Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
1911a1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Cheesy
I got my 2020 in the middle of August. Loving it so far. And the cement color. I also bought it because (as all the Internet forums say) it’s an archaic dinosaur with no tech.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Nice looking truck ! seems I bought the twinkie to yours.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes

1911a1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ironbender
Nice truck!

When did they start coming with triggers? Must be optional. wink

I'm installing a Timney next week.......

1911a1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Beautiful truck! There's one running around my neighborhood just like that.

PS- my new 4Runner is the same color smile

I like the color, actually went to buy a quick sand color one. the quick sand one was a '19 model Limited which is nicer but I preferred the blacked out Cement one I bought. I still really like
the Quick Sand color. By the way check out the new color Army Green.

Last edited by 1911a1; 10/20/19.

1911a1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
[video:youtube]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9dzmhQq99jg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/video]

Last edited by 1911a1; 10/20/19.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Every vehicle should come with a safe.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have 366,000 miles plus on my Silverado, best vehicle I've ever owned, but my OP about unions still gives me pause to support those thugs, that's all I'm saying. Before the 2000 Silverado, I had a 97 F-150 with the small V* (4.6?), had some transmission issues at 80K so I traded for the Silverado. Here at work, lots of issues with new RAM trucks.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
thank you or feeding those Japanese kids.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Count me among those who like the new Toyota colors. It's hard to go wrong with a Tundra.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by walt501
The bailouts where a UAW bailout more than anything else. The note holders and everyone else took it in the azz.
The big three are a complete joke and produce absolute garbage blinged out with electronic gizmos and sold by massive rebaits, cheap finance etc. The resale on a big three vehicle also sucks, which is very telling.
I can get employee pricing on Chrysler and GM vehicles and I will not by another one of those piles of junk at any price.

Would you care to back up even a single word of what you said with any empirical evidence? Go ahead, I'll wait.

In the meantime, chew on this - Toyota is a parasite of the automotive industry.

The Toyota Tundra was developed by taking apart a Ram truck by their engineers in a Seattle warehouse.

Ford was first to market with an infotainment system (SYNC) under suspected pressure from the government to come up with a completely hands free system to control all functions of an auto without taking your hands off the wheel. It didn't work well, but FORD LED THE WAY and today their infotainment system is the best in the business. Asian automakers copied Ford, but their systems still don't work as well as the Ford SYNC, but you never hear about that.

Look, these endless troll topics - and they ARE troll topics - are becoming nauseating. Every week it's "should I buy an ugly Yota" or "should I get a copy cat Honda ATV". This site has a section to discuss both trucks and ATV's, but the TROLLS must get their TROLL topic in front of as may people as possible in order to advertise in the forums.

Looked at another way, Ford sells 7 F150's for every Tundra so we should see way more discussion in the forum about Ford, but the TROLLS make sure it's Toyota you see every week in the forum. I'm going to keep calling out the Trolls so get used to it.

You mad, Bro?

Don't be mad, Bro!

The guy's happy about his brand new truck! He's not trolling, congrats to him! Let the man have some enjoyment with his shiny new truck, jeesh!

I've owned every model/make in my lifetime except Nissan. They all had problems, including my 2007 Tundra, which I'm still driving and am very happy with. It's a great truck, I liked all the others I had too.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I have 366,000 miles plus on my Silverado, best vehicle I've ever owned, but my OP about unions still gives me pause to support those thugs, that's all I'm saying. Before the 2000 Silverado, I had a 97 F-150 with the small V* (4.6?), had some transmission issues at 80K so I traded for the Silverado. Here at work, lots of issues with new RAM trucks.

We had a few (3 IIRC) Ram1/2t over the years. We got tired of picking up screws off the floorboard, and various other things virtually falling off of them to keep buying them.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Good looking truck! I'm in the market for a new truck and the Tundra is at the top of my list. I had every intention of buying a Tacoma, but changed my mind after driving them. Right now I'm trying to decide if I want a Crewmax or Double Cab where it's just me and the wife at home. I prefer the looks of the Double Cab and like the idea of the 6.5' bed, but can also appreciate the comfort of the Crewmax. If I buy a Tundra, it'll either be Cement or Cavalry Blue.

I have a 5.5' bed on my current 2016 F-150. I can't stand it. I'll never buy another truck with that short of a bed again.

Camp is where you make it.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Has gas mileage improved on these things? My neighbor gets like 12-13 miles to the gallon in his.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by killerv
Has gas mileage improved on these things? My neighbor gets like 12-13 miles to the gallon in his.

Nope, still sucks. All the other trucks suck the gas too. It's a truck, if you wanna save on gas get a Civic. I think the last thing I care about in a truck is gas mileage.

And I know there's the Ecoboost and Flex fuel, hybrid, etc., but that's a future Rube Goldberg problem.

After the hybrid engine problems my wife's car had and the turbo problems I had, I'll take a gas sucking naturally aspirated engine every single time!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by walt501
The bailouts where a UAW bailout more than anything else. The note holders and everyone else took it in the azz.
The big three are a complete joke and produce absolute garbage blinged out with electronic gizmos and sold by massive rebaits, cheap finance etc. The resale on a big three vehicle also sucks, which is very telling.
I can get employee pricing on Chrysler and GM vehicles and I will not by another one of those piles of junk at any price.

Would you care to back up even a single word of what you said with any empirical evidence? Go ahead, I'll wait.

In the meantime, chew on this - Toyota is a parasite of the automotive industry.

The Toyota Tundra was developed by taking apart a Ram truck by their engineers in a Seattle warehouse.

Ford was first to market with an infotainment system (SYNC) under suspected pressure from the government to come up with a completely hands free system to control all functions of an auto without taking your hands off the wheel. It didn't work well, but FORD LED THE WAY and today their infotainment system is the best in the business. Asian automakers copied Ford, but their systems still don't work as well as the Ford SYNC, but you never hear about that.

Look, these endless troll topics - and they ARE troll topics - are becoming nauseating. Every week it's "should I buy an ugly Yota" or "should I get a copy cat Honda ATV". This site has a section to discuss both trucks and ATV's, but the TROLLS must get their TROLL topic in front of as may people as possible in order to advertise in the forums.

Looked at another way, Ford sells 7 F150's for every Tundra so we should see way more discussion in the forum about Ford, but the TROLLS make sure it's Toyota you see every week in the forum. I'm going to keep calling out the Trolls so get used to it.

I'll tell you what Walt, I still don't think the SYNC works well. I had one in my 2011 F-150. I had something similar in my 2014 Ram 1500, and now again in my 2016 F-150. I have a few less problems with this newer one, but I still don't care for it much.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by srwshooter
thank you or feeding those Japanese kids.

Lots of Japanese families in San Antonio? I would have never guessed it!!

Lemme guess, a Silverado man?? Thanks for feeding the kids in Silao Mexico!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by 1911a1

I like the color, actually went to buy a quick sand color one. the quick sand one was a '19 model Limited which is nicer but I preferred the blacked out Cement one I bought. .

They forgot to "black out" all that chrome. smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4winds
Originally Posted by killerv

Nope, still sucks. All the other trucks suck the gas too. It's a truck, if you wanna save on gas get a Civic. I think the last thing I care about in a truck is gas mileage.

And I know there's the Ecoboost and Flex fuel, hybrid, etc., but that's a future Rube Goldberg problem.

After the hybrid engine problems my wife's car had and the turbo problems I had, I'll take a gas sucking naturally aspirated engine every single time!

I have a Ram 1500 with the 6 cylinder and have been very impressed with the highway economy when I can keep relative wind on the front below 70 mph. This was on a trip from west CO to west TX.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]share picture

Another thing I love about it is the volume of the cupholders. They can accommodate a substantial amount of dog puke. On the negative side, the seat stains easily.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Looks good.

I have had two first generation Tundras and both were great trucks. I have a 2018 f150 which I like but do not have great expectations for the long term reliability of this truck. It makes more weird noises pops rattles and squeaks than any new vehicle I have ever been in. A lot of the little things like door handles and interior trim pieces feel very flimsy. My kids cant unlock the back doors without pulling the plungers straight out of the lock mechanism (plastic plunger is threaded, which strips right out). Little stuff like that.

I think you will like that tundra a lot. If they made the crew cab with a center seat up front I likely would have gotten one last year.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Every vehicle should come with a safe.

Huh?

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I just returned from an 1850 mile trip in my 2019 Tundra with 4100 miles on it. A lot of the miles were driven at 75 to 80 mph. Most of the rest were in the Blackhills, so lots of hills. Average was 16.5 mpg. Around here, I get 16.5 to 17.5. I've seen as much as 20 mpg on the readout but all these figures were calculated based on miles and gallons.

The truck has 4.30 rear gears and will pull. We took it on this trip over my wife's Highlander because I prefer driving the Tundra. I actually think it rides and drives better.

I'm totally happy with my truck choice and I've been a Ford fan until recently.

Last edited by AnsonRogers; 10/21/19.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 56 invisible), 2,263 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,391
Posts18,488,706
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.