Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Put me down for ending up one out of the box piece of crap 10-22. Supposing that's one in a million from the fandom I read on the campfire.

Pretty much just gave it away to a guy and his kid. For the cost of the weaver scope I had on it.

A dozen different brands of ammo, never could get better than 1-1/2" group at 50 yards.

Last I heard, it was Minute of Tabby for the new owners, so at least they were pleased with it.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Had a number one and an m77 that were both minute of frisbee

But I have had luck with others and i like the company

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by slumlord
Put me down for ending up one out of the box piece of crap 10-22. Supposing that's one in a million from the fandom I read on the campfire.

Pretty much just gave it away to a guy and his kid. For the cost of the weaver scope I had on it.

A dozen different brands of ammo, never could get better than 1-1/2" group at 50 yards.

Last I heard, it was Minute of Tabby for the new owners, so at least they were pleased with it.

I was in the Scheels store in Sioux Falls. This guy wanted some .22 ammo and the worker was opening the case where the ammo was. There was a lively discussion between worker and customer until the worker asked he wanted the ammo for. "Cats." Total silence ensued.

We are in for a recession later next year. My financial advisor doesn't think so, our CEO doesn't either but I sure do. Hopefully I can help Ruger stay profitable.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by killerv
all those ruger issues and you still went back for more?!

That's the way us fan boys are. Dumping them was hard to do.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I've had 50% results with Rugers. I should say all worked, but half weren't very accurate.

LOL
IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I remember ordering an XGI .243 and one in .308
Basically big Mini 14's. Bill decided not to produce
I was dissapointed. They would have made good deer rifles for the wife and kids.

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I have good success with Ruger. I currently a greater number Rugers than my age divided by two. I have had a few issues that were all resolved.

I have owned a few mini-14's. Suffice it to say, they shot similar to any other military type firearm and reliability was excellent

I no longer own any S&Ws. Many folks have had great luck with brand but my luck was about 50%.

I no longer own any Remington stuff. Extractor, safety issues and silver soldered on bolt handles cured me of that brand.

Other brands I currently own, Glock, Sig, Tika, Colt, Rock River, High Standard, Freedom Arms, Benelli, Howa, Primary Weapons, Arsenal and many more.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I’ve owned four #1 rifles, three 77/22s, several 77 centerfires, and three shotguns. Still have one 77 centerfire that’s been rebarreled, trigger altered and other work. It’s a 1” gun on a good day. All of the others were terrible accuracy wise.
You couldn’t give me another ruger.

NRA Patron
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Oh, the Ruger 96's I have are killer. Forgot about those.

LOL
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Say what you will, Ruger is probably the only firearms company that has not gone bankrupt in the last few decades. It's a lousy industry. Cars, for instance, wear out every few years. Guns don't. Except for us loonies, most people don't buy very many guns. Hunting is a major market and there are fewer hunters every year. CCW and "tacticool" are major markets now but for how long until they become saturated?

I own only about 1/3 as many guns as I owned 20 years ago and no Rugers. If I don't shoot 'em, why keep 'em?

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by night_owl
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I think Ruger could have a hit if they took their 9mm carbine, eliminated its takedown feature, and put it in a more traditional stock.

The concept is good. But the product looks clunky as hell.

It's also priced too high.

If they illiminated the features the OP listed - it would be a lot cheaper ro make.

The Ruger 9mm would be a tremendous seller if it were only about $100 more than a synthetic stocked Ruger 10/22.. .Somewhere in the $300 to $325 street price range.
For a home defense /utility gun I do not want or need the takedown feature and its attendent problems.

Last edited by jk16; 11/08/19.
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Ruger has a weird corporate culture. They're trying to kill the 77 with the American. The SR-series pistols sold so they replaced them with the cheaper American and Security Nine, which haven't. They cheapened the LC9 into the EC9. The Wrangler will kill the Single Six. The LCR will be the death knell of the Sp101.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Ruger has a weird corporate culture. They're trying to kill the 77 with the American. The SR-series pistols sold so they replaced them with the cheaper American and Security Nine, which haven't. They cheapened the LC9 into the EC9. The Wrangler will kill the Single Six. The LCR will be the death knell of the Sp101.

I agree with everything you say. I don't so much think it is Ruger's culture as much as they are trying to manufacture what the public is buying. Nice blued guns with nice walnut stocks and slab sided 1911s and Hi powers are quickly going the way of the gray haired men who used to buy them. It's a race to the bottom price break culture these days. I will have to say, I bought my son a $370 American Predator Rifle and it shoots way better than it should for the price. I bought one of the new Wrangler revolvers and liked it so much that I quickly bought a SS Single Six Convertible for the very reason you stated, I'm afraid they will quit making them to free up production line space for the Wrangler. I had a Single six probably 30 years ago and sold it, always wanted another, thought I better get one while I could.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by krupp
Bring back the Security-Six and i will buy one.

Or a Ruger 44 Mag semi-auto carbine. I'd buy one.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by ChuckKY
Originally Posted by UPhiker

I agree with everything you say. I don't so much think it is Ruger's culture as much as they are trying to manufacture what the public is buying. Nice blued guns with nice walnut stocks and slab sided 1911s and Hi powers are quickly going the way of the gray haired men who used to buy them. It's a race to the bottom price break culture these days. I will have to say, I bought my son a $370 American Predator Rifle and it shoots way better than it should for the price.

Several years ago Walmart put Ruger Americans on sale for $200, picked one up for my girlfriend to hunt in 243 and it's a dandy of a rifle for what it is.
Is it super refined and luxurious, nope but she has killed some deer with it and it shoots well with Federal Fusions.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by pete53
Ruger needs to start making Red Label shotguns again,Ruger # 1`s, and go back to making those fine bolt action wood stock, with the great old Ruger rings and make many different cartridges again,examples of cartridges > 257 Roberts,65.x55 Swede,7mm Mauser,6 mm Remington,222 Rem.,35 calibers, these are what many people want and probably even some other great old cartridges ?

This...........and get rid of the “ Mickey Mouse” floor plate on the Hawkeye

Retired and Loving It!!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Guns that have a single point sight, light and laser contained in the main body. No dingle dangles, nothing hanging on. Some new small diameter cartridge giving 20+ rounds capacity and the decision making power of at least the 9. If the monolithic fluted bullet is the real deal, optimize for that.
An integral magazine, quickly manually cycled 5.56 carbine. Just in case.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (1badf350, 219 Wasp, 1Longbow, 270cowboy, 160user, 257_X_50, 64 invisible), 2,361 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,409
Posts18,507,012
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.