Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by AnsonRogers
I just returned from an 1850 mile trip in my 2019 Tundra with 4100 miles on it. A lot of the miles were driven at 75 to 80 mph. Most of the rest were in the Blackhills, so lots of hills. Average was 16.5 mpg. Around here, I get 16.5 to 17.5. I've seen as much as 20 mpg on the readout but all these figures were calculated based on miles and gallons.

The truck has 4.30 rear gears and will pull. We took it on this trip over my wife's Highlander because I prefer driving the Tundra. I actually think it rides and drives better.

I'm totally happy with my truck choice and I've been a Ford fan until recently.

I got rid of my 2017 Tundra because it drove like crap and I am a loyal toyota customer. My SIL has a 2018 Silverado which drives way better then any Tundra. I have a Highlander for my long trips , I value my lower back.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Well, if everybody liked the same thing it would be a boring world. Mine is an SR5 with cloth power seat and adjustable lumbar support. It was more comfortable to me than the leather in the Limited. I'm not saying that the Tundra is the best riding truck out there but it beat the Ford in my opinion and I won't own a GM or Fiat product.

My neighbor got a Silverado in March and it has already left him stranded. Just quit running and it took them 3 weeks to fix it. It is a company truck. He says most of the others with the same truck have had similar issues. At least his rental was a Ford!

Last edited by AnsonRogers; 10/21/19.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 1911a1
Originally Posted by Cheesy
I got my 2020 in the middle of August. Loving it so far. And the cement color. I also bought it because (as all the Internet forums say) it’s an archaic dinosaur with no tech.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Nice looking truck ! seems I bought the twinkie to yours.

Tinted front windows after that pic (regret never doing this on previous vehicles).

Did a front leveling kit, but will likely ditch it and put Bilstein 6112s spaced at 1.9” up front, 5100s in back, and possibly some CoachBuilder shackles to get a slight but of rake back in.

Added a cheap Tyger soft tonneau.

Added Katskinz leather (kids in hazkseat don’t get along with cloth.

Will paint (or buy prepainted) the chrome grill surround and hood bulge. Might do same on bumper corners or black them out.

I’ve never “modified” a vehicle before, but this one I plan on keeping for 250k, might as well have it as I want.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by AnsonRogers
Well, if everybody liked the same thing it would be a boring world. Mine is an SR5 with cloth power seat and adjustable lumbar support. It was more comfortable to me than the leather in the Limited. I'm not saying that the Tundra is the best riding truck out there but it beat the Ford in my opinion and I won't own a GM or Fiat product.

My neighbor got a Silverado in March and it has already left him stranded. Just quit running and it took them 3 weeks to fix it. It is a company truck. He says most of the others with the same truck have had similar issues. At least his rental was a Ford!

Yes I had a crewcab with power seat and lumbar.I agree the Limited seats are not worth the money. I had a 2016 F150 which was a Lemon and bought back from Ford. IMHO if it had Toyota QC it would be the most sold truck in the world. It was roomier inside then the Tundra and the Silverado and rode equal to the SIlverado.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Beautiful truck! There's one running around my neighborhood just like that.

PS- my new 4Runner is the same color smile

I like the color, actually went to buy a quick sand color one. the quick sand one was a '19 model Limited which is nicer but I preferred the blacked out Cement one I bought. I still really like
the Quick Sand color. By the way check out the new color Army Green.

Cool!

[Linked Image]

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Beautiful truck! There's one running around my neighborhood just like that.

PS- my new 4Runner is the same color smile

I like the color, actually went to buy a quick sand color one. the quick sand one was a '19 model Limited which is nicer but I preferred the blacked out Cement one I bought. I still really like
the Quick Sand color. By the way check out the new color Army Green.

Cool!

[Linked Image]

The green one is a 4 runner TRD Pro, the sticker is 50K and they don't like to deal on them. You can run the Baja with it, however most never will. 50K for a 4Runner with crappy insides, cheap seats, limited connectivity with a small Nav screen that is PP when it comes to use and directions is crazy. Then throw in that ugly color???? Please....

laissez les bons temps rouler
1911a1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Battue is correct in that color isn't for everybody. I like it though. The one thing this truck in the vid needs is some serious tires that are a little taller.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Battue is correct in that color isn't for everybody. I like it though. The one thing this truck in the vid needs is some serious tires that are a little taller.

I like that color on the Taco. Not so much on the $$Runner. Those wheels and tires are the 17's. You can tell by the wheels.

battue, he a $$Runner hater? smile

But, he's right about them not wanting to deal on the TRD Pro's.

I didn't pay anywhere near 50k for mine. But, I bought through my alma mater's credit union and 86'd a bunch of the useless crap, including the sun roof and "special" floor mats, replacing them with Weqther Techs..

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Not a 4 runner hater by any means. Have had 3 of them, the last being a TRD Pro. I wanted another, but they raised the price an additional 2K on the 2020, without any upgrades. With the exception of the roof rack. Which has to be a noise maker at highway speeds.

They had a white one on the lot, the color I like, but wouldn’t deal.

Ended up with a used Chevy Tahoe with 30K and saved $20K+over a new one. Nice ride and it will take me wherever I need to go.

Last edited by battue; 10/27/19.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
You mean to tell me that your brand new pickup does NOT come with every electronic manner of hell that can possible be crammed into a four wheeled buggy?

Whats the world coming to?

I can’t figure out 90% of the features on my Sequoia and maybe 70% on my Tundra....I got door locks and adjust side mirrors down pat. That’s about it...😬😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tundra, Sequoia, 4 Runner, Taco... et al. Are easy on a guys wallet after the purchase price.

My Ford and Chevs cost more to buy and maintain due to mechanical problems than I care to experience again...I do miss the extra room inside the cab, especially hunting. Trade offs- Lifes full of em...😬😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by battue
Not a 4 runner hater by any means. Have had 3 of them, the last being a TRD Pro. I wanted another, but they raised the price an additional 2K on the 2020, without any upgrades. With the exception of the roof rack.

They had a white one on the lot, the color I like, but wouldn’t deal.

Ended up with a used Chevy Tahoe with 30K and saved $20K+over a new one. Nice ride and it will take me wherever I need to go.

A Tahoe or Yukon was my 2nd choice. Like them a lot.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

520 members (10Glocks, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 22250rem, 01Foreman400, 62 invisible), 2,397 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,412
Posts18,489,030
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.