Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 20 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 19 20
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Yep, They have a lot of good teams, some β€œvery” good, yet to go through! They are way overdue to beat β€œbama”! I’m ready to see it happen! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

β€œI’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Oldman3
Bad Call against LSU....... Didn't call offense hands to facemask..... 1st and goal FL.

I'm going to guess that you're talking about the roughing the passer call for a "low hit" that wiped out what would have been a game ending interception by LSU.

It was a terrible call. The defender clearly hit the QB in the upper thigh / hip area. The rule book states in Article 9b:

When an offensive player is in a passing posture with one or both feet on the ground, no defensive player rushing unabated shall hit him forcibly at the knee area or below. The defensive player also may not initiate a roll or lunge and forcibly hit this opponent in the knee area or below.
[emphasis added]

The hit was nowhere near the QB's knee. The rule says at the knee or below, not at the waist or below. mad

Thankfully it didn't affect the outcome of the game.

Aside from that LSU looked good. Florida had averaged less than 9 points given up per game. The highest scored on them all year was 21 points; LSU scored twice as many. The defense gave up more points than I'd like, but despite playing more than 38 minutes, they were able to stop Florida when it counted. Geaux Tigers!

Last edited by natman; 10/12/19.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's a bad weekend-Ohio State didn't get to beat up on anyone again. A silver lining-the Gophers won again. Maybe Minnesota can make a little noise this year.

molɔ̀ːn labΓ© skΓ½la
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Roll Tide--

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
That LSU QB is a STUD! First rounder for sure.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by natman
Bad Call against LSU....... Didn't call offense hands to facemask..... 1st and goal FL.

I'm going to guess that you're talking about the roughing the passer call for a "low hit" that wiped out what would have been a game ending interception by LSU.

It was a terrible call. The defender clearly hit the QB in the upper thigh / hip area. The rule book states in Article 9b:

When an offensive player is in a passing posture with one or both feet on the ground, no defensive player rushing unabated shall hit him forcibly at the knee area or below. The defensive player also may not initiate a roll or lunge and forcibly hit this opponent in the knee area or below.
[emphasis added]

The hit was nowhere near the QB's knee. The rule says at the knee or below, not at the waist or below. mad

Thankfully it didn't affect the outcome of the game.

Aside from that LSU looked good. Florida had averaged less than 9 points given up per game. The highest scored on them all year was 21 points; LSU scored twice as many. The defense gave up more points than I'd like, but despite playing more than 38 minutes, they were able to stop Florida when it counted. Geaux Tigers!

I know it's all water-under-the-bridge, but it looked to me like he was blocked into the QB. Also, just to the left of the QB, the offensive lineman was holding the facemask of the LSU player. Like you said, glad it didn't affect the outcome.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Yeah, he's fun to watch!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
LSU defense will have to tighten up for Tua

I will preface my remarks by saying that LSU is my second favorite team and I really like Coach β€œO”. Texas A&M was a favorite before they hired Jimbo. Now, not so much...

The Bama offense will be a challenge for the LSU defense as you noted. The LSU QB will be facing much better cornerbacks than the Gators had.

It will be quite the Tussle in Tuckylookie. Roll Tide..

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Really is. When did he go down to the crossroads?

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
My brother Jeff Lewis was captain of the Junkyard Dogs in 1976, and won the SEC that year.

Yesterday afternoon I sent him this email. I am just trying to help:

Jeff you are the highest ranking warrior. You are a SEC warrior! You are Samurai.
Naturally, you cannot live with the shame that has been visited upon you today.
The only answer is to take your long sword, and commit seppuku.

Before the Edo period (1600-1867), Seppuku was done in a less formal way and with a more painful effect compared to the more formal ritual during the Edo period. The samurai will use either a Tachi (longsword), Wakizashi (short sword) or Tanto (knife) to cut his gut and slice his stomach horizontally. He would then remove the blade from his stomach, and stab himself in the throat, or fall from a standing position with the blade positioned against his heart.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here's to the hope my Buckeyes get a chance to just stomp the living crap out of an SEC team in the National Championship game.

molɔ̀ːn labΓ© skΓ½la
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by WAM
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
LSU defense will have to tighten up for Tua

The Bama offense will be a challenge for the LSU defense as you noted. The LSU QB will be facing much better cornerbacks than the Gators had.

It will be quite the Tussle in Tuckylookie. Roll Tide..

Yep. Roll Tide!!!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn LabΓ© SkΓ½la~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Here's to the hope my Buckeyes get a chance to just stomp the living crap out of an SEC team in the National Championship game.

GG, it would just be a repeat of '06 and '07. You probably wouldn't enjoy it.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

October 26th will be telling.
For both teams.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

GG, it would just be a repeat of '06 and '07. You probably wouldn't enjoy it.

Yep!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn LabΓ© SkΓ½la~
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
That's what makes our conference different from y'all's. If Bama holds serve I'm thrilled,if we stumble and the Bayou Bengals raise the big prize I'm still tickled.That means that these other conferences are found lacking and no backroom shady deals can deny us. Wisconsin looks good Okrahoma Osu Climpson(Auburn with a lake) Notre Dames all good teams...but the Sec reings supreme. Us.We.Our. All the media bias the talking heads the Twitter verse Facebook exploding hatred is for naught. Ask Brian Kelly how RammerJammer goes.

Last edited by Daverageguy; 10/13/19. Reason: M

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Neither Bama nor Clemson has played a team ranked in the top 20 this year. Yet they are ranked 1 and 2.
I think they are both outstanding teams, but I think there is a legitimate argument that LSU should be ranked #1 right now.

Last edited by AKwolverine; 10/13/19. Reason: Cl
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by KenMi
Michigan lucked out on another one this week. Just wait till they play the big names. Can't win against the big teams and play like that.

PSU and OSU will be guaranteed losses.
MSU likely a loss
And they are due to have mistakes bite them good against a fluff team.

5-6 losses are on the horizon for Jimmy.

You should stick to squabbling with β€˜stick.

Michigan has 6 games remaining. If you’d like to wager that they only win 1 of them, I’ll take that wager.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by KenMi
Michigan lucked out on another one this week. Just wait till they play the big names. Can't win against the big teams and play like that.

PSU and OSU will be guaranteed losses.
MSU likely a loss
And they are due to have mistakes bite them good against a fluff team.

5-6 losses are on the horizon for Jimmy.

You should stick to squabbling with β€˜stick.

Michigan has 6 games remaining. If you’d like to wager that they only win 1 of them, I’ll take that wager.

He's just a butt hurt spurtan fan. That's what happens when someone believes what sportswriters put in print. 🀣

Page 7 of 20 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

246 members (01Foreman400, 12344mag, 160user, 280rem_cm, 35, 2UP, 23 invisible), 1,691 guests, and 1,038 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,244
Posts18,485,973
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.