Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
You’re likely going to get hosed selling

I doubt it. badger seems pretty sharp and I don't see him getting hosed by somebody.

I do however agree with most in this thread. Your custom (project) is generally of no or little interest to other buyers. However, if you are patient, you may do well. Your list of calibers limits your audience/market. Without arguing the pluses of improving a cartrdge Ackley-wise, the fact is, a very small portion of shooters want that. The same goes for your preferred stock, action, trigger, etc. I think with selling customs second-hand, it is important to get the firearm into the hands of a prospective buyer so he can really appreciate it. This is just not always an option. Good luck badger.

Clearly getting “Hosed” wasn’t meant to suggest OP would allow himself to be taken advantage of....If you would have quoted my entire post, instead of trying to be a smart-ass with selective quoting like a Liberal, I wouldn’t need to kick you in your fat head. 😎

Take your liberal, snowflake, crybaby panties off and put on some big boy pants. It wasn't an attack on you, it was support for him, for lack of a better term. Have a good day.

Last edited by TheBigSky; 10/31/19.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by badger
...Yes, I know the question is a little vague absent the details of each rifle, but discussion is invited.

PM Sent.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

badger Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by badger
...Yes, I know the question is a little vague absent the details of each rifle, but discussion is invited.

PM Sent.

Ed

Answered.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You can’t call me a Liberal after I’ve already called you one....That’s like playing tag with yourself, dumb-dumb. 😬😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You can’t call me a Liberal after I’ve already called you one....That’s like playing tag with yourself, dumb-dumb. 😬😎

That's actually a good point. It's kind of like saying "I know you are but what am I?". But, you calling me a liberal is kind of like calling a fat guy "slim" or some such nonsense. I guess I just came uncorked. Be well.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BigSky,
Same...

Always Fun yapping at someone who can take and give it...We’re good.

Feel free in the future to enjoy throwing a mitten full of monkey dung my way. Especially when I’m talking stupid...Which is frequent. Grins.
😎

“Molon Labe”
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I think there's a market for your custom rifle, problem is it is a very small market and might take a long time to find it! But the larger market would be for something like pre 64 Winchester's. I haven't a clue why people pay so much for them. How much your rifle is worth depend's solely on you, what are you willing to sell it for? Then can you find the guy willing to pay your price? I keep reading about guy's wanting to know the resale value of their rifle down the road. That's easy. It's like everything else. It's worth what your willing to sell it for, rifle's are a lousy investment for the most part. I have a custom. 1903 Springfield cost $500 brand new! It was appraised about 25 yrs ago at $7500. I was built in 1945 By Paul Jaeger.. I believe I'd grow a whole lot older waiting for someone to pony up the money for it! It'll never be for sale!

That rifle was made for a very close friend of mine that died in 1995. I wouldn't mind having one made but not for the kind of money they run. Custom's can certainly be beautiful but getting your money back out is close to impossible. Oh wait, I do have a rebarrel I might call custom. 700 BDL with factory stock completely re-finished, factory trigger (I like the Remington trigger), 25" Shilen match grade barrel in 6.5x06. I've got about $800 in it and doubt I could get that out of it. Ya want an inestment? Buy land!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
BigSky,
Same...

Feel free in the future to enjoy throwing a mitten full of monkey dung my way. Especially when I’m talking stupid...Which is frequent. Grins.
😎

Likewise my friend.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
BigSky,
Same...

😎

Likewise my friend.

You two are making me uncomfortable.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston
BigSky,
Same...

😎

Likewise my friend.

That’s not hard to do....😎

“Molon Labe”
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kingston
BigSky,
Same...

😎

Likewise my friend.

That’s not hard to do....😎

Yep. It was a big plan to increase the pucker factor for you kingston.

Last edited by TheBigSky; 11/03/19.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Play Pretty Barbie Doll Safe Queens aren't worth a fhuqk,both figuratively and literally.

Hint.........................

just a sneaking suspicion the CF crowd are more likely to have Ken doll customs.

God made Adam first, but Mattel had good business sense to create Barbie first.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

226 members (444afic, 5sdad, 10gaugemag, 41rem, 348srfun, 264mag, 27 invisible), 1,650 guests, and 1,070 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,090
Posts18,522,070
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.