Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I found a pretty Interesting Article at Free Republic this morning.
Considering that several democratic candidates are finally saying what they're all thinking regarding gun control/confiscation, I'm thinking we as a nation may have to answer this very question much sooner than most of us thought.
Beto O'Rourke is talking bans and confiscation and Booker wants all gun owners licensed and all firearms registered. I think most conservatives recognize that the end goal of the left is prohibition and confiscation, (at least for honest law abiding people) but the liberals and democrats have been working at it incrementally while denying their true goal.
If I post something like this I usually go to the original article, but some of the comments and replies posted by fellow Freepers are as interesting as the main article.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
April 19, 1775

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd say the vast majority will not but some will. Defending the Constitution is the first thing we are sworn to protect in our military oath.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Some LEOs and military members certainly will.

When she got the "assault weapons" ban that Clinton wanted and signed, Sen. (D)Diane Feinstein said on 60 Minutes, 1993 "I wish we could have banned them all [all firearms]. Turn them in Mr. and Mrs. America, or we'll come get them."

The communistnazis (AKA Democrats) have been seeking and working for banning and confiscating all guns since JFK was murdered.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Living in a red flag state, I would like to offer this to the conversation.

That's how I feel about it anyway. YMMV.

LOL
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Not if they're smart.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RS308MX
Not if they're smart.

They are trained to obey orders.

Most will do just that.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Most police are on a little power trip. If you notice most have the shaved head look as it kind of sets them apart from the rest of us. Not counting the bald guys. Lol. I think they will because some already have. Edk

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
And the primary order is found in their oath.

The way life should be.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ERK
Most police are on a little power trip. If you notice most have the shaved head look as it kind of sets them apart from the rest of us. Not counting the bald guys. Lol. I think they will because some already have. Edk

Many LEO's are prior military service, and brought the haircut with them

Haircut ain't got anything to do with anything.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
This one won't.

-Jake

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I would like to think the cops would do the right thing.
But I don't.

The military?
Well, like the cops, there will be many good ones...

I think in these conversations everyone pictures a clean clear decision point.

A law is passed, the troops are formed, decisions made.

Not gonna happen.
Long hard fight to pass the law, gun owners get entrenched.
Press interviews a bunch of wannabe commandos. Bravado and bragging.
Police are challenged to "come and get some".

Maybe the gun owners somewhere make a first move of some sort,
bunch of blue uniforms get holes.

The press spins and twists...

Now, it's not about kicking old Pete's door in and taking his 30-30.

It's terrorism,
Anarchy,
Insurrection,
Murder on a large scale of police and/or military personnel.

And they will join hands and fight that.

Us.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Not if they're smart.

Most will do just that.

Everyone in the military is also trained to understand what a lawful order is and what is not and that they have an obligation to question it. The "just following orders" is not a defense that has been accepted since WW-II and they know they are individually accountable.

Any orders to confiscate will be not be something the government can get through that wicket. Even if the communist/dems get the executive and the legislative branches, the judicial branch will find confiscation unconstitutional. I expect we will very soon here find Red Flags laws at the supreme level. The right case of lack of due process just needs to come up the chain.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
If they won’t maybe the blue hats will

Hardin284
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Some, maybe a lot, of LEO's will be more concerned with protecting their pension than protecting the Constitution!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bull [bleep], i know plenty military and leos. An unlawful order is still unlawful. I know many who would not enforce it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some will, some won't. Even if most won't there will be plenty enough who will. Governments have never had trouble finding those among its minions who will obey orders no matter what they are.

Herod's soldiers killed all male babies under two and that was done by stabbing a baby to death with a sword. Wonder how the officers spun that one to the average trooper?

All you teenage and early 20 something soldaten, line up those naked teenage girls along that ditch and shoot them, they're untermensche Jews and Russians. Jawohl!

Busting in a door to arrest and kill at the slightest excuse a white nationalist terrorist is nothing...

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Pugs
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Not if they're smart.

Most will do just that.

Everyone in the military is also trained to understand what a lawful order is and what is not and that they have an obligation to question it. The "just following orders" is not a defense that has been accepted since WW-II and they know they are individually accountable.

Any orders to confiscate will be not be something the government can get through that wicket. Even if the communist/dems get the executive and the legislative branches, the judicial branch will find confiscation unconstitutional. I expect we will very soon here find Red Flags laws at the supreme level. The right case of lack of due process just needs to come up the chain.

They will be fed the propaganda that they are dealing with domestic terrorists, and most will follow orders accordingly.

Truth is the first casualty of war.

Remember how Harry Reid called those Nevada ranchers "Domestic Terrorists"...?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by TBREW401
Some, maybe a lot, of LEO's will be more concerned with protecting their pension than protecting the Constitution!

Bingo! He who signs the paychecks makes the rules.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Esox357
Bull [bleep], i know plenty military and leos. An unlawful order is still unlawful. I know many who would not enforce it.

It all depends on what dept head is giving the orders.

Kinda like when the mayor of a liberal city instructs the police chief to not arrest black protestors or Antifa.

We all know that goes on. It has even gotten people seriously hurt and even killed.

Did we hear even one story of any of those police chiefs quitting, or multiple officers walking out and defying those orders?

I didn't think so...

Your local sheriff in a conservative county probably won't enforce illegal orders, but I wouldn't bet the farm that police in liberal cities wouldn't.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 10ring1, 1234, 68 invisible), 2,384 guests, and 1,394 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,164
Posts18,484,441
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.