Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
No, he's completely wrong about market size and payroll.

The NFL has revenue sharing and a salary cap.

Exactly. And the opposite for the receivers. QB has has top notch receivers for a very long time. The Pats will pick them up from the recycle bin at Costco and get 3 more years and 2 SB rings from them most of the time.

Bottom Line...

I think both teams have been well run for 20 years. Both have HOF QB's running the team for nearly 20 years, GB probably even longer. But, if you compare apples to apples which is SB wins, Brady is the better QB by 5.

Last edited by tzone; 10/30/19.

Camp is where you make it.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Cleveland fired Belichick . Let that sink in

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Their schedule is a joke year after year after year.Brady would have never survived the NFC North. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
Originally Posted by bluefish
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
Originally Posted by vapodog
Here's my question to all of you.....If Aaron Rodgers had happened to play for the N E Patriots instead of the Packers, would the Patriots have a better record now than with Tom Brady.....what say you?

Probably. I take nothing away from Tom Brady's hard work. However, had Brady Quinn or Tim Couch (insert any QB here) gone to the Patriots instead of the Browns, I'm confident the Patriots would have won just as many Super Bowls as they have with Tom Brady. I hate the Patriots; but, Belichick is a genius.

Ponder this. Because of their respective running styles, had Emmet Smith played for the Lions and Barry Sanders played for the Cowboys, they may both have just had five year careers as better than average running backs.

Sorry BigSky but I call dumb on that post. BB is not out there on the field. TB12 is. The system is only as good in its application as the players executing it are at working together. TB is a generational player for a variety of reason. Sticking any garden variety QB in the same place under the same system is no guarantee of the same result. Why can't you people just enjoy watching greatness in front of you? I have had it for near on 20 years and I fully understand after the BB/TB era is over it's likely back to the cellar for us here in NE for maybe ever. Nobody likes to watch something great I guess unless it's their team.

Well, I've been called dumb by much better men than you; so, no problem. The fact is, at the time he went to the Patriots, Brady was a "garden variety QB", to use your terminology, at that time. He did indeed blossom. He did so through his hard work and the system in which he found himself. Somewhere in your reading my post you assumed my supposed lack of appreciation for what New England has done, my lack of recognition of the "greatness in front of [you] me and my lack of enjoyment of having been able to witness it. Nothing could be further from the truth. At the end of the day, when looking at all of the stats, we will be able to honestly debate who is the greatest QB of all time. Brady will always be in that discussion.

I will ad a couple of other points. Brady has had a few super stars in his supporting cast over the years; but, not many. In essence, he (and Belichick) have done more, with less, in my opinion.

Jeezus buddy get a grip. I didn't call you dumb but your post. Thin skin abounds. What's to hate about NE? You are watching the best. Period. Enjoy for what it is rather than who it is. I'm a NE sports team fan through and through but I loved watching Jordan and company take over after the Celts run in the 80s. I knew Jordan was the best ever. Jobe and Lebron are up there but Jordan was the best period. Not my team but I knew what I was watching. How can someone not cheer that?

The way life should be.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
While there is no doubt that Green Bay is a very well run franchise, and in my opinion, the most iconic NFL team, they are still in a small market when compared to the Pats, and NY teams, California, Texas, and probably a few more places. In other words, a player looking for exposure is probably going to look elsewhere. Also, they haven't had a decent coach since Holmgren, and unlike teams like NE that have been able to keep the ball rolling and are a threat year in and year out to win a Super Bowl, the Packers have not been.

Look at the Favre years......he was probably the best QB of his era, but GB simply couldn't field great teams year in and year out, like NE has been able to do. Salary caps and revenue sharing don't mean a level playing field. Publicity and exposure are what a majority of the good players are after, and that's where they're going to want to play. There are exceptions, and the superstars, like Rodgers, are going to get that wherever they play, but the ones that are a notch or so below, want to go to where they're going to be on the front page.

New England is the NY Yankees of the NFL right now, the team that everyone else wants to beat, because they are the best in the business. They aren't the best in the business because the playing field is level, and they just happen to be lucky. They are the best because of money, and how much they have and how they've spent it. It's that simple.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bluefish
Jeezus buddy get a grip. I didn't call you dumb but your post. Thin skin abounds. What's to hate about NE? You are watching the best. Period. Enjoy for what it is rather than who it is. I'm a NE sports team fan through and through but I loved watching Jordan and company take over after the Celts run in the 80s. I knew Jordan was the best ever. Jobe and Lebron are up there but Jordan was the best period. Not my team but I knew what I was watching. How can someone not cheer that?

Holy cow. You have to be the most obtuse poster on this forum. I can't believe how butt-hurt you are over a discussion in which, it is very clear, I agree with you about 99% of the way. Loosen the bone Wilma. As to "what's to hate about New England", you must be new to sports. Read my posts again. Nobody has a greater appreciation of what they have done than me. That's why it easy to "hate" them. The term hate, in the sports context is usually used to describe and directed at the team you wish to lose because they win to the exclusion of all others. It's, therefore, easy to both appreciate their greatness and hate them as the opposition. My son and I talk football a lot. We always come to the conclusion that we root against the Patriots and consider ourselves lucky to have witnessed their dynasty in our lifetimes. You need to learn and accept the fact that people are going to root against (hate?) perennial winners and still be able to appreciate the greatness of the perennial winners. It happens in every sport. Consider yourself lucky for having "your chosen team" be "that team".

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Well thanks for all that. Wow. As I type the sun has just broken through the clouds, too.

Go Pats.

The way life should be.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by smokepole

They would be more undefeated.

This.
grin

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If Aaron Rodgers goes undefeated for the next four years including playoffs and Super Bowls he'll come close to the win total of that famous Viking QB - Brett Favre.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by JOG
If Aaron Rodgers goes undefeated for the next four years including playoffs and Super Bowls he'll come close to the win total of that famous Viking QB - Brett Favre.

damn how I wish he'd won a SB there!

FJB & FJT
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by JOG

Me too, unfortunately he threw the worst interception of all time against the Saints in the NFC championship game. The Vikings had the best team that year.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

And Belichick’s career took off when NE drafted Brady.

How about letting that sink in !

Last edited by tpcollins; 10/30/19.
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Originally Posted by JOG

Me too, unfortunately he threw the worst interception of all time against the Saints in the NFC championship game. The Vikings had the best team that year.

The interception resulted in the game ending in a tie. The OT loss was due to the phantom interference penalty on Ben Lieber. Besides, the worst interception of all time, bar none, was the Seahawk's Russell Wilson against the Patriots in SB XLIX.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Russel Wilson's...yeah that was pretty hilarious.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by tpcollins

I was referring to the Cleveland Browns and why they will probably never return to contention. We will find out what Belichick can and cannot do when Miss Brady retires this year or next. I am betting on Belichick. HC has input on who was drafted correct?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JOG
Besides, the worst interception of all time, bar none, was the Seahawk's Russell Wilson against the Patriots in SB XLIX.

Ha! I won a pot of money because of that play.

I still can't believe they called that play on the goal line. Especially with Marshawn Lynch at running back.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm generally in the camp of most SB's - then I'm reminded that Trent Dilfer, Joe Flacco, Brad Johnson, Jim McMahon and Jeff Hostetler have rings – and Dan Marino does not. smile

Last edited by SKane; 10/30/19.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tpcollins

And BB took the Pats to a 11-5 record in 2008 with Matt Cassell at QB when Brady was injured in the first game of the season. BB is the GOAT.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by JOG

You're not the only one!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by JOG

You're not the only one!
Originally Posted by SKane
I'm generally in the camp of most SB's - then I'm reminded that Trent Dilfer, Joe Flacco, Brad Johnson, Jim McMahon and Jeff Hostetler have rings – and Dan Marino does not. smile

James McMahon needs to be in several "rings of honnor." grin

How can you go wrong with Jimmy Mac!!?

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

489 members (204guy, 1moredeer, 160user, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 1936M71, 57 invisible), 2,685 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,238
Posts18,485,798
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.