Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Alpine.

Yah, that's the shape. Simply do that with the "good" poly for the 1500s and Minis and we'd be all set IMO.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I am intrigued by the rifle. Particularly the .25-06. The Vanguard is the only "budget rifle" I have found in .25-06 with a 24 inch barrel, and if I get a 25, that is what I want.

If ifs and buts were like candy and nuts, it would be Christmas every day.

“The .30-06 is never a mistake.” - Col. Townsend Whelan
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by HCDH66
I am intrigued by the rifle. Particularly the .25-06. The Vanguard is the only "budget rifle" I have found in .25-06 with a 24 inch barrel, and if I get a 25, that is what I want.

If there is a budget rifle out there it is the Remington 700. The Vanguard is better in every respect with the exception of weight. Vanguards have stepped up the game this year with the addition of 26" barrels.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just ordered a 240 Bee in the Backcountry MK V I really dig the fast twist barrel Twist Rate: 1-7.5”

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by deltakid
I keep asking Santa Claus for a Vanguard in 7mm Weatherby, but he keeps ignoring me.

Soooo, maybe your little elf self should help him out?

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
Does not seem that Weatherby gets much attention here, but I've always been interested in owning one, or a few. They seem like nice rifles.

So many rifles to choose from so many manufacturers. I'm not a great shot to begin with, so was thinking of buying a rifle that has already been "verified", such as a Cooper or Weatherby RC. That way at least I know what the rifle CAN do. So I'm looking at Weatherby's website and WOW they have seriously reduced their offerings both in model and caliber options. For instance, in most of the Mark V the 30-06 and 308 Win is not available. But of course the 6.5 CREEDMORE is there frown

Had my eye on a their Weatherguard HBAR that was Range Certified, in 308 Win. Great rifle for the hunting I do. Should have bought it when it was avaialable.

Guess they are feeling the pressure from competition and needed to weed out some low sellers.

The weatherguard Hbar is still catalogued. It's under the legacy models

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deltakid
I keep asking Santa Claus for a Vanguard in 7mm Weatherby, but he keeps ignoring me.

They also upped the twist on the 7mm Bee. Twist Rate: 1-8.5” from 1:10"

μολὼν λαβέ

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
Does not seem that Weatherby gets much attention here, but I've always been interested in owning one, or a few. They seem like nice rifles.

So many rifles to choose from so many manufacturers. I'm not a great shot to begin with, so was thinking of buying a rifle that has already been "verified", such as a Cooper or Weatherby RC. That way at least I know what the rifle CAN do. So I'm looking at Weatherby's website and WOW they have seriously reduced their offerings both in model and caliber options. For instance, in most of the Mark V the 30-06 and 308 Win is not available. But of course the 6.5 CREEDMORE is there frown

Had my eye on a their Weatherguard HBAR that was Range Certified, in 308 Win. Great rifle for the hunting I do. Should have bought it when it was avaialable.

Guess they are feeling the pressure from competition and needed to weed out some low sellers.

The weatherguard Hbar is still catalogued. It's under the legacy models

Silly me. I presumed the "legacy models" could not be had as they were "legacy" and not made anymore. Go figure.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wbyfan1
Weatherby is making a big mistake not offering their new 6.5 RPM in the Vanguard! A large segment of the market is being overlooked. Not a good decision if trying to elevate a new cartridge offering, imo.

Only a matter of time

μολὼν λαβέ

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

156 members (1OntarioJim, 320090T, 6mmCreedmoor, AceBall, 7887mm08, 3dtestify, 15 invisible), 1,042 guests, and 941 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,092
Posts18,522,137
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.