J
For poor farmers.

I am MAGA.
GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I recently bought a new pair of Crocs, because I've nearly worn right though the old ones. They are perfect for days like today - warm and sunny and I just want something on my feet for when I go out into the garden. The ground's too hot for bare feet and I can't be bothered with anything that I need to do up.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You haven't lived.

My new favorite and made in the USA.

https://www.sierra.com/point6-heavy-cushion-core-trekking-socks-merino-wool-crew-for-men-and-women~p~810af/?filterString=s~point6-socks-men%2F

https://point6.com/collections/men/products/copy-of-trekking-tech-heavy-crew?variant=40693980550

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Sloggers for me. Slippery bastids on frosty grass though, so I usually slip on the romeos without socks in the morning.

No socks on my feet all day today. Walked 2.5 miles with my wife and dogs on the dirt road out the end of our road. Probably slipped my sandals off for about a 1/4 mile too, just to get dirt on my feet. Now that the temps are right for walking, no hot dirt and the stickers are all gone, I try to do a little bit to toughen up the soles every week. Paved trail at the refuge works too. Gotta navigate the goose and coyote crap there though. Cowpies on the dirt road are easier to notice.

Geno

PS. I may have to look into a pair of them Vans with no laces like Sam's though, they look comfy and handy.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I put on a pair of my wife's old bright colored 'crocks' to run down the basement and fix something
one cold sub-zero night last winter.

I needed some parts so I hopped into my car and drove to Menards. I thought people were acting
a little goofy while I buzzed through the aisles. When I got to the checkout, this little foreign
girl, wearing a scarf, just stared at me while pointing at my feet in complete bewilderment.

I did my best to claim insanity and checked out. I went home wanting to share my amusing experience
with my wife - She took one look at my shoes and didn't want to hear any of it! - PERIOD! - EVER!

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
These shoes were the demise of my elderly friend Don. He took a step out of his car and did the banana peel fall. Broke his femur near hip. Had to have a pin placed in bone. Got a bone infection which flared up the rest of his life. He was 80 when it happened and he left us at 90. Sure something will get us eventually. BUT those crocks IMO were his early demise with infections so bad he was hospitalized for 6 weeks at at time to get the infection under control. I was never one to wear sandals, flip flops etc. I wear shoes with good support with full coverage for toes regardless of the situation.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes they are slippery especially when walking on smooth wet surfaces. I had a pair on when shopping at a Gander Mt store in Plattsburgh NY. I could hear some thunder and when I left the store it had been raining real hard and the road was soaked. When I walked out the door I was on top of an area painted with white traffic stripes showing the entrance to the store. I took a step and my feet went right out from under me. My crocs were old and most of the tread had been worn off. I went to a neighboring store and bought a new pair. The old ones now stay in my fishing boat

living the good life every day
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
bought a pair years ago. They are probably still in the back of the closet. I never found them comfortable enough to wear. The size was wrong. 13 was too small.

Sam......

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Frayser
Is like getting a BJ in prison... Feels good until you look down and realize you're gay. grin

Funny line...when Carolla used it in his act.

Fear the crabcat.
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

618 members (007FJ, 1234, 11point, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 60 invisible), 2,406 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,418
Posts18,470,528
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.