Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Sorry about your car/truck tag costs, however, almost every retirement guide list WY in the top three States to retire in due to low tax's and cost of living for seniors. Kiplinger's ranks WY as the friendliest State to retire in overall and the second best due to tax's. Alaska, due to oil revenue, is number one.

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Just renewed my 04 Tahoe, $45 in Virginia

FJB & FJT
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by jnyork
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
I wish they'd build more townhouses/condos in Cody.

Why would you want to come to Wyoming and live in a dang condo? Where you gonna keep your horses, trailers, campers , 4-wheelers, 3 big dogs and so forth? whistle

Forty plus years of homeownership is enough. I am ready to let someone else do all the work. Vehicle tags are the least of my concerns.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by ro1459
Sorry about your car/truck tag costs, however, almost every retirement guide list WY in the top three States to retire in due to low tax's and cost of living for seniors. Kiplinger's ranks WY as the friendliest State to retire in overall and the second best due to tax's. Alaska, due to oil revenue, is number one.

These retirement surveys always crack me up. Our property tax in Alaska was quadruple what it is compared to TN on similarly valued property. And these surveys fail to mention the extreme cost of living, utilities, housing, and insurance. We left Alaska in 2013 so that was the last time we paid auto insurance up there. But in 2013 we paid almost triple of what we pay today in TN on similar, but newer model vehicles. Our monthly utility bill is 1/3rd of what it used to be, We loved calling Alaska home for over 35 years but cheap to live there it isn't.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe

These retirement surveys always crack me up. Our property tax in Alaska was quadruple what it is compared to TN on similarly valued property. And these surveys fail to mention the extreme cost of living, utilities, housing, and insurance. We left Alaska in 2013 so that was the last time we paid auto insurance up there. But in 2013 we paid almost triple of what we pay today in TN on similar, but newer model vehicles. We loved calling Alaska home for over 35 years but cheap to live there it isn't.

EVERY state is going to get THEIRS, one way or another.

FJB & FJT
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
$75 here plus an annual vehicle inspection (no emissions, just working lights, tires in good shape, etc) for a whopping $7 fee.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
You have to get your jalopy inspected in Texas?

Geebus!

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I have often wondered why on these types of threads people still post how things are where they live.
And no clue were they live? What is the point?

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

jnyork Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
I have often wondered why on these types of threads people still post how things are where they live.
And no clue were they live? What is the point?

Have often wondered about the same thing.

[Linked Image]
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Idaho:
Now that I'm a senior, a hunting & fishing license is $12 and an elk tag is $16.

That alone is worth moving out of Commiefornia to Idaho.

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by jnyork
Those of you thinking about moving to Wyoming might want to think again. Although we have no state income tax here, you get bent over the log for vehicle license plates.

Today, I got new , 1 year, plates for my 2004 Ram 3500 with the Cummins engine. This is a 15 year old truck. $285.00!! shocked My 2003 Ford F150 cost me #185.00 and my 2004 Buick LeSabre was $ 225.00. eek

You might imagine what a nice new vehicle would cost you to register, AFTER you pay the 6% sales tax. frown

No, better you should move to Portland. Or maybe Montana , I hear it's real nice up there. whistle

Nice new veichles and old veichles cost the same in Pa. because they go by GVW.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
WY is a bargain when you consider the full range of government taxes. Cherrying picking is not a valid measure of cost. I must say no income tax is a big positive factor. I wish they'd build more townhouses/condos in Cody.

Stay where you're at, we're full up.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

From 2017:

According to Kiplinger’s list, South Dakota has ranked the top state for retirement. The cost of living is 4% below the national average, health care costs are below average, and it is one of the most fiscally sound states in the nation.

The state of Hawaii is the second top state for retirees. Even though the cost of living is high above the national average, health care costs are very affordable. The beautiful beaches, high household income levels, and a healthy population all contribute to this state’s ranking on Kiplinger’s list.

The state of Georgia is ranked number 3 in this poll. The cost of living in this state is 7% below the national average. The warm weather and being a tax-friendly state for retirees is why Georgia is ranked so favorably.

The top 10 states in Kiplinger’s 2017 poll are:

South Dakota
Hawaii
Georgia
North Dakota
Tennessee
Alabama
Virginia
Florida
New Hampshire
Utah

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Redneck

From 2017:

According to Kiplinger’s list, South Dakota has ranked the top state for retirement. The cost of living is 4% below the national average, health care costs are below average, and it is one of the most fiscally sound states in the nation.

The state of Hawaii is the second top state for retirees. Even though the cost of living is high above the national average, health care costs are very affordable. The beautiful beaches, high household income levels, and a healthy population all contribute to this state’s ranking on Kiplinger’s list.

The state of Georgia is ranked number 3 in this poll. The cost of living in this state is 7% below the national average. The warm weather and being a tax-friendly state for retirees is why Georgia is ranked so favorably.

South Dakota
Hawaii
Georgia
North Dakota
Tennessee
Alabama
Virginia
Florida
New Hampshire
Utah

Why does poverty rate factor into the equation?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Oregon use to be cheap, but with our communist democRATs in Potlandia, they are always active on how to try to nickle and dime ya to death. with piddly fees...a lot of other places are a lot worse, yeah.... but government always loves the word TAXES...

they can't get enough of them...... but one thing is constant....there are still only 100 pennies in a dollar... and there isn't a government agency in this country, that doesn't think, more and more of those pennies belong to them, instead of you....from every dollar you make....

and for every penny we pay toward some sort of tax, the less and less we get for it in return....

it all goes to pay for more and more welfare 'benefits' for the financially and socially irresponsible citizens as a way for politicians to get more and more of those type to get folks out and "vote for me!!!".....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

jnyork Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RJL53
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Idaho:
Now that I'm a senior, a hunting & fishing license is $12 and an elk tag is $16.

That alone is worth moving out of Commiefornia to Idaho.

Yes, Idaho is a very nice place for Commiefornians. whistle

Last edited by jnyork; 10/09/19.

[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

From 2017:

South Dakota
Hawaii
Georgia
North Dakota
Tennessee
Alabama
Virginia
Florida
New Hampshire
Utah

I just moved to South Dakota...sort of...put their plates on my motor home without having to be there.
Sorta headed there

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

From 2017:

South Dakota
Hawaii
Georgia
North Dakota
Tennessee
Alabama
Virginia
Florida
New Hampshire
Utah

I have moved to South Dakota...sort of...Have put South Dakota plates on my motor home without having to go there.
I sort of have started to go to South Dakota to spend one overnight and pick up my new driver’s license next month when my Missouri license expires.
Missouri tags are a little cheaper but I will lose their damn income tax.

Sioux Falls is not that far from Kansas City, but weather permitting, I will head on west to Rapid City/Box Elder and get all my remaining South Dakota stuff done at America’s Mailbox. Get registered to vote.

Two of my favorite places are Custer State Park and Wind Cave Nat’l Park. Hang out there until the cold winds and winter weather pushes me south.
Down to Utah and Arizona to see some old friends.
Home to Missouri for Christmas with family.
Works for me.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

674 members (16penny, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 78 invisible), 2,951 guests, and 1,378 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,478
Posts18,471,737
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.