Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
On a basically serious note, California, which in the '50s and '60s was the the most progressive state (progressive as in innovative and admired, not politically progressive) in the union. Today, it is a Leftist [bleep] that is deteriorating at a rate unimaginable even 20 years ago and with Orwellian like government. Homeless addicts crapping in the streets, illegals spreading Third World disease and poverty. Outrageous taxes. Rolling blackouts. IT is a joke!

What will ever change it for the better?

I think only "The Big One".

Honestly, it will take a 1906 + Northridge earthquake x 10 with the San Andreas fault moving so drastically that the place ends up in rumble and they start from scratch. That will be a disaster of unimaginable scale, but short of that, California will continue its current slid into Third Worldom.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Under the democrats, California has no future.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They should tar and feather Gavin Newsome and run his sorry ass out on a rail.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 10/16/19.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Signed a recall petition on the A hole. I'm outa here as soon as I retire. The way things are going I doubt there is any good future. Too bad, it is a great place, if only they could get rid of the fruits and nuts.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
The problem in California is coming soon to many states, and the main cause is large cities. All it takes is one or two large population centers in ANY state, to essentially ruin it for all the other residents. Folks living in what is essentially an “amusement park”, forcing their warped sense of reality on everyone else.

IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Until those living their find a solution to deal with the corruption there is nothing but a bleak future ahead for that state. It truly was a beautiful place and now heading downhill quick. The following is a brief summary of the "swamp" behind the politics in the state of California at this time.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
You guys are absolutely correct.

You'd think with all the COEXIST stickers around here, the lefties would be more TOLERANT of ALTERNATIVE lifestyles.

3 years can't get here fast enough and it's unlikely the USSC won't rule on all the stuff wrong here in time to stop me from leaving. It's a shame the people living in rural northern CA and eastern OR/WA dodn't/won't take the State of Jefferson efforts serious enough.

The chair is against the wall... John has a long moustache...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Democrats want the USA to look like california.

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Hello Venezuela

Just down the road from The City of Lost Souls in the Land of the Blind.
Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Democrats want the USA to look like california.

Yep.

IC B3

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
As a former Californian I think it’s awful.

What do we have to do to convince voters in large cities that they would be a lot better off “back the way it was” and voting Republican?

Long term that’s the only hope.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Any kind of pandemic will hit densely population centers the hardest. It will be the dark ages all over again.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I spend a lot of time there for work and it has really gone to hell over the last 25 years for sure. It is going to implode if it continues down this path.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
AGENDA 21

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fburgtx
The problem in California is coming soon to many states, and the main cause is large cities. All it takes is one or two large population centers in ANY state, to essentially ruin it for all the other residents. Folks living in what is essentially an “amusement park”, forcing their warped sense of reality on everyone else.

It came here in a big way, and now we are a blue state with all the weird ideas they brought. I'm actually glad I'm getting old and got to experience a world without their schidt covering the land.

We should have opened a season on the vermin settling here years ago and maybe even paid bounties.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I'm sorta one foot in California, one foot in Montana (i.e., leaving CA). I've lived around the world, but the bulk of the time has been in California, and I don't think there's anything that will save this place other than enough people getting pissed off at what has happened and rejecting the left. I don't think this will happen in my lifetime, though. The majority of people voting in CA want what is happening and it's up to them to change it. So making them live with the consequences of their votes is the only real option, and it's far from a sure thing that these idiots will realize how much they've hurt themselves.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Remsen
I'm sorta one foot in California, one foot in Montana (i.e., leaving CA). I've lived around the world, but the bulk of the time has been in California, and I don't think there's anything that will save this place other than enough people getting pissed off at what has happened and rejecting the left. I don't think this will happen in my lifetime, though. The majority of people voting in CA want what is happening and it's up to them to change it. So making them live with the consequences of their votes is the only real option, and it's far from a sure thing that these idiots will realize how much they've hurt themselves.

Living with their consequences isn't their only real option. Too often, they leave, go somewhere else, vote, and screw that place up too.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’m afraid the illegals have taken over California and soon Texas will be in the same boat.
As crappie as LA is it’s a lot better than where they came from. A step down for US citizens is a step up for most people from other countries. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Dess
Originally Posted by Remsen

Living with their consequences isn't their only real option. Too often, they leave, go somewhere else, vote, and screw that place up too.

I meant this as a response to what can be done to change California as a political subdivision of the United States.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

You just described what us upstate New Yorkers put up with daily.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

229 members (2500HD, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 10ring1, 1_deuce, 12savage, 31 invisible), 2,206 guests, and 1,185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,502
Posts18,490,499
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.