chime in soon.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by Walker6

This thread is friendly.

Typical Brad post.....always starting crap.....grin....

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 62 invisible), 3,014 guests, and 1,177 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,618
Posts18,533,005
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.