Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by Bristoe
No,......actually,...I've been blessed for some reason.

My life is grand,....and all I did is go through the paces.

That is the most honest thing I've seen posted today, I actually try to live my life the same way.

Bristoe, you always have a place to stay in the black hills. and Thank you for not taking your position to belittle and downplay the generations that followed you.For the rest believe it or not, there are still lots of good people being born, and you do more to harm our way of life than help it by saying all generations after yours suck. granted it's easy, cause you've already made it. we're still struggling to do the same.
My kids are nineteen and fourteen, respectively. I don't know what generation that makes them, but they're good kids and they've got a lot of friends that are good kids too. I doubt one generation differs much from another, basically. I've never understood the propensity humans demonstrate for running down other generations. Of course, my parents generation really funked things up for mine. lolol

Bingo! this is my point exactly, No one faults the boomers for taking advantage of what they were given by the greatest generation. but to look down on the following ones for not having the opportunities they got is ridiculous and extremely short sighted and smug. But hey, if it makes you feel good about yourself.....

There's what you're not getting. I agree that the same opportunities aren't there. But there are opportunities we didn't have. The whining is unproductive, and looks bad.

I completely agree, the biggest whining comes from the boomers about how horrible the future generations are. You might not be one of the ones whining, but it is prevalent from your generation. I don't whine about how much better other had it before me, not my style. I made do with what I was given which was life. yes there are new opportunities the same as any generation, but I would wager at some point in your life someone recognized what you were capable of and gave you an opportunity. am I wrong? when I look at what I paid for college vs in the 60's or 70's, plus house costs, and vehicles etc. yeah there's a lot that isn't the same, not your fault. I think I made it clear that I wasn't blaming you or your generation from the beginning. I don't fault you for being prosperous, I just think it's pompous for those who had it better to belittle others who have actually done more with less and then calling them worthless. I mean, snowflakes aside, because they are all worthless..... regardless of generation, I think you called yours hippies.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
GB1

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I was born late 1961. Am I a "boomer"?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by EdM

Sho' 'nuff

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
My dad was born in 45.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He's a boomer and you're an Xer (I think)

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Weren’t the boomers also known as yuppies back in the ‘80’s?

I don’t dislike anyone just because of the time period in history that they were born into. I think when we juxtapose the boomers with the greatest generation we do everyone a disservice and we create unnecessary animosity amongst ourselves.

I don’t care if you’re a teenager or 90 years old.....if you love God, Country and family and have conservative principles we’re in the same tribe.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Your profile pic make total sense. I agree

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
I don't like them fat Boomers that are bald with a pony tail and wear Crocs.

Unfortunately,...that's the image that male Boomers have these days.

Ain't nobody seem to know about alla them Boomers that are driving Papaw's old tractor around with a .22 revolver in their hip pocket.

That's the Boomers I grew up with.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I don't like them fat Boomers that are bald with a pony tail and wear Crocs.

Unfortunately,...that's the image that male Boomers have these days.

Ain't nobody seem to know about alla them Boomers that are driving Papaw's old tractor around with a .22 revolver in their hip pocket.

That's the Boomers I grew up with.

Them aint so vocal, and those are the boomers I grew up around

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calvin
The new age of opportunity is here though. If you can work and pass a piss test the world of opportunity is wide open.

These are the good ol’ days!

Somethings ain’t what they used to be, many others are far better. Opportunity abounds for folk willing to make some sacrifices and work at it.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM

‘44 - ‘64 is what Google says.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
In 1969, Governor Ronald Reagan of California made what he later admitted was one of the biggest mistakes of his political life. Seeking to eliminate the strife and deception often associated with the legal regime of fault-based divorce, Reagan signed the nation's first no-fault divorce bill. The new law eliminated the need for couples to fabricate spousal wrongdoing in pursuit of a divorce; indeed, one likely reason for Reagan's decision to sign the bill was that his first wife, Jane Wyman, had unfairly accused him of "mental cruelty" to obtain a divorce in 1948. But no-fault divorce also gutted marriage of its legal power to bind husband and wife, allowing one spouse to dissolve a marriage for any reason — or for no reason at all.

In the decade and a half that followed, virtually every state in the Union followed California's lead and enacted a no-fault divorce law of its own. This legal transformation was only one of the more visible signs of the divorce revolution then sweeping the United States: From 1960 to 1980, the divorce rate more than doubled — from 9.2 divorces per 1,000 married women to 22.6 divorces per 1,000 married women. This meant that while less than 20% of couples who married in 1950 ended up divorced, about 50% of couples who married in 1970 did. And approximately half of the children born to married parents in the 1970s saw their parents part, compared to only about 11% of those born in the 1950s.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You're right, it was hot rod lincoln who's kids went awry as he mentioned yesterday
I apologize for the mistake.

in my defense you old guys all look alike smile

Apology accepted. And yeah, I remember the old guys all looking the same. smile

Every generation looks down on the next. It ain't right to lump them all together with the soackers. I've said it before here - there are lots of gen x ers and millennials who are on the right path. I only wish the ones who aren't were not the noisy ones.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FreeMe
You're right, it was hot rod lincoln who's kids went awry as he mentioned yesterday
I apologize for the mistake.

in my defense you old guys all look alike smile

Apology accepted. And yeah, I remember the old guys all looking the same. smile

Every generation looks down on the next. It ain't right to lump them all together with the soackers. I've said it before here - there are lots of gen x ers and millennials who are on the right path. I only wish the ones who aren't were not the noisy ones.

Amen Brother. I worry about the path, not the participants.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Slackers. I meant slackers. I don't know what soackers are, but spell check apparently does.

Someone above made an interesting point. At least in some industries now, all one has to do to go far is to show up, be drug free, and be literate. That is lost on many a slacker, young and old, and it's been that way now for a couple decades or more. When I hear somone complaining about how hard it is to find a good paying job, the first question I have is......can they pass a random breath & wiz quiz. The answer too often is "no".

In the industry I recently retired from, the last decade or so has proven difficult to find enough qualified participants willing to give up the party culture to keep jobs filled.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Weren’t the boomers also known as yuppies back in the ‘80’s?

I don’t dislike anyone just because of the time period in history that they were born into. I think when we juxtapose the boomers with the greatest generation we do everyone a disservice and we create unnecessary animosity amongst ourselves.

I don’t care if you’re a teenager or 90 years old.....if you love God, Country and family and have conservative principles we’re in the same tribe.

Damn...... Its downright scary when you and I agree on something. laugh Very well stated.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Poor 1970's people.

No AC?

Heavens!

I was the only white kid on the school bus in Savannah, Ga

Hawaiian punch came in a metal can and if your old man took the can opener fishin, you were screwed.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Lotta white boys carried a "church key" around their neck back then.

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
I think it all boils down to fly over country people versus city folks. Lots of good young conservative folks in rural country. Don’t lump all those antifa types with with the rest of the kids. If you never had to work to prosper you are probably not worth a crap. Ed k

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

You lot do know that those born in 1964 are boomers...right?

The Baby Boom generation is most often defined as those individuals born between 1946 and 1964

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (12344mag, 1lesfox, 1badf350, 21, 1234, 10gaugeman, 54 invisible), 2,646 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,399
Posts18,527,916
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.