Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
The folks saying rtic is just as good are wrong, thinner plastics, cheaper handles...half price as good...maybe. I wouldn't buy a yeti either, but I have been given some of their tumblers as gifts.

Just got through repairing a rtic soft cooler, didn't make it a day at the beach without all the glue loosening up and the seems coming apart.

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by irfubar
Stihl for the win...

Fugg Stihl. Overpriced with a monopoly on repair/replacement parts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R-tic was on my radar thanks for the recommendation

I have one. It holds ice very well. The zipper is the weak point. https://www.thehulltruth.com/vendor-talk/935276-rtic-softside-cooler-beware-unexpected-update.html

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
r-tic is made by red china, right?

Where are your coolers made?
Like other major competitors, RTIC products are made in China in order to provide the best quality at the lowest price to you, the consumer. Just like many of the outdoor products you will buy at your favorite sporting goods store; overseas manufacturing is a cost effective way for retailers to provide an affordable product to its customers.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Yeti is as dead to me as Dick's Sporting Goods.

This

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I just took a whole butchered and partially frozen elk home in a $60 Costco Marine cooler. The butcher put 10 lbs. of dry ice in (all he had, WTF) and I put 2-20 lbs. bags of ice from Wal-Mart in. It took me 3 days to drive home, the Wal-Mart ice never melted, the meat was nice and frozen when I hit home. I had a borrowed Yeti cooler with me, it wouldn't hold the whole elk and ice! Fugg Yeti!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I went with a Canyon cooler after over -researching as usual. Supposedly even better and they are sized to fit more than a comparable Yeti. Am completely happy with the beast it is - but I think someone told me after I bought it there was some political issue with them too... I can't find any beef with them but haven't spent much time looking. I like the latches on my Canyon better than those on my buddy's Yeti.

Yeti vs Canyon

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Canyon is made here in flagstaff, last I heard.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I have a soft sided Rtic. Love it. Recommend without hesitation.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Yeti is way over priced when the competition is just as good for half the price. Add that to the NRA thing a few years back and i can't figure out why people would buy them. Everyone makes a rotomolding cooler these days and they all work just as well, they just aren't priced at $400 like the yeti.

If you want a great softsided cooler look at AO coolers.

Last edited by semi; 10/21/19.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
As I understand it, you can take food from a 400 degree oven, place it in a Yeti cooler, and it will freeze within 10 minutes.

Last edited by 5sdad; 10/21/19.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
irfubar Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by semi
Yeti is way over priced when the competition is just as good for half the price. Add that to the NRA thing a few years back and i can't figure out why people would buy them. Everyone makes a rotomolding cooler these days and they all work just as well, they just aren't priced at $400 like the yeti.

If you want a great softsided cooler look at AO coolers.

Those AO coolers look nice. Thanks

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by RJL53
Stihl for the win...

Fugg Stihl. Overpriced with a monopoly on repair/replacement parts.

Blasphemy!!!!!

FJB & FJT
irfubar Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Will a Stihl cut through a Yeti?

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by 5sdad
As I understand it, you can take food from a 400 degree oven, place it in a Yeti cooler, and it will freeze within 10 minutes.

Yeti is the creedmoor of coolers. wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
R-tic is just as good!!!

irfubar Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by 5sdad

Yeti is the creedmoor of coolers. wink

Right on dude.... I got cool stickers all over mine..... send it... lmao

270's and 220 swifts rule.... smile

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
the Ozark Trail soft side coolers work every bit as good as a Yeti. Cost is about 1/6th

Sam......

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Lotta fake news on here.... Yeti didnt stop supporting the NRA because of any AR-15 thing... google people, stop being a CNN with the fake news...

They stopped selling discounted products to the NRA Foundation (not the NRA or NRA-ILA).

A few weeks ago, YETI® notified the NRA Foundation, as well as a number of other organizations, that we were eliminating a group of outdated discounting programs. When we notified the NRA Foundation and the other organizations of this change, YETI explained that we were offering them an alternative customization program broadly available to consumers and organizations, including the NRA Foundation. These facts directly contradict the inaccurate statement the NRA-ILA distributed on April 20.

Further, the NRA-ILA stated in that same public communication that “[YETI has] declined to continue helping America’s young people enjoy outdoor recreational activities.” Nothing is further from the truth. YETI was founded more than 10 years ago with a passion for the outdoors, and over the course of our history we have actively and enthusiastically supported hunters, anglers and the broader outdoor community. We have been devoted to and will continue to directly support causes tied to our passion for the outdoors, including by working with many organizations that promote conservation and management of wildlife resources and habitat restoration. From our website to our film footage and from our social media posts to our ambassadors, YETI has always prominently featured hunters pursuing their passions. Moreover, YETI is unwavering in our belief in and commitment to the Constitution of the United States and its Second Amendment.”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ejp1234
Lotta fake news on here.... Yeti didnt stop supporting the NRA because of any AR-15 thing... google people, stop being a CNN with the fake news...

They stopped selling discounted products to the NRA Foundation (not the NRA or NRA-ILA).

A few weeks ago, YETI® notified the NRA Foundation, as well as a number of other organizations, that we were eliminating a group of outdated discounting programs. When we notified the NRA Foundation and the other organizations of this change, YETI explained that we were offering them an alternative customization program broadly available to consumers and organizations, including the NRA Foundation. These facts directly contradict the inaccurate statement the NRA-ILA distributed on April 20.

Further, the NRA-ILA stated in that same public communication that “[YETI has] declined to continue helping America’s young people enjoy outdoor recreational activities.” Nothing is further from the truth. YETI was founded more than 10 years ago with a passion for the outdoors, and over the course of our history we have actively and enthusiastically supported hunters, anglers and the broader outdoor community. We have been devoted to and will continue to directly support causes tied to our passion for the outdoors, including by working with many organizations that promote conservation and management of wildlife resources and habitat restoration. From our website to our film footage and from our social media posts to our ambassadors, YETI has always prominently featured hunters pursuing their passions. Moreover, YETI is unwavering in our belief in and commitment to the Constitution of the United States and its Second Amendment.”

Timed "coincidentally" with?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (160user, 1234, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 007FJ, 57 invisible), 2,395 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,518
Posts18,472,501
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.