Page 2 of 2 1 2
hatari Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DubThomas
Gig 'em Aggies! Whoop! laugh

I'll be there!

Aggies have been very hospitable fans since joining the SEC. New Kyle Field is a great stadium to see a ball game.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by hatari

... Michigan - are pretenders right now. They haven't lost, but have weaknesses that the top teams will exploit.

Sadly I agree with you on this.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
I think LSU is for real, and they are the only top 5 team to have played a meaningful opponent this early in the season. Time will tell.

The passing game has certainly improved by leaps and bounds. It just shows how hard it is to have everything at once; if they had this passing game and quarterback a few years ago when they had Leonard Fournette, he would have run for 3,000 yards a season and LSU would have scored 70 points a game.

As it is, they are going to be a force to be reckoned with. Looking forward to it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TBREW401
Florida may improve with a new q-back.
Hate to see anybody get hurt, but never was a Franks fan.

LSU may be a threat to a lot of teams.

Kentucky should have beaten Florida this past Saturday. Their coach got conservative and lost the game for them. I don't think the Gators are much this year, but with the new QB, who knows.

Last edited by JamesJr; 09/18/19.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A better question is: "What four, 1-loss, teams could make the final four?" For example, say LSU beats Alabama, and then plays Georgia in the SEC championship game and wins, leaving Georgia with one loss. Would Alabama be "voted" into the final four, over a 1-loss Georgia, just like in 2011, when they lost to LSU at home, but still got the do over, after ESPN hosted Nick Saben all day and night on their Network, pimping Alabama to get a do over against LSU.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Clemson and ACC comments are hilarious. They have only won 2 out of the last 3 NC's . It should be 3 in a row and I am far from a Clemson fan.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Clemson and ACC comments are hilarious. They have only won 2 out of the last 3 NC's . It should be 3 in a row and I am far from a Clemson fan.

While that's true, a more accurate assessment is that Clemson and Alabama have met in the playoffs 4 times in the last 4 years and are both 2-2.

It should be very interesting to see what happens this year.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by DubThomas
Gig 'em Aggies! Whoop! laugh

I'll be there!

Aggies have been very hospitable fans since joining the SEC. New Kyle Field is a great stadium to see a ball game.

Amen!

And y’all haven’t truly seen rude fans until you’ve been an Aggie setting in the T-sips stadium in Austin.

Us Aggies are some of the nicest folks around. 🤠

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Heading to Athens Saturday to watch us (hopefully) whip Notre Dame.

Agree with the OPs top 4. LSU is scary and ‘bama looks beatable, but I’ve learned thru the years (especially the last 2) to count them out at your own risk

If Oklahoma finds a defense they’ll be the team to beat. That offense is scary and their joke of a defense has been the only thing keeping them from being as dominant as ‘bama or clemson

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by natman
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

While that's true, a more accurate assessment is that Clemson and Alabama have met in the playoffs 4 times in the last 4 years and are both 2-2.

It should be very interesting to see what happens this year.

Acc Is a JOke comment is what I was referring to.

Last years game was a blowout. Saban lost 6 Assistants after the game, Swinney lost none. CLemson is the best program in the land.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Can't find much to argue with in your analogy Jeff. I'm always amazed the talking heads and media try to cram ND and Texas down everyone's throats during pre-season. That clown Herbstreit picked Texas to go to final 4.......! I'd throw LSU in there if they were in the SEC East. Ohio State will always be in the running as well, and will stomp Michigan's asss again this year. Pac 10 sucks big time too, like the ACC.

Yep. Both Texas & ND were HIGHLY overrated in the polls this year as per usual.
I’m betting OU will stomp a mud hole in the Longhorns ass this year.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

182 members (1minute, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 1_deuce, 280fan, 28 invisible), 1,376 guests, and 1,017 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,844
Posts18,517,344
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.