Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Musta been all the Kommiefornians that moved there.

Nah. It's people who live here and don't know what the fug is going on in the democratic party.

Just being a smartáss.

Hope you folks pull out a miracle.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Actually,...it's a damn wonder that Matt Bevin ever got elected in the first place. Kentucky is a very conservative place. But it's got a cancer of people who don't understand that the democratic party no longer represents them.

Like I said,...they think it's 1935.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We have them here in Kommiefornia as well. We call them Valleycrats.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Tyrone
What's up with that, KY?

Can't believe KY would elect a cock-sucking Democrat over Bevin.
................I do not know what the laws in Kentucky are for an automatic recount request by either candidate. Half of 1%?

1.4 million plus votes cast and about 4,000 votes separate them.....I say automatic recount time for Bevin.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Out of 120 total counties in KY, 24 are responsible for Bashear getting elected. The big 3 are Jefferson, Fayette and Kenton counties.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...-kentucky-governor-general-election.html

Guess KY can kiss this hard earned ranking Goodbye now. Kentucky moves up in national business tax climate rankings

In the Tax Foundation’s just-released 2019 State Business Tax Climate Index, Kentucky moved from 33rd in the nation in the 2018 index to 23rd in the 2019 index, jumping ahead 10 spots and coming much closer in line with our neighboring states.* The Commonwealth’s increased competitiveness is a direct result of tax reform legislation supported by GLI in the 2018 legislative session. “Kentucky adopted revenue-positive tax reform which increases tax collections (primarily to address unfunded pension liabilities) while improving the overall tax structure,” the report states.

And say Hello to more of this: #46 | Ranking the States by Fiscal...leen Norcross Senior Research Fellow

IC B2

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I have to say it's nice to see you guys gnashing your teeth. The message is clear, Trump going to Kentucky yesterday didn't help, probably hurt Bevin. Aligning yourself with Trump will hurt you, because he's a despicable creature. Moscow Mitch isn't enjoying tonight, I hope they send him packing, too. Looks like good things happened in Virginia, too. Read em and weep, aholes.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by Paddler
I have to say it's nice to see you guys gnashing your teeth. The message is clear, Trump going to Kentucky yesterday didn't help, probably hurt Bevin. Aligning yourself with Trump will hurt you, because he's a despicable creature. Moscow Mitch isn't enjoying tonight, I hope they send him packing, too. Looks like good things happened in Virginia, too. Read em and weep, aholes.

You say, "gnashing your teeth" because you're speaking from years of experience yourself ?

Rating Group: National Rifle Association

UT U.S. House 1 Rob Bishop Republican 93%

UT U.S. House 2 Chris Stewart Republican 93%

Jason Chaffetz 93%

Political party strength in Utah

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah#Politics

...The state has not voted for a Democrat for president since 1964. Historically, Republican presidential nominees score one of their best margins of victory here. Utah was the Republicans' best state in the 1976,[136] 1980,[137] 1984,[138] 1988,[139] 1996,[140] 2000,[141] and 2004[142] elections. In 1992, Utah was the only state in the nation where Democratic candidate Bill Clinton finished behind both Republican candidate George HW Bush and Independent candidate Ross Perot.[143] In 2004, Republican George W. Bush won every county in the state and Utah gave him his largest margin of victory of any state. He won the state's five electoral votes by a margin of 46 percentage points with 71.5% of the vote. In the 1996 Presidential elections the Republican candidate received a smaller 54% of the vote while the Democrat earned 34%.[144

#8 | Ranking the States by Fiscal Condition: Utah

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Paddler's an idiot as usual. The fact is Bevin was a very unpopular governor. Most unpopular in the US. He had a 32% approval rating in KY a couple of months ago.

Trump likely kept things closer for him than they should have been, but this was about Bevin, not DJT, or the GOP. It's a huge reason why every other GOP KY candidate Trump stumped for did very well, including the Black AG, he's a rising star.

Paddler's still butthurt from his '16 paddling, he'll probably off himself in a year with what's coming.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Bevin inherited a mess to begin with, as Kentucky's finances were in a mess, and in many ways still are. This is a great place to live, and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else, but facts are facts, and there has been a system in place here for many generations that favors the Democrats..........a little thing called state jobs. Since the Democrats often control the local politics, it stands to reason that most of the jobs are filled by Democrats.........teachers, highway department, and county workers. Bevin tried to fix their pension problems, something that sorely needed fixing, and he was very adamant about the way he went about doing it, and made a lot of political enemies as result.

Politically wise, this is a weird place. It has been a Democrat stronghold since the War Between the States, but in more recent years, as the Democrats went to the left, the GOP has gained a lot of power. They control both the House and the Senate, and won all the state offices last night except for governor, which shows how unpopular Bevin was even in his own party. This election was not Democrat versus Republican, but a vote of approval on Bevin.

I think he overplayed the abortion thing too. He is strongly pro-life, as most Kentuckians are, but for the most part, people just don't give a chit about abortion as a political issue, as there are more important things. Also, Bevin is a prime example of why it is very hard for a businessman to succeed in the political world. Politics and business are two different things, and unless a businessman knows how to also play the political game, they usually end up in trouble......just like Bevin did. Although he tried very hard to do a good job, and I believe he did, he used the wrong approach, and it cost him his job, and Kentucky a chance to move forward.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Good synopsis of this state. I think that the businessman turned politician angle was his issue. He was too slow on the learning curve. I don’t think that this was a measure of Trump. I am concerned that Trump and Bevin are both bold speakers as politicians go. I personally like that but a lot of our countrymen don’t. I wonder if that boldness and people’s dislike for it will make the same difference in the presidential race.

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Well this is a huge problem for us in the upcoming 2020 races. We can't afford to give up any races at all. Especially house and SENATE races. I truly hate to see Bevin loose because he was a good man and right on the issues. Now we will have a leftist governor in there pissing in that tent. it's a shame.

The problem we have with all state and local governments is they all have grown out of control and their employees are going to vote their pocketbooks. Slowly they have been populated by liberals and the positions of power and control especially for elections are in control of liberals. That's a game changer in a close election. They've proven it time and again.

There's a reason why Obama was high on organizing! Think ACORN!!!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
From my other post on the subject: The sooner we all come to the realization the republic is lost, the sooner you can make plans to hunker down and hopefully live the rest of your days without the government taking all your assets to pay off the great unwashed, which constitutes AT LEAST 50% of the population. Virginia is now gone as well, as is California and Arizona, all three were pretty much R states. Texas is next...

Look at this map, Looks like a microcosm of the entire US , yet the R still lost. Why? because between the immigrant invasion and democrats, they are outfucking us. period,
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EIp85vWUUAAvgNg?format=jpg&name=small[/img]

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A few things we need to know.

1.) How much money did the DNC pour into this election?
2.) How much out of state money was used
3.) What issues did the DNC try to go negative on Bevin on and how hard did they push it?

The Dems are desparate for ANY victory, and have shown that they will pour massive money into some elections just get a victory. We saw the Dems spend $30 million dollars losing a special election in a $3 million race. They doubled down and won the District a year later, but spent $50 million dollars to do it whereas the GOP spent $10 million. The Dems "bought" many of those abandoned GOP seats they took in the House. More money in the race gave them more ad time, social media time, and more face time in town hall events. When there is no name recognition, they built it fast.

Did they pull an Alinisky on Bevin? Isolate, polarize, ridicule, then offer their guy as clean no name?

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Trump on that state by 30 points. That alone should have sufficed, unless of course what you say above happened, which validates my low opinion of the average voter...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I know nothing about KY politics so I'm just asking...what happened in the R primary? If Bevan's so unpopular, how did he get on the ballot again? Do the R's not have anyone more suitable to run against him?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I know nothing about KY politics so I'm just asking...what happened in the R primary? If Bevan's so unpopular, how did he get on the ballot again? Do the R's not have anyone more suitable to run against him?

Most likely a case of no one wanting to challenge the incumbent. He won the GOP primary 4 years ago by a even slimmer margin than he lost by last night, and won the governors race against a rather weak Democrat. Bevin is not a native Kentuckian, and to be truthful about it, has never really fit in.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI
From my other post on the subject: The sooner we all come to the realization the republic is lost, the sooner you can make plans to hunker down and hopefully live the rest of your days without the government taking all your assets to pay off the great unwashed, which constitutes AT LEAST 50% of the population. Virginia is now gone as well, as is California and Arizona, all three were pretty much R states. Texas is next...

Look at this map, Looks like a microcosm of the entire US , yet the R still lost. Why? because between the immigrant invasion and democrats, they are outfucking us. period,
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EIp85vWUUAAvgNg?format=jpg&name=small[/img]

Ah, go have an Irish coffee and chill. Put me in charge and in 10 years I could get half the Mescans and 1/3 of the Brothers and Sistas voting GOP. Just need some spokes people with charisma to court them. Tell the Mescans that the Dems are cut from the same cloth as the corrupt politicians they fled from. Point out who is for abortion, more taxes, class envy, inconsistent application of the law and contrast that to the GOP that offers the opportunity for upward social and economic mobility. Remind them who hates religion. You got to preach it to them loud and often. Same with the Brothers. Many are ready to bolt the Dems. Trump has brought them record low unemployment and certainly has done little block economic advancement for that group. How about Asians including the Indians? The Chinese and Koreans fled that communist stuff, so easy to get them voting GOP. Dot heads are all about self reliance.

Only block I couldn't convert is the college educated white urban dwellers. They are too busy dining out at some celebrity chefs restaurant and planing their mountain bike trip to Moab to listen. Then they have their sister's destination wedding in Ho Chi Minh City or Tuscany to plan for.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
K
K22 Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by hatari
A few things we need to know.

1.) How much money did the DNC pour into this election?
2.) How much out of state money was used
3.) What issues did the DNC try to go negative on Bevin on and how hard did they push it?

The Dems are desparate for ANY victory, and have shown that they will pour massive money into some elections just get a victory. We saw the Dems spend $30 million dollars losing a special election in a $3 million race. They doubled down and won the District a year later, but spent $50 million dollars to do it whereas the GOP spent $10 million. The Dems "bought" many of those abandoned GOP seats they took in the House. More money in the race gave them more ad time, social media time, and more face time in town hall events. When there is no name recognition, they built it fast.

Did they pull an Alinisky on Bevin? Isolate, polarize, ridicule, then offer their guy as clean no name?

I like your post. Lots of logic here. Also, here is something else to consider. If you watched the Lexington Rally you saw Trump fire a Concord shot at the DS.

https://mobile.twitter.com/3Days3Nights/status/1191911778424369152

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Too many years of spend and commit to more spending fiscal irresponsibility and abuses by almost total Democrat state government control resulted in this:

https://www.statedatalab.org/library/doclib/2009-FSOS.pdf

Like President Trump, Matt Bevin tried and was starting to make some headway but, also like Trump, the 'gimme-more' Democrats couldn't stand it.

https://www.truthinaccounting.org/library/doclib/KY-2017-2pager.pdf

BUT, .. it also sounds like the proverbial, "Fat Lady", may not have sung the last note quite yet:

Senate president: Kentucky governor's race could be decided by state legislature

Kentucky Senate President Robert Stivers threw another wrench into the state's razor-thin gubernatorial outcome late Tuesday night, saying that the legislature could decide the race.

Stivers' comments came shortly after Gov. Matt Bevin refused to concede to Attorney General Andy Beshear, who led by roughly 5,100 votes when all the precincts were counted.

“There’s less than one-half of 1%, as I understand, separating the governor and the attorney general,” Stivers said. “We will follow the letter of the law and what various processes determine.”

Stivers, R-Manchester, said based on his staff’s research, the decision could come before the Republican-controlled state legislature.

Under state law, Bevin has 30 days to formally contest the outcome once it is certified by the State Board of Elections. Candidates typically ask for a re-canvass of voting machines and a recount first.

The last contested governor's race was the 1899 election of Democrat William Goebel.

Stivers said he thought Bevin’s speech declining to concede to Beshear was “appropriate.” He said believes most of the votes that went to Libertarian John Hicks, who received about 2% of the total vote, would have gone to Bevin and made him the clear winner.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Where will Kentucky get 54 billion dollars?

That's going to be the task for the new governor.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...-pensions-fuel-kentuckys-54-billion-debt

FRANKFORT, KY. (AP) — Kentucky is more than $54 billion in debt, with estimated unfunded retirement benefits accounting for more than 80 percent of that figure.

Republican Auditor Mike Harmon issued a report on Tuesday detailing the various sources of Kentucky's debt. Pension liabilities were the largest, accounting for $43.3 billion. That's the total number of pension and health insurance benefits Kentucky owes over the next three decades but does not have the money to pay.

About $9 billion is debt supported by state tax dollars, including $3.85 billion for construction projects and $1.81 billion for public universities. About $2.25 billion in debt is supported by bonds, including money for grants, scholarships and student loans.

Harmon says the total debt is more than $12,000 for every person in Kentucky.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 2,653 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,930
Posts18,498,641
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.