These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"

R
RNF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Great actor and story teller.

A gun in the hand is worth more than the entire police force on the phone.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I was too slow, but it bears repeating.

Last edited by 5sdad; 09/12/19.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
When I was about 5 one of my Great Grandfathers looked and talked just like him. Mom said I thought it was him on TV one time.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
One of the great sidekicks!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Not bad on his own, I come upon the Guns of Will Sonnet on YouTube. Somehow I missed that the years back.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
One of the great sidekicks!

Yep!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I read where he won three Academy Awards, served in France during WW1, and was a hard-core conservative and a member of the John Birch Society.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So many great roles but one of the one most overlooked was as Judge Roy Bean in "The Westerner" with Gary Cooper. Incredible.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
He's with Roy now.........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Brennan was politically conservative.[37] In 1963 and 1964, he joined actors William Lundigan, Chill Wills, and Efrem Zimbalist, Jr. in making appearances on behalf of U.S. Senator Barry M. Goldwater, the Republican nominee in the campaign against President Lyndon B. Johnson.[38]

In 1964, Brennan spoke at "Project Prayer", a rally attended by 2,500 at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles. The gathering, which was hosted by Anthony Eisley, sought to flood Congress with letters in support of mandatory school prayer, following two decisions of the Supreme Court in 1962 and 1963 which struck down the practice of mandatory prayer in public schools as being in conflict with the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution.[39] Also at the rally were Rhonda Fleming, Lloyd Nolan, Dale Evans, Pat Boone, and Gloria Swanson.

Brennan, a Roman Catholic, did not publicize his own religious affiliation, but declared, "I'm too old not to be a religious fella. [...] It appears we are losing something a lot of people made a lot of sacrifices for."[39] During the 1960s, he became convinced that the antiwar and civil rights movements were being aided by overseas Communists from the Soviet Union through their support of local communist sympathizers and agitators, and said as much in interviews.[40]. In interviews, he voiced his belief that Communist forces were behind the civil rights and anti-war movements, and reportedly expressed glee on the set of his final series "The Guns of Will Sonnett" (ABC, 1967-69) upon hearing the news that Martin Luther King, Jr., had been assassinated. In 1972, he supported the presidential campaign of conservative California congressman John Schmitz over that of Richard Nixon, whom he believed to be too moderate.[41] He was a member of the John Birch Society. "

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Not bad on his own, I come upon the Guns of Will Sonnet on YouTube. Somehow I missed that the years back.

"No brag...(insert spit here)...just fact."

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He would have made a better President than any we've had or are likely to for some time.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Rio Bravo

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
"The Far Country", co-starred with Jimmy Stewart. My favorite.
Loosely based on the life of Gold Rush con-man Soapy Smith, and how he met his fate. Very loosely.

Last edited by JeffyD; 09/13/19.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Agreed....

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Too many good roles to list here, but a few of my favorite Brennan characters were in........

Sargent York
The Westerner
My Darling Clementine
Red River
Along The Great Divide
Rio Bravo

Just a few.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
"Brennan was politically conservative.[37] In 1963 and 1964, he joined actors William Lundigan, Chill Wills, and Efrem Zimbalist, Jr. in making appearances on behalf of U.S. Senator Barry M. Goldwater, the Republican nominee in the campaign against President Lyndon B. Johnson.[38]

In 1964, Brennan spoke at "Project Prayer", a rally attended by 2,500 at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles. The gathering, which was hosted by Anthony Eisley, sought to flood Congress with letters in support of mandatory school prayer, following two decisions of the Supreme Court in 1962 and 1963 which struck down the practice of mandatory prayer in public schools as being in conflict with the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution.[39] Also at the rally were Rhonda Fleming, Lloyd Nolan, Dale Evans, Pat Boone, and Gloria Swanson.

Brennan, a Roman Catholic, did not publicize his own religious affiliation, but declared, "I'm too old not to be a religious fella. [...] It appears we are losing something a lot of people made a lot of sacrifices for."[39] During the 1960s, he became convinced that the antiwar and civil rights movements were being aided by overseas Communists from the Soviet Union through their support of local communist sympathizers and agitators, and said as much in interviews.[40]. In interviews, he voiced his belief that Communist forces were behind the civil rights and anti-war movements, and reportedly expressed glee on the set of his final series "The Guns of Will Sonnett" (ABC, 1967-69) upon hearing the news that Martin Luther King, Jr., had been assassinated. In 1972, he supported the presidential campaign of conservative California congressman John Schmitz over that of Richard Nixon, whom he believed to be too moderate.[41] He was a member of the John Birch Society. "
Back then, they didn't give RINO's the courtesy of calling them "moderates", they were just called "Liberal Republicans" and Nixon was one. So was Ford. Reagan wasn't. Bush was.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
He was also on a TV show called the Real Macoys!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
He grew up in Northeastern Oregon. He had a ranch just east of Enterprise. I was at the ranch back in the 70's. Brennan was not there at the time but the family that was running the ranch said he spent alot of time there.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

425 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 163bc, 37 invisible), 2,090 guests, and 1,154 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,245
Posts18,486,132
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.