Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Blind date, I was 14, she wore tight pink stretch pants and a sleeveless white shirt, I had five bucks left after the movie tickets were bought, that baby lulu roman caused me to spend my last red cent at the concession stand, what a hungry little pig she was, I shudder to think of what she may have grown in to. shocked eek sick

Trump Won!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not our first date but one day I pulled up to her house to drop her off after an afternoon movie and her Dad was mowing his lawn out front.

Girlfriend hopped out saying, "Hi Dad!" He shuts off the mower and walks over to say hi and as I'm coming around the front end of my car to shake hands I notice a fresh sticky used condom stuck to my hood of my Mustang.

I quickly positioned my body to shield the evidence from him. Surprisingly, he never knew.

I must've judged the wind wrong when I threw it out after our back seat afternoon delight.

He was a taciturn man. To this day I chuckle over the subterfuge.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Met at a party. I was hammered and asked her out. First date was fast food ...we met there and i saw her get out of her car ( hmmmm, not ugly) and we pretty much just sat and had a long talk. Then we drove around in my Jeep shining deer. Season over.....just looking for what made it through.

She never heard of that activity.

We really did drive around looking for deer.

Last edited by hookeye; 10/02/19.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 700LH
Took a girl to the movie "Love Story" for a first and only date.

I've always wondered how many divorces started from that movie's idiotic theme "Love means never having to say you're sorry".

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I was a senior at the Univ of Idaho. One weekend, I was headed home to Boise for a couple days. Word traveled fast that a car was going south and in no time I had 5 passengers to split the cost. One was a cute freshman girl I'd never met before. She didn't say a word the whole round trip. The next weekend I asked her out for a coke or something to see if she had a voice. After 3 years of dating and 33 years of marriage, i lost her to cancer.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Girl with butt length hair next row in Bio 101. Just walked from the dorms to a college sponsored dance. Forty seven years in now.

Took about a 60-mile drive this evening to see if a rutting herd of elk were still going at it.

1Minute
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I once got up the courage to ask a girl I was sweet on out. Borrowed my dad’s pickup and drove her to the movie. I hadn’t told her but it was opening night for Old School, instant classic for you guys who haven’t seen it, and that was what we were there to see. She wasn’t impressed, no sense of humor I guess. On the way home I came inches from running over a drunk Indian that was walking the center stripe of the highway, scared us both. Turned down a country road headed to her house and maybe 2 miles after the near miss with Chief Old Milwaukee, fence is down and I run through a bunch of black steers out in the road and ditch. Did some pretty good hobbystock driving and managed to miss all the bovines. Thought I had it made and then half a mile north of her house I ran over a rabbit that darted out of the ditch. When I dropped her off I went to get out and walk her to the door, she stopped me by saying, “I’m a big girl, I can walk myself”.

Talked her into a redo a couple weeks later. Pretty much game over when we arrived at the movie and the only thing not sold out was Old School. I drove 30 miles and wasn’t leaving without watching a movie.

Actually ended up dating her for a while the next year and it wasn’t too bad but the first couple dates were memorable.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Chief Old Milwaukee........

Brilliant!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Chief Old Milwaukee........

Brilliant!

Yep. I LMAO at that one too!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I met "The Warden" at a feed store sponsored dance.
Wasn't planning on attending, but a friend insisted I go - free bar!
I went and met a young lady who was having a spat with her dad, and at the end of the evening - wanted a ride home.
I said "OK where do you live?" Answer - "About 30 miles north of here." OK
We get part way there, and she says "Snow has blocked the road, so we need to go the other way."
Wound up being 57 miles each way from my house.

I tell her "The only guys who married you, or your sisters - were the only ones who could find their way back a second time."
That house (now ours) sits 12 -14 miles off the pavement - in back country!

Coming up hard on 44 years married - 46 years together! (She was "young and dumb" - her excuse - 17 when we married) smile smile smile

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mark shubert
I met "The Warden" at a feed store sponsored dance. - - - - - - -
Coming up hard on 44 years married - 46 years together! (She was "young and dumb" - her excuse - 17 when we married) smile smile smile

She was young, but she wasn't dumb. Congrats !

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I was a senior at the Univ of Idaho. One weekend, I was headed home to Boise for a couple days. Word traveled fast that a car was going south and in no time I had 5 passengers to split the cost. One was a cute freshman girl I'd never met before. She didn't say a word the whole round trip. The next weekend I asked her out for a coke or something to see if she had a voice. After 3 years of dating and 33 years of marriage, i lost her to cancer.

That makes me want to cry. Thank you for the story. I'm very sorry for your loss.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I thought I already responded but guess not. I was between junior and senior year of high school at this time. My Mom asked me to go on a double date because her friend asked if I would, that lady wanted her son to marry this young lady but the young lady had a cousin in town. I already had no lack of female companionship, so I was pretty leary from the get-go. I drive and we pick up these girls and they had no interest in me. Which was reciprocal, I had no interest in them. I told the other dude, if one of the girls doesn't start being a little more friendly, its gonna be an early night because these girls are the opening act, Bethel is waiting for me to come over. So I got up from the table so he could give him a chance to deliver the message. We eat and I cannot get a word out of them but they are hanging on his every word. I ask the girls if they want dessert, don't worry I'm buying. They both got something and one says something very snippy about how I should be buying. I look at the other guy and that dude is looking at me pleading for me to be patient. I take the check and go pay, then walk out to my car and drive to Bethel's where I had a heck of a night. Next day my Mom asked how my night was and I told her awesome after I ditched those 3. Mom's friend even tracked me down to yell at me and I told her she should set her sights higher for her son. I don't think Lois really cared for me. The other kid told me later that he had to call his stepdad to come get them and the stepdad was laughing gleefully about the whole thing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I took a work transfer to Minnesota with the optical company I was working for at the time. I got situated, and a couple weeks later, found a rifle range to go shoot. Walked in the office, and there's a really pretty blonde working at the desk. On later visits we got to know each other, and I asked her out. Our first date was dinner at a nice sports bar called Champ's and we went to see a western movie, Silverado if I remember right. We've been happily married for over 25 years now. And yes, I definitely married up. I'm a very lucky man.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by okie
A cabin on a lake....dinner with a view....a most memorable occasion.

And we've been married 15 years now...…….

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
Took my ex on a first date to the Drive Inn Theater.
I always park near the center, and I always get out with windex and paper towels and clean the windshield before the movie starts.
Looked back a few rows, and there set her older brother, who was also a friend of mine.
I walked back and did his windshield too! grin
7mm

grin grin grin

Camp is where you make it.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by mark shubert
I met "The Warden" at a feed store sponsored dance. - - - - - - -

She was young, but she wasn't dumb. Congrats !

Thats for damn sure!

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Did you father ever make you polish the windshield of your pickup with newspaper before a dance?

I still think it was a prank.....

I am MAGA.
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Jim you might appreciate this. I was captain of my volunteer fire company and we were having a fireman’s muster that first date. One of my guys was driving our engine around the grounds, giving rides to kids. I asked her if she wanted to go for a ride, and told the driver to get out, I’ll take over. He of course told me to be careful as the field was getting muddy. Sure whatever I said and proceeded to get that old Maxim pumper stuck to the running boards. The chief lost his mind and ended up having to pay the amusement company $200 to pull me out with a Mack tractor. I was beyond embarrassed and since I was the next to be hired off the list figured I screwed that up to. Turns out my date was impressed that I took the beating so well and we ended up getting married, 34 years and counting. Oh and a couple months later I was offered and accepted a job as a firefighter. To this day my chief still laughs about it.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Great story!

Glad it turned out for you.

I am MAGA.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

656 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 204guy, 1badf350, 68 invisible), 2,672 guests, and 1,464 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,609
Posts18,492,430
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.