Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Olive drab pair here. Great slippers indoors - and SLIPpers outside if it's wet. Excellent boating shoes (they float) and surprisingly warm. When the bottoms wear slick, you can wash them well and then apply lines of hot glue as a retread.

I fail to see how wearing them makes one seem gay, but if wondering who is gay is in the front of your mind, maybe that's your tendency.

If it is my boat Crocs are banned outside the cabin. They are incredibly slick and I have seen two people fall overboard wearing them.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Frayser
Is like getting a BJ in prison... Feels good until you look down and realize you're gay. grin

Not gay.

But twenty bucks is twenty bucks.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
In Alaska, that's a very prudent and reasonable rule. I admit that worn Crocs can be slick, especially on wet, mossy ramps or bloody decks. Then again, wet, mossy ramps are slicker than snot in the bathtub all on their own!

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Mucks are the ugliest shoe I'll agree to wear.

I spent 40 years in a college town. The only people you see wearing Crocs there was Lesbians with flat top hair cuts and old fatass hippie men that were bald on top of their head but had spent the last 25 years cultivating a pony tail out of that schitt that reasonable men shave off of their neck every third shower.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
In Alaska, that's a very prudent and reasonable rule. I admit that worn Crocs can be slick, especially on wet, mossy ramps or bloody decks. Then again, wet, mossy ramps are slicker than snot in the bathtub all on their own!

Don't get me wrong, I love them for backpack hunts and general running around...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
It may be different elsewhere,....but a man wearing Crocs around here is sending the message that he generally considers himself hetero,...but he's open for discussion on the matter.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Bristoe
It may be different elsewhere,....but a man wearing Crocs around here is sending the message that he generally considers himself hetero,...but he's open for discussion on the matter.

You and blackfart think on the same plane.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
They are great for bumming around a boat or getting back and forth to the truck/garage etc. Like flip flops for men who don't suck pecker for fun and or money LOL

Do i wear them out? No...leather boots or athletic shoes get the nod for me.

GOD Bless America
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Olive drab pair here. Great slippers indoors - and SLIPpers outside if it's wet. Excellent boating shoes (they float) and surprisingly warm. When the bottoms wear slick, you can wash them well and then apply lines of hot glue as a retread.

I fail to see how wearing them makes one seem gay, but if wondering who is gay is in the front of your mind, maybe that's your tendency.

If it is my boat Crocs are banned outside the cabin. They are incredibly slick and I have seen two people fall overboard wearing them.

Ditto that. Slickest shoes I've ever worn. I like them for midnight pee breaks out of a tent and getting out of boots at camp but have quit wading or walking wet ground, wet wood or snow with them.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Okanagan

Ditto that. Slickest shoes I've ever worn. I like them for midnight pee breaks out of a tent and getting out of boots at camp but have quit wading or walking wet ground, wet wood or snow with them.

While that is certainly true of the originals and those which still have no type of hard plastic sole inserts, those Crocs with soles of a different material IME as as good as anything else on wet surfaces, likewise their "Whitewater" sandals that are designed to be used wet.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
What if you don’t look down?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Okanagan

Yeah, I just use 'em to wear around while having coffee in my robe around here. Taking the dogs out, etc. If I see something that needs shot in the middle of the night, or early in the morning, chances are, I have my Crocs on.

But I don't wear them into town, or entertain company with them on. laugh

They are house shoes, or camp shoes. Thank God I don't concern myself with what other grown men may choose to wear as house shoes...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I wear them and don't care how they look. I wear them around my beach and use them as water shoes to protect my feet from sharp zebra muscles. Real handy on my fishing boat. Cool in the summer, water doesn't hurt them and they give a good enough grip.

living the good life every day
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by champlain_islander
I wear them and don't care how they look. I wear them around my beach and use them as water shoes to protect my feet from sharp zebra muscles. Real handy on my fishing boat. Cool in the summer, water doesn't hurt them and they give a good enough grip.

The soft-soled originals don't work worth squat on stopping mesquite thorns, the thorns just go right on through, the Croc holding the thorn steady while it sticks you crazy The hard plastic sole insert versions are a bit better in that regard.

Neither prob'ly works a damn against snakes. I wore 'em for years anyway.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
They aren't sexy but they are nice for camp shoes after miles in my boots chasing elk and for driving the truck back home.

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

Hey! It was tough both times.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I wear them all the time & I've taken several animals with my revolvers while wearing them. Why would someone else give a rats as# what someone else wears on his feet? You if don't like it, don't look. I see a lot of big old fat boys wearing overalls but it doesn't bother me one bit, probably not wearing underwear either, do you think I care........ Wear what you want.

Dick

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Ya'll turned into a bunch of pickle pounders!

This website has gone to hell!

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
tell em Sam!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Richard, of course I'm just kidding around.....grin

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (22250rem, 12344mag, 270cowboy, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 52 invisible), 1,693 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,127
Posts18,523,086
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.