Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C

Okay got it.

I've seen pics of your 442 before and I think you may be the only LEO who posts here who uses grip tape if that's what it is.

I'm curious to know why you favor that. Seems like a good idea.

All things are always on the move simultaneously. - W.S. Churchill
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Had a Birthday yesterday and my Daughter took me to lunch.

When we met, she handed me a box in a bag, but told me NOT to open it in the restaurant.

So, I looked in the bag and saw a "Sig" sticker on the end of the box!

My Daughter and Son in Law had bought me a Sig P-365 for my Birthday!

This is going to be a GREAT little carry gun! And will go in the rotation with my two Glocks. ( 19 and 43)

It fits the pocket holster for my Glock 43, and a Galco IWB that I have, so I'm set for holsters.

What a GREAT Daughter!

Virgil B.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by vbshootinrange
Had a Birthday yesterday and my Daughter took me to lunch.

When we met, she handed me a box in a bag, but told me NOT to open it in the restaurant.

So, I looked in the bag and saw a "Sig" sticker on the end of the box!

This is going to be a GREAT little carry gun! And will go in the rotation with my two Glocks. ( 19 and 43)

It fits the pocket holster for my Glock 43, and a Galco IWB that I have, so I'm set for holsters.

What a GREAT Daughter!

Virgil B.

Sweet!
The SIL must be okay too. wink

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by vbshootinrange

After you vet the gun for reliability, you shouldn't really need a "rotation."

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ClearAirTurbulence

Okay got it.

I've seen pics of your 442 before and I think you may be the only LEO who posts here who uses grip tape if that's what it is.

I knew a cop, a detective, back in the 1980s who wrapped a dozen or more rubber bands around the wood grip of his J-Frame .38.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
There are one or two of us.

I use hockey tape. Besides for additional grip, it holds a small piece of EVA foam on the backstrap that greatly aids in comfort when shooting and recoil control.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I too, when I was working the job, carried on my non dominate side. Except I am a right hand shooter, so I had a left hand pocket holster built. When I was working detectives, I would slide my hand into my left pocket on unknown contacts. Once I determined that they were not a threat, I would slide my hand back out of my pocket, and nobody was the wiser.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I've been making some cross draw/driver holsters for me and some buds. Way easer than trying to reach back to grab the gun. Driving or sitting in a restaurant, it's just damn handy. I make them with thumb break which makes a smooth operation.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
I've been making some cross draw/driver holsters for me and some buds. Way easer than trying to reach back to grab the gun. Driving or sitting in a restaurant, it's just damn handy. I make them with thumb break which makes a smooth operation.

Well, we need pics then!

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Somebody, and I hate to ask cuz it's been posted before, needs to repost the picture posting procedures for dummies.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Look at the top (sticky) thread in the handgun forum.

IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
Could you explain the purpose of a rotation please?
Us civilians are curious.

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
R
RGK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Okay got it.

As usual Mackay Sagebrush nailed it. I like how electrical tape is "grippy" (especially in hot, humid So Cal weather). I also found that the tape tends to keep the revolver from sliding out of the pocket. Lastly, a revolver spotted in your pocket all taped up doesn't look like a "cop gun", at least to suspects. If you've ever spent time recovering stolen weapons you'd know what I mean. You'll see lots of tape on guns that are seized by the police. If I was "made" (gun spotted), my gun looked like a bad-guy's gun...no holster, no spare ammo, no cool grips. Easier to talk your way out of a situation and even continue with a purchase. My gun was spotted more than once; I brushed off the comments by saying I don't trust anyone around rock (cocaine) and money. Sometimes it worked, other times you get the deer in the headlights look and your dealer is off and running. Then it's on to the next prospective deal around the corner.
Bob

Here's my retirement rig:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by RGK; 11/04/19.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RGK

Okay got it.

As usual Mackay Sagebrush nailed it. I like how electrical tape is "grippy" (especially in hot, humid So Cal weather). I also found that the tape tends to keep the revolver from sliding out of the pocket. Lastly, a revolver spotted in your pocket all taped up doesn't look like a "cop gun", at least to suspects. If you've ever spent time recovering stolen weapons you'd know what I mean. You'll see lots of tape on guns that are seized by the police. If I was "made" (gun spotted), my gun looked like a bad-guy's gun...no holster, no spare ammo, no cool grips. Easier to talk your way out of a situation and even continue with a purchase. My gun was spotted more than once; I brushed off the comments by saying I don't trust anyone around rock and money. Sometimes it worked, other times you get the deer in the headlights look and your dealer is off and running. Then it's on to the next prospective deal around the corner.
Bob

Makes sense! When I was in the Wholesale Firearms Industry, we used to buy truck loads of Police conficated weapons for resale & parts guns. It never ceased to amaze me how many had electrical tape wrapped around the grips.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 11/04/19.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
All of my carry and work guns have bicycle inner tube on the grips. If you get a little solvent on them the rubber breaks down a little and is just the right amount of grippy.

Had one rip on vacation a while back and got a free replacement from the bike shop in Glacier NP.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
Somebody, and I hate to ask cuz it's been posted before, needs to repost the picture posting procedures for dummies.

Now I just need to know how to make them fit. Said I'm too big. Damn I'm tired of hearing that

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I didn't wait for retirement to get my Airweight in 32 H&R, 6 shot.
It's the right amount of recoil for that platform in my hands..

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Had a S&W 32 H&R Airweight, and it's one of those guns I should have NEVER traded off.

Whelennut;

If you're asking about the rotation of guns from my post, It's for different seasons.

I carry a different gun when it's hot than when I'm bundled up with a winter coat. (easier to conceal in cool weather)

This new Sig 365 might be good for all-year-around carry. I can carry it in a pocket for summer carry in shorts and a Tee shirt, or IWB for winter.

10+1 a good trigger, small and light, and I "hit" well with it. What's not to like!

Virgil B.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
FreeMe;

YEP! My Son In Law is the GREATEST also!

He and my Daughter sure make a good team.

Seems they're both fond of the "old man"

Virgil B.

W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
Thanks. That makes sense. In winter I can carry a Model 66 4 inch easily.

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

663 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 70 invisible), 3,413 guests, and 1,331 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,374
Posts18,469,379
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.