-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
H
After close to 20 years of suffering various symptoms, I was diagnosed with 2 strains of Lyme plus 2 co-infections in August of this year.
Asked family Dr. to test me for Lyme 3 different times, 2 were negative. The third time we got into a pretty good argument over Lyme symptoms and my pain.
Thank you big medicine/insurance. After educating myself as much as possible on Lyme, I found a doctor that is very knowledgeable about Lyme disease,luckily he is only 25 miles from me. I’m on week 9 of antibiotics,2 prescriptions, and a anti parasitic medicine,with another 8 weeks of meds. Around week 5 I started to feel I was making progress. As of week 9, I’m feeling pretty good, hopefully this progress continues.
Lyme disease sucks big time, I urge anyone if you think you might have it, read up on the symptoms and find a Lyme literate dr.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Thanks for your input, hawkmtn.

9 weeks of antibiotics...wow!

The anti-parasitic medicine(s) for Babesia?

Yeah, there is much disagreement in the medical community between Infectious Disease doctors and LLMDs with these diseases.

Some of these diseases are in many cases hard to diagnose via serology test until 2 or more weeks after onset of the symptoms if at all !

Hoping you feel better and recover quickly.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
H
H
Yes, Babesia and Bartonella aka cat scratch fever. Yeah I wasn’t too thrilled with long term antibiotics but with a top
grade probiotic and serrapeptase I’m not having any ill effects from them,so far.
Lyme Dr’s opinion the standard elisa test is at best 30% effective and only if you have the bullseye rash or Bell’s palsy. Glad I found a good Lyme Dr. still it wasn’t going or isn’t going to keep me inside, archery season has begun here in Pennsyltucky and I’m out looking for something with antlers.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I lost a very good friend to a tick back in 2013. He got bit while cleaning up his yard after a thunderstorm. I still can’t hardly believe it. I get them on me every year. They were particularly bad during turkey season this year. Luckily, I haven’t seen one since June.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Condolences, wilkeshunter.

I read somewhere that turkey hunters can be at greater risks of tick encounters by leaning against trees while hunting.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
I lost a very good friend to a tick back in 2013. He got bit while cleaning up his yard after a thunderstorm. I still can’t hardly believe it. I get them on me every year. They were particularly bad during turkey season this year. Luckily, I haven’t seen one since June.
Lymes?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I have killed 2 deer loaded with ticks. One time the temp was in the 30's the other was -10. Both from the same general area within a half mile of each other. I haven't shot any others with ticks to my knowledge.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
I have killed 2 deer loaded with ticks. One time the temp was in the 30's the other was -10. Both from the same general area within a half mile of each other. I haven't shot any others with ticks to my knowledge.

Assuming this was in MT, this is really weird to me as I don't ever recall shooting a deer in MT that had ticks on it. As I posted previously, some of them have had many deer keds, but never a tick. Not saying it couldn't happen though.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter

Assuming this was in MT, this is really weird to me as I don't ever recall shooting a deer in MT that had ticks on it. As I posted previously, some of them have had many deer keds, but never a tick. Not saying it couldn't happen though.

What's a deer ked? These were from a ranch on the north side of the Highwoods. The only place this has happened. My brother and his friends also shot deer there which were loaded with ticks. This was also over 20 years ago. I haven't hunted there since.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They're a louse fly that kinda looks like a tick. But keds have 6 legs instead of 8 like ticks.

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I don't think I have ever seen those. Or maybe didn't know what to look for. Interesting.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

101 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 2ndwind, 6MMWASP, 17 invisible), 1,586 guests, and 944 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,242
Posts18,485,919
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.