Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
D
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
Hey guys so I’m a general contractor and I live in sf bay California. I hate the politics and the people and the hunting sucks but it’s hard to argue with the money you make here. We have a small property here in California and we have horses on it which is pretty awesome. My dads buddy owns a hunting property in Idaho but lives and runs his own company in California so he can work here most months but during elk and deer season he stays in Idaho and just runs the business from there. I was thinking about trying to do the same thing but in Montana or Wyoming and than just hiring a ranch foreman to look after the property and my livestock when I’m in California working. Than since I make California money I can live a comfortable life but go out there regularly and be there for most of hunting season. What do you guys think of this plan? I will eventually move to that property but while I’m young and still can work hard and make money I think I should. Do any of you guys do this?

GB1

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
I hear Minnesota is great.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Be sure to buy plenty of fence wire, posts and "no trespassing" signs eek

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Stay in Caliotoe, Idaho doesn't want or need you or your kind

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I don't think anybody in California should be allowed to buy property in any other state.

Nothing good ever comes from it.

IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Montana or Idaho sound perfect for ya!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Texas is full.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm going to assume you guys don't work for the Welcome Wagon.

Guess how many fingers I'm holding up.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I looked at a map and I see Mendocino National Forest, Tahoe National Forest, Plumas National Forest, and El Dorado National Forest. Do they allow hunting? I didn't even look at state land.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
What a bunch of A holes...…...…...…...…. If folks are like that I WOULD not to want to move to YOUR state. JUst as bad as the liberals don't even know the guy, painting anyone from CA with the same brush. Duche something...

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smithrjd
What a bunch of A holes...…...…...…...…. If folks are like that I WOULD not to want to move to YOUR state. JUst as bad as the liberals don't even know the guy, painting anyone from CA with the same brush. Duche something...

Perfect, keep that mindset.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Don't move here.

Kentucky is notorious for its percentage of azzholes and it's getting worse every day without an influx of refugees from California.

The banjer pickin' alone that erupts here every day at sundown is enough to keep most people out.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Don't move here.

Kentucky is notorious for its percentage of azzholes and it's getting worse every day without an influx of refugees from California.

The banjer pickin' alone that erupts here every day at sundown is enough to keep most people out.

^^^^^^^^^
Ya
What he said.

Tennessee sells extra banjo,s to kentucky.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey California

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I spent 5 years in LA, eagle rock, and Pasadena. Why not Ohio? We are a bit more.....hospitable.
However, you had best look into taxes, and residency issues. You will probably have to pay taxes in your state of residence and the state where the money is made. Check it out with professionals.
I believe there are also issues with requiring that you make %51 of your money from the land, or some other nonsense, to be an instate hunter. Otherwise, you might have to pay for out of state permits for hunting your own land. Things to consider and check with the experts.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by 700LH
Hey California
[Linked Image]

Holy schit!!!

LMFAO!!!

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
When I was living in Lexington this young couple from California rented the house next door.

My neighbor across the street was from Rockcastle County and could seriously pick a guitar.

The first night they moved in he came over to visit,....brought his guitar,..and we welcomed 'em to the state with liquor inspired songs while we sat on the front porch.

I recall belting out a particularly inspired rendition of "Man Of Constant Sorrow" at around midnight while he strummed the hell out of his old Martin.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you’re interested in Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Utah or Montana give me a call

Last edited by huntsonora; 09/12/19.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by 700LH
Hey California
[Linked Image]

Holy schit!!!

LMFAO!!!

You are right
No Body Likes Me
I bought property in Arizona and every Commyfornian that purchased property in our Community up there is Fighting the Arizonans from turning it into another Commyfornia they hate us so bad that they want to turn the area into Commyfornia just to get rid of us.
and they all call them selves Conservatives
No matter were you go there will be People that want to control every move you make.
ya gotta fight it when it comes your way.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Morewood
I'm going to assume you guys don't work for the Welcome Wagon.

Guess how many fingers I'm holding up.

I sure don't mind folks (like you) moving here that want to leave the politics of California behind them, and live and vote to keep those policies away. I even welcome them.

But by and large that hasn't been the case. They fugg up one place, then move to the next to escape it, and be damned if they don't fugg the new place all up to, by making it just like where they came from.

It's not just California either.

I've seen it happen from all the illegals too. Move here from Mexico and then make it just like where they came from... crazy

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

400 members (160user, 17CalFan, 22250rem, 10Glocks, 280shooter, 2500HD, 35 invisible), 1,733 guests, and 1,058 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,874
Posts18,478,818
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.