Campfire Ranger
What was playing on the radio?

Carpe' Scrotum
GB1

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Pretty common theme around here on the weekends,they dont hurt anyone.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Living smack dab in the middle of a huge herd of mostly Mennonites, as well as Amish, I can't say that I've seen any that had been drinking. They're either very secretive about Rumspringa, which is an Amish, not Mennonite, thing, or else they don't do it. They do smoke, and raise a lot of tobacco, and probably do some other stuff as well. They just don't advertise it.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Neighbors up at my deer camp are Amish young couple nice enough people but strange ideas,i.e. She was not getting pregnant after 1year of marriage so their church Bishop came over 1 night a week for 2 months to try his...errr " hand" at knocking her up . His juice must have been good cause she soon swelled up like a brood sow and their life went on like everything was normal. They have 3 kids now. One might say the Bishop can really spit the "tobacco juice"!!!!!

Last edited by Hectortwsp; 09/18/19.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by slumlord
RUMSPRINGA !!!!!!!!!!!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Jealousy is an ugly thing.

They don't bath much,
If you can get past the smell,
you got 'er licked. grin

We don't have any Amish in my immediate area but the few times I have been up close enough to some to notice was a couple of young females, sisters that ran a Amish general store my mother-in-law used to like to shop at in another county. Not even once did I ever notice any repulsive odor from either of them. Matter of fact, one sister was hand hoeing a huge produce garden, dressed in a long sleeve ankle length dress with big bonnet out beside the store when we first drove up. It was late morning, late summer day, full sun and already hot and humid.

A little while later the sister that was working in the garden came in the back door of the store for a break, something to drink and a bite to eat. You'd think anybody would be wring wet with sweat and stinking from working outside in the sun and heat like she had been, probably since early morning too, but no odor whatsoever.

I'm around both male and female Mennonites fairly frequently in stores and never have noticed any offensive odor around them either.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's one of those jokes.
I think you missed it.

And I mostly agree with you.
It's only a few if the older people that I've noticed.
And like everyone else that look alike, but different than the norm,
They all get lumped together.

They are not all,

honest/crooked,
hard working,
smart/dumb,
Teetotalers/drunks,
Smokers/non-smokers...

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I used to think those primitive living religious sects were very strange. But after witnessing what the modern world is producing in the way of culture,..I can't help but believe that the joke's on us

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by Bristoe
I used to think those primitive living religious sects were very strange. But after witnessing what the modern world is producing in the way of culture,..I can't help but believe that the joke's on us

It is refreshing when driving by a Mennonite school to see the kids outside at recess playing and romping around like pretty much all kids used to back in the old days.

And as a group, their younger kids are about the most well behaved out in public one could imagine.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
The self driving car people need to notice. The horse was going where it should

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
There's an Amish bakery up the road from me that I go in from time to time, they make great pastries. It's got some older Amish women running it and usually has several early to mid-20's girls working in there. To be honest, most of them are pretty hot even without makeup. I think a lot of it is that they're not fat like 99% of all American women today. If it's the result of inbreeding then all I can say is keep on doing it because it's working!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I can y'all some Mennonite girls around here that are better looking than any movie star. However, after a dozen kids, and all that hard work, they don't keep those looks very long. I tried to trade a horse for one, but her daddy said he thought she was worth at least two.

I'm saving my money to buy that second horse.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Steve

The Police.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
One of the best stories I've heard about young Amish men drinking is about the father waking up, and noticing his boys must be in town, and at the bar, goes in, and brings the horse home. Getting the wagon home is up to the youngsters.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by wabigoon
One of the best stories I've heard about young Amish men drinking is about the father waking up, and noticing his boys must be in town, and at the bar, goes in, and brings the horse home. Getting the wagon home is up to the youngsters.

Lol. That would’ve been my dad if he was Amish or knew what a horse was. 😁......actually come to think about it my dad would’ve come inside for a few drinks with his son and then had mom come get us......the good old days.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by Steve

The Police.

Sort of,

the song was Roxanne.................

performed by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

Geno

PS, I've heard the Amish fellas have a thing for those cute LDS girls.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by wabigoon

Lol. That would’ve been my dad if he was Amish or knew what a horse was. 😁......actually come to think about it my dad would’ve come inside for a few drinks with his son and then had mom come get us......the good old days.

Shortly after I obtained my driver's license, I came out from a party to find my car missing......

The old man had come and taken it home.

Ah, ,the good old days!

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
The Amish wait until a teen is around 17 or so then cut them free to see if they like "English life" better than what they were raised under for a couple years. Back in my wilder days I knew a young Amish gal during that time in her life. I can attest they are healthy an she had no more odor than anyother female. Her body was hard as a rock from all that work she was used to but soft as a kitten where needed.She wore her jeans tight and her tshirts short an when she threw her leg over my Electra Glide I could tell she knew how to ride!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What the heck is "ultra light" beer,water with carbonation?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." **Benjamin Franklin**
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Yup!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

486 members (2ndwind, 3040Krag, 270cowboy, 358WCF, 19rabbit52, 007FJ, 50 invisible), 1,687 guests, and 1,183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,021
Posts18,520,787
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.