Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
I
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I
The Republican candidate for governor of Kentucky is behind the Democrat by 5,000 votes. The Libertarian got 28,000 votes.

Libertarians are foul. They have NEVER gotten one of their candidates elected. All they do is ruin elections for conservatives.

Look, I get it. You might like conservative principles but dislike the Republican candidate. So you cast a "protest vote" for the Libertarian. But it's not a protest vote. It's a vote for the Democrats You're voting for gun confiscation, eliminating our borders, free medical care for Illegals, high taxes, cutting the defense budget, making the economy sick again, eliminating parents' choice of where their kids can go to school,and abortion up until and after live birth.

So if you don't like the Republican's personality, and are tempted to vote Libertarian, DON'T!

Dammit. Don't!

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Lots and lots of people have no idea what effect their vote can have.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I think some who vote Libertarian do so because they realize that Republicans, just like Democrats, are wasteful, deficit spenders, who will continue to re-distribute wealth; only in a different way. If Republicans would truly embrace riscal resposibility and reduce government waste and government intrusion into private lives and business, they might attract some of those Libertarian votes. Right now, the way it works is this: Democrats tax the people and distribute the money to their friends. Republicans tax the people and distribute the money to their friends. Both run the country further into debt to sweeten the pot for their friends. GD

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
In a system where a majority wins, not a plurality, a 3d party candidate has little chance to win. As said, they become nothing more than spoilers, helping elect the very person they DON'T want elected. It works both ways. Conservative Ross Perot won it for Clinton, liberal Ralph Nader won it for W Bush.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
In a system where a majority wins, not a plurality, a 3d party candidate has little chance to win. As said, they become nothing more than spoilers, helping elect the very person they DON'T want elected. It works both ways. Conservative Ross Perot won it for Clinton, liberal Ralph Nader won it for W Bush.

the Green Party could well be a spoiler for the demo's. as mentioned, ol ralph nader certainly spoilt things once upon a time.

lot's of libertarians vote for repubs, a few for demo's, and a few for the big "L" party.

lot's of folks feel a two-party majority is a wonderful thing, going in lock-step from one election to another.

others feel that a multiple parties system would be advantageous, but they're in the minority and can'y get it up and running.

Last edited by Gus; 11/07/19.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There is also the theory of the "anchor effect" where a third candidate helps the party they most resemble by making that candidate appear more middle-of-the-road. This theory grew out of a time when middle-of-the-road was seen as appealing to the majority of voters. I am not sure that it is applicable today, when voters seem to be much more polarized.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by greydog
I think some who vote Libertarian do so because they realize that Republicans, just like Democrats, are wasteful, deficit spenders, who will continue to re-distribute wealth; only in a different way. If Republicans would truly embrace riscal resposibility and reduce government waste and government intrusion into private lives and business, they might attract some of those Libertarian votes. Right now, the way it works is this: Democrats tax the people and distribute the money to their friends. Republicans tax the people and distribute the money to their friends. Both run the country further into debt to sweeten the pot for their friends. GD

There would be less reason to worry about a third party candidate....thats for sure.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wonder how many people have ever changed their vote because someone yelled at them on the internet.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RufusG
Wonder how many people have ever changed their vote because someone yelled at them on the internet.

I wonder how many people have ever changed their vote for any reason whatsoever.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
This is interesting. Apparently 823,000 Kentucky Republicans failed to check the box for Governor.

That seems odd.

(Scroll down)

https://twitter.com/StefanMolyneux

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
The Republican candidate for governor of Kentucky is behind the Democrat by 5,000 votes. The Libertarian got 28,000 votes.

Libertarians are foul. They have NEVER gotten one of their candidates elected. All they do is ruin elections for conservatives.

Look, I get it. You might like conservative principles but dislike the Republican candidate. So you cast a "protest vote" for the Libertarian. But it's not a protest vote. It's a vote for the Democrats You're voting for gun confiscation, eliminating our borders, free medical care for Illegals, high taxes, cutting the defense budget, making the economy sick again, eliminating parents' choice of where their kids can go to school,and abortion up until and after live birth.

So if you don't like the Republican's personality, and are tempted to vote Libertarian, DON'T!

Dammit. Don't!

We could fix that [bleep] by going to a runoff system. Its something the legislature need to look very hard at over the next couple of years.

NRA Benefactor Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
“In an ideal world, we elect Libertarian candidates and advance liberty. Failing that, we push mainstream candidates towards liberty to advance the cause,” the LPK wrote in a Facebook post on Tuesday night. But if we can’t do those things, we are always happy to split the vote in a way that causes delicious tears. Tonight there are plenty of delicious tears from Bevin supporters,” they added.

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/liber...on-to-democrat-your-tears-are-delicious/

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I think there are lots of voters who don't know who they'll vote for until they're in the booth pulling a lever. They don't know the issues and vote just to say they voted. Some of the dumbest ads I've seen are the ones that say 'it doesn't matter who you vote for, just vote'.

― George Orwell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Third parties do nothing but screw things up.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bristoe
This is interesting. Apparently 823,000 Kentucky Republicans failed to check the box for Governor.

That seems odd.

(Scroll down)

My, my.

Here's the thing...I wonder how Trump thinks he'll win the next election without something done about the Dem's continuously rigging elections.

As to the assertion of the OP...surely folks wouldn't vote Libertarian because they're not only tired of the Dems screwing us over with communistic policies, but the Reps selling us out with the same thing to include gun control (like illegally doing away with Bump Stocks) and globalism in general.

That said, I'm personally sick of the Libertarian Party without even considering their effect on elections.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I never voted libertarian myself, although their doctrine is mostly OK with me.
Funny but doctrine and action are two different things. Repubs and dems say a lot, but they really only talk doctrine to gain personal power. I think the 2 corrupt party system as it stands now is broken.
I was hoping there would be a house cleaning in the GOP, and get some true conservatives that represent the people.
I think President Trump might push for a reform when he gets elected next term. Right now the President is the only voice for the (sane) people.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Hell.....bring em on. Lets have a dozen parties like in other countries.

Doesn't seem to be a nickles worth of difference between the D's and R's anyway.

Its perfect now. The Republicans dont have to improve or change their ways at all....they just get to blame every thing on the third party.

Fugg sakes. How did we get to the "at least the Dems didnt win".......?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe

That seems odd.

(Scroll down)

I don’t think that’s what those results are showing. Looks like more votes total for governor than attorney general.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I'm really starting to smell a rat if it's true that 823,000 ballots were filled out in Kentucky except for having the Governors race left blank.

823,000 votes is a huge chunk in a state the size of Kentucky.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
In a presidential election, our EC effectively makes it impossible for a 3d party to win. I think Perot was the only 3d party candidate to win an EC vote in the last 50 years. What they could do, though, is to draw a few EC votes and throw the thing into the house. Once there, it's highly likely that the republican will win because each state only gets 1 vote and there are a lot of small red states. Little ID & WY get as much say as huge CA & NY.

― George Orwell

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

223 members (673, 06hunter59, 2ndwind, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 29aholic, 35 invisible), 1,623 guests, and 1,040 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,976
Posts18,519,854
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.