Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Or is the principle involved enough to justify standing your ground?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Florida again.

We pray our sights be straight
and our aim be true
We pray for no pain
to the game we pursue
We thank you Lord
for this land
We thank you for the sights
from our stands
We pray for safety, one and all
We pray we may return next fall
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
at the rate of change that is occurring, it won't hurt a thing to keep on pressing forward. trying to understand, trying to adapt. working, paying taxes, etc.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Kyhilljack
Florida again.

So, you vote that the principle wasn't worth defending here? Just let the brothas and sistas take your stuff?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, let's take a look at the story. Dude out jogging, sees this cart in a "trash pile' and grabs it. So where is this trash pile and what is the result of? We don't know. Could be that man and women got evicted and their stuff thrown to the street or something of that sort. Dude comes by, sees the stuff strewn everywhere, grabs the cart and takes it home. Samurai Man comes to get "his" cart back. Soul Sista does take it back

Not sure what the story is, but on a serious note, I don't see a scenario that a "found cart in a trash pile" is worth whipping out the CCW and blasting Samurai Man at the beginning of the this confrontation. Let him have the stupid thing.

OTHO, let's say that the dude was in his garage with the door open. The cart was his, bought and paid for. Samurai Man comes up and starts his Bruce Lee crap with the sword. Bye, bye Samurai Man! Don't come into my garage slinging a sword trying to get my stuff. You could make the argument that it is still not worth blowing Samurai Dude away for a $40 cart, and I agree, but if he's trying to slash me up........boom!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Florida again.

So, you vote that the principle wasn't worth defending here? Just let the brothas and sistas take your stuff?

No. Would have never let someone with that weapon get that close to me. And 'black' wouldn't affect my actions .

We pray our sights be straight
and our aim be true
We pray for no pain
to the game we pursue
We thank you Lord
for this land
We thank you for the sights
from our stands
We pray for safety, one and all
We pray we may return next fall
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Florida again.

vel, jeez the hawkeye, if'n ya hadn't been white, with well off parents, and an ability to afford an education, then how'd you obtain your stuff?

ya know?

i was borne really white, but with parents that were dirt poor. but johnson drafted me, and gave me a chance to succeed.

if the brothas and sistas of which you speak have been denied the draft, then they're being discriminated against.

they're being forced to live with nothing but food stamps that were developed to subsidize der farmers.

what we've got here is a lack of education, and mostly a lack of understanding of the conditions.

at least Norinco is no longer allowed to import serious weaponry into the usa. it's domestic now.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by hatari
Well, let's take a look at the story. Dude out jogging, sees this cart in a "trash pile' and grabs it. So where is this trash pile and what is the result of? We don't know. Could be that man and women got evicted and their stuff thrown to the street or something of that sort. Dude comes by, sees the stuff strewn everywhere, grabs the cart and takes it home. Samurai Man comes to get "his" cart back. Soul Sista does take it back

Not sure what the story is, but on a serious note, I don't see a scenario that a "found cart in a trash pile" is worth whipping out the CCW and blasting Samurai Man at the beginning of the this confrontation. Let him have the stupid thing.

OTHO, let's say that the dude was in his garage with the door open. The cart was his, bought and paid for. Samurai Man comes up and starts his Bruce Lee crap with the sword. Bye, bye Samurai Man! Don't come into my garage slinging a sword trying to get my stuff. You could make the argument that it is still not worth blowing Samurai Dude away for a $40 cart, and I agree, but if he's trying to slash me up........boom!

Agreed, TRH assigns principles in lieu of common sense. That chubby kid makes a living from you tube viewers That know even less than he.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
I guess my eyes are failing me. Those two looked black to me. Or is it that we're not supposed to notice?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Yep

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
From the narrator, the black dude believed that, because he was rummaging through the pile a few minutes earlier, and was apparently on his way back to collect it, he had first right to it. I hear nothing there to make me believe it was his property that was placed on the curb by his former landlord. You're just trying to muddy the waters.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Florida again.

I worked for a utility contractor in greater LA California region who had a policy that if one of the fellas comes up to your pickup truck and decides he wants a few of your power tools or other equipment, you are to do nothing to stop him.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Florida again.

I worked for a utility contractor in greater LA California region who had a policy that if one of the fellas comes up to your pickup truck and decides he wants a few of your power tools or other equipment, you are to do nothing to stop him.

Great policy. It's a free for all.

A
acy Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

Well thought out post.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
All I know is,..that bruthah wasn't really trying to hack that guy and it seemed like the guy knew it.

It was like,...."Oh hell,....here comes Cleon with his damn machete again,....SHOO!"

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That's a pretty sweet cart.

But it aint worth getting ya wig split for it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Cart guy should've grabbed the worta hose. That usually works on those types.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
From the narrator, the black dude believed that, because he was rummaging through the pile a few minutes earlier, and was apparently on his way back to collect it, he had first right to it. I hear nothing there to make me believe it was his property that was placed on the curb by his former landlord. You're just trying to muddy the waters.

We still don't lnow the complete story on this trash pile deal.

Lawyers are expensive. Ice Samurai man over a trash pile push cart in a town with an aggressive DA and soap on a rope might be #1 on your Santa Claus list for the next 15-20 years. Especially if the late Samurai Man gets a jury of "his" peers to sit on your trial.

You want to put a cap in his ass "on principle", go ahead. I say it's not worth the dudes life and losing a $40 cart I found in a trash pile sure as s h!t ain't worth 20 years in the klink for me. No way with that video could you get off on "stand your ground". Samurai Man obviously wasn't out for blood. Shoot him and the DA won't need to work hard on a conviction. Johnny Cochran ain't around anymore to get you off.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by slumlord
Cart guy should've grabbed the worta hose. That usually works on those types.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Florida again.

I wish I lived closer. I could use a Sawzall.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

403 members (17CalFan, 160user, 163bc, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 1lesfox, 36 invisible), 1,993 guests, and 1,124 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,245
Posts18,486,121
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.