Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Cocaine. Better fuel mileage too. Have him PM me for details. And he doesn’t have to worry about falling asleep!

Last edited by WDH; 09/26/19.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Uhmw is at alaska rubber and rigging..i buy it all the time, btw my kid has worked there more than 10 years lol, ...trailers bring trailers...

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Multiple skills

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Snowmachines, preferably of the mountain variety.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 458Win
Multiple skills

Perfect!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
WIMMINS

T
Tarkio Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by 458Win
Multiple skills

Trust me. He isn’t staying. He trucks and ranches. He will make a quick turnaround.

Montana MOFO
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
What is the cost to get a horse down to Montana ?

Ive know a couple folks who’ve brought a horse or two up in a down-south purchased trailer and sold all but their truck upon arrival up here.

Coming up empty to back-haul a horse(s) is different, unless one can find a trailer here to buy. But AK trailer prices leave no room for profit when selling in the L48.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
T
Tarkio Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by ironbender
What is the cost to get a horse down to Montana ?

Ive know a couple folks who’ve brought a horse or two up in a down-south purchased trailer and sold all but their truck upon arrival up here.

Coming up empty to back-haul a horse(s) is different, unless one can find a trailer here to buy. But AK trailer prices leave no room for profit when selling in the L48.

I will ask Gary. He hasn't made an AK run for a couple years so I don't remember.

Usually he won't go without a load both ways. If he has to travel empty, the price goes up obviously. He has hauled everything from horses, motorcycles, hay dogs and even a [bleep] once.

Montana MOFO
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Tell him to stop by in Wasilla and say “hello” to Sarah 😊

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Hmmm... I'm thinking of driving up in my Ford E-250 work van, trailering a 14 deep vee aluminum boat. Then tooling around for a month or so before heading back south. Reading this thread got me to thinking just sell everything and fly back. Would those items be easy to sell?

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Blu_Cs
Hmmm... I'm thinking of driving up in my Ford E-250 work van, trailering a 14 deep vee aluminum boat. Then tooling around for a month or so before heading back south. Reading this thread got me to thinking just sell everything and fly back. Would those items be easy to sell?

The boat maybe, if it's cheap enough. The E-250 probably not. They've fallen out of favor lately up here and most people are going to the FWD Promasters and Transits. Lot of folks are using them for businesses and making little mini campers out of them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kid0917
you might get hassled by Canada customs; IME....they always seem frightened to death that someone will collapse their economy by bringing something in and (gulp!) selling it!! in their country.

Do you think it's different going from Canada to the US?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SuperCub
you might get hassled by Canada customs; IME....they always seem frightened to death that someone will collapse their economy by bringing something in and (gulp!) selling it!! in their country.

It’s worse....

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Friends dad use to go to SoCal every year for a work conference. He’d pick up a clean BMW or Mercedes to drive back to Anchorage and flip it.

Claimed he always cleared enough to pay for his trip.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by MadMooner

It’s worse....

as a US citizen its always been a MUCH larger PITA to get back into the US. I have NEVER understood that.
Only once did we have a tiny issue at the Canada border and the fault was ours... long story there as we followed folks off the ferry and early in the AM and I suppose never realized we were NOT supposed to be sitting at the Canada entry that early in the AM... it was ok though.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by MadMooner

It’s worse....

as a US citizen its always been a MUCH larger PITA to get back into the US. I have NEVER understood that.
Only once did we have a tiny issue at the Canada border and the fault was ours... long story there as we followed folks off the ferry and early in the AM and I suppose never realized we were NOT supposed to be sitting at the Canada entry that early in the AM... it was ok though.

I suppose the farther north you go the harder the entry to the US is.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I plan to bring a motor home up and then sell once there. I think i should be able to get out of it what I pay originally, sans the fuel to get from SD to Fbx.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pahntr760
I plan to bring a motor home up and then sell once there. I think i should be able to get out of it what I pay originally, sans the fuel to get from SD to Fbx.

Unless you get hosed on the motorhome down there, ime you should turn a tidy profit

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Originally Posted by Pahntr760

Unless you get hosed on the motorhome down there, ime you should turn a tidy profit

Is the room for profit really that great?? I’ve got a 2018 43.5’ fifth wheel down in Texas with my pickup truck. I have to drive my pickup back, regardless. Was considering bringing the camper but had decided to just try to offload it down there for cheap so I don’t have to trailer it 4,500 miles. But, if there’s money to be made, I’ll bring it along...

Last edited by Ducksanddogs; 10/01/19.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (12344mag, 1234, 10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 56 invisible), 2,844 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,797
Posts18,477,411
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.