-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I like the 3 non-metallic colors that Toyota puts out, gray, tan and blue. Buddy has a Tundra in the Desert Tan, its a nice truck.

Enjoy the new ride.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by walt501
The bailouts where a UAW bailout more than anything else. The note holders and everyone else took it in the azz.
The big three are a complete joke and produce absolute garbage blinged out with electronic gizmos and sold by massive rebaits, cheap finance etc. The resale on a big three vehicle also sucks, which is very telling.
I can get employee pricing on Chrysler and GM vehicles and I will not by another one of those piles of junk at any price.

Would you care to back up even a single word of what you said with any empirical evidence? Go ahead, I'll wait.

In the meantime, chew on this - Toyota is a parasite of the automotive industry.

The Toyota Tundra was developed by taking apart a Ram truck by their engineers in a Seattle warehouse.

Ford was first to market with an infotainment system (SYNC) under suspected pressure from the government to come up with a completely hands free system to control all functions of an auto without taking your hands off the wheel. It didn't work well, but FORD LED THE WAY and today their infotainment system is the best in the business. Asian automakers copied Ford, but their systems still don't work as well as the Ford SYNC, but you never hear about that.

Look, these endless troll topics - and they ARE troll topics - are becoming nauseating. Every week it's "should I buy an ugly Yota" or "should I get a copy cat Honda ATV". This site has a section to discuss both trucks and ATV's, but the TROLLS must get their TROLL topic in front of as may people as possible in order to advertise in the forums.

Looked at another way, Ford sells 7 F150's for every Tundra so we should see way more discussion in the forum about Ford, but the TROLLS make sure it's Toyota you see every week in the forum. I'm going to keep calling out the Trolls so get used to it.

The fact remains the Tundra will be running when the Ford is long dead. Resale value bares this out. It's also worth mentioning that the Tundra is made in the US and has a very high US part content.
Your reverse engineering comment shows how little you actually know about the US auto industry. When I worked for a tier 1 supplier to GM we always purchased competitors parts and tested them. GM has al sort of vehicles of other makes at their proving ground in Yuma and Milford. I know this because I have been there and seen them with my own eyes.
As for the Fords your such a fan boy of. About the only thing I can say is they are slightly better than GM and FCA. Very Slightly. They have some weird engineering and they have produced some real garbage like the 6L and 6.4L diesel engines. They dont hold a candle to Toyota..

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by walt501
The bailouts where a UAW bailout more than anything else. The note holders and everyone else took it in the azz.
The big three are a complete joke and produce absolute garbage blinged out with electronic gizmos and sold by massive rebaits, cheap finance etc. The resale on a big three vehicle also sucks, which is very telling.
I can get employee pricing on Chrysler and GM vehicles and I will not by another one of those piles of junk at any price.

Would you care to back up even a single word of what you said with any empirical evidence? Go ahead, I'll wait.

In the meantime, chew on this - Toyota is a parasite of the automotive industry.

The Toyota Tundra was developed by taking apart a Ram truck by their engineers in a Seattle warehouse.

Ford was first to market with an infotainment system (SYNC) under suspected pressure from the government to come up with a completely hands free system to control all functions of an auto without taking your hands off the wheel. It didn't work well, but FORD LED THE WAY and today their infotainment system is the best in the business. Asian automakers copied Ford, but their systems still don't work as well as the Ford SYNC, but you never hear about that.

Look, these endless troll topics - and they ARE troll topics - are becoming nauseating. Every week it's "should I buy an ugly Yota" or "should I get a copy cat Honda ATV". This site has a section to discuss both trucks and ATV's, but the TROLLS must get their TROLL topic in front of as may people as possible in order to advertise in the forums.

Looked at another way, Ford sells 7 F150's for every Tundra so we should see way more discussion in the forum about Ford, but the TROLLS make sure it's Toyota you see every week in the forum. I'm going to keep calling out the Trolls so get used to it.

You’ve got it bad..........

Good thing retardation isnt contagious..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nice truck. I just put some repairs on my F150-----I don't want any payments.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Which Big 3 are not made here?

I have had 1986 Jimmy, 1995 K-1500, 2005 Sierra, 2010 Sierra and currently a 2018 Canyon. All made in the USA.

I was looking at Tacoma's the past 2-3 years, didnt buy one since you cant flat tow them behind the motorhome. All the ones I looked at from '17 on were Hecho en Mexico.

Not a Toyota basher, just curious.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

IC B2

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Good looking truck! I'm in the market for a new truck and the Tundra is at the top of my list. I had every intention of buying a Tacoma, but changed my mind after driving them. Right now I'm trying to decide if I want a Crewmax or Double Cab where it's just me and the wife at home. I prefer the looks of the Double Cab and like the idea of the 6.5' bed, but can also appreciate the comfort of the Crewmax. If I buy a Tundra, it'll either be Cement or Cavalry Blue.

I’m leaning towards the Screw

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
You
Originally Posted by colorado bob

2.7, 3.5 turbo or the 5.0?
I’m looking at those as well

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
Which Big 3 are not made here?

I have had 1986 Jimmy, 1995 K-1500, 2005 Sierra, 2010 Sierra and currently a 2018 Canyon. All made in the USA.

I was looking at Tacoma's the past 2-3 years, didnt buy one since you cant flat tow them behind the motorhome. All the ones I looked at from '17 on were Hecho en Mexico.

Not a Toyota basher, just curious.

Some Tacoma's are made in Texas and more will be made there in the future as they are expanding the plant.
Ram 1500's are made in Saltilo, MX and Warren, MI. GM 1500 are made in MX. Ford F150 are made in MI and MO.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I've typically bought GM trucks and have had some toyota cars and or current sienna minivan.

I bought a 2019 ram Laramie 1500 this summer and despite my reservations I haven't had a problem with it yet. I didn't even drive the Toyota this time because I tried one in 14 before buying a gmc and in 16 before buying a chevy.

I had heard how bad the mileage was on the toyotas but my ram has only been averaging 16 so it sounds like your tundras are doing that or better. If toyota ever makes a crew cab with a 6.5' bed I'll look at them again.

How are the seats on the tundras? The seats on our Camry's and sienna have all sucked with little padding and cheap feeling.

Bb

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Great looking truck! I'm happy with my 2011 Tundra DC 4wd.

"Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by fester
You
Originally Posted by colorado bob

2.7, 3.5 turbo or the 5.0?
I’m looking at those as well

I’ve had the 5.4,5.0, and currently have a 3.5. I would buy the 3.5 again given a choice. Get a 2015 and up though .

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by BWalker

The fact remains the Tundra will be running when the Ford is long dead. Resale value bares this out. It's also worth mentioning that the Tundra is made in the US and has a very high US part content.

Baloney. I've owned numerous samples of F150, Z71,and Tundra Crew 4x4's. Some individual samples of each maker are better than others. I've actually had the most, and least trouble out of various Tundras.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I worked in Mexico for a year in 2016. Huge GM plant between Silao and Guanajuato. Seemed like a square mile of finished GM half tons all staged to be loaded on rail cars. The size of that facility was mind boggling to me as I drive by, but I had no frame of reference for a domestic car plant.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have the same truck, but white. They fixed the milage problem by doubling the size of the tank. It's not the highway milage that get you with a Toyota, it's the dirt road miles. None of them are perfect, it's not my first and I could get whatever I wanted.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Owned a 2013 Tundra 4x4 Crewmax. Good truck, never an issue. My only major complaint was it would not carry much weight in the bed. 500 pounds in the bed and she was squatting down low in the rear.
Truck had 40k miles and new tires on it when I tried to sell it in 2017. Everyone told me it would sell fast since it looked like new. After 3 months finally traded it in. Kept tabs on the truck and after 3 months of lowering the price the dealer sent it off to auction.
They are really good trucks but are not very popular. Check the production numbers and they are super low compared to the top 3.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
My personal truck is a tundra and my company vehicle is a taco...

Walt might think that toyota stole the design from the RAM... but we have a very large fleet all across this country w/ my company, and it used tl have RAM’s, until we analyzed the cost per mile (not even close to just fuel).... doubt we will ever invest in dodge products again. The taco’s have been the most cost effective vehicles ever for us... we have pretty intense software that breaks down all expenses to gove us those figures...

Walt - you need a beer and a handie bud... never seen anyone get so bent out of shape about another mans truck procurement lmao...

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Nice truck, you will like the power! I had a 2014 company tundra, my complaint was hauling capacity. My personal truck is a duramax 06 model. Better fuel economy and hauling. But not everyone needs to haul heavy loads! Enjoy your new pickup! I like the color also.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by BWalker

Baloney. I've owned numerous samples of F150, Z71,and Tundra Crew 4x4's. Some individual samples of each maker are better than others. I've actually had the most, and least trouble out of various Tundras.

It's actually not BS at all.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Good choice. I have a 2001 Tundra and wouldn't trade it for a new Chevy.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Nice looking truck, love the color.
I'm on my second Tundra, first was a 2005 DC 2x2 which I just put on Craigslist for sale, only has 120k miles on it. Only reason selling was I bought a 4x4 with the 5.7l motor. You'll love your Tundra!

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 59 invisible), 2,290 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,393
Posts18,488,781
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.