Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Dogger Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
With respectful deference to but not considering the venerable M700/M70/M77...

the Tikka T3X gets a lot of love on the Campfire; love for the Kimber Montana is bi-polar love/hate yet the rifle continues to draw the 'Fire like moths to flame; love for the Sauer 100 XT seems to be subdued but growing a tiny bit; love for the Steyr Pro-Hunter is there but very very niche and not growing; and I don't hear much love at all for the X-Bolt...

thing is, all five rifles are reputed to be very accurate, easily sub MOA if the shooter does his part; yet there just ain't much love for some very accurate platforms...

why is that? ergos? trigger? mag confines? can't field strip the bolt? press-fit barrel, Global Warming? Disaster first date? You can get the wall-flowers dressed in something other than 277 so it can't be "oh, that rifle has the 270-gay"...

HR IC

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For me. Out of box accuracy and no work necessary on anything is the deal breaker. The thought of buying Remington 700 and then have to do all the BS to make it work the way it should is an awful concept.
I also think the sauer 100 feels better and might be better than my tikka but the after market support isn’t there. So tikka for the win.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Dre
For me. Out of box accuracy and no work necessary on anything is the deal breaker. The thought of buying Remington 700 and then have to do all the BS to make it work the way it should is an awful concept.
I also think the sauer 100 feels better and might be better than my tikka but the after market support isn’t there. So tikka for the win.

I agree... I have three ABolts that all shoot 1/2-34" out of the box. LOVE the tang safety

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When 100’s of posts have pics of itty biddy Tikka groups and load development means “pick one”, it’s hard to ignore.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
16bore is correct too.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
IC B2

D
Dogger Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
I guess its no wonder the Finns kicked a lot of Russian @$$ in the big one... but still...

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 16bore
When 100’s of posts have pics of itty biddy Tikka groups and load development means “pick one”, it’s hard to ignore.

Except in paradise.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hear there’s a few up that way too. But you know, they suck and all that.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If Browning had a logo that wasn’t above the ass crack of people that didn’t even own a Browning, it would help its cause for me.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Never owned a Tikka, but my favorite rifle besides Kleinguenthers is the Sako L-61. I have owned a couple dozen. All have shot very well. I just bought another, am curious to see how well it shoots.

I bet Tikkas are very accurate.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Travis13
If Browning had a logo that wasn’t above the ass crack of people that didn’t even own a Browning, it would help its cause for me.

Holy schit that’s funny!!

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Ruger 77 MkII for the win. Use it to hammer in the fencepost, then take the picture on top, then go shoot your deer.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Sasha_and_Abby
Originally Posted by Dre

I agree... I have three ABolts that all shoot 1/2-34" out of the box. LOVE the tang safety

At, "1/2-34", thats a pretty wide margin. I think most rifles fall into that category. Im pretty sure i could hip shoot most of my rifles and put them into 34" or less. Its about time some one posted an honest representation of how their rifles really shoot. Not a whole hell of a lot of entries in the moa all day long challenge here. Likely the main reason. Most guys think they shoot better than they actually can, and of course many cant prove it, when the time comes. Hint..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 16bore

We will see.... It will probably shoot as good as it looks though...
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
wink

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Ruger 77 MkII for the win. Use it to hammer in the fencepost, then take the picture on top, then go shoot your deer.

BSA MAGA
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Dogger
With respectful deference to but not considering the venerable M700/M70/M77...

the Tikka T3X gets a lot of love on the Campfire; love for the Kimber Montana is bi-polar love/hate yet the rifle continues to draw the 'Fire like moths to flame; love for the Sauer 100 XT seems to be subdued but growing a tiny bit; love for the Steyr Pro-Hunter is there but very very niche and not growing; and I don't hear much love at all for the X-Bolt...

thing is, all five rifles are reputed to be very accurate, easily sub MOA if the shooter does his part; yet there just ain't much love for some very accurate platforms...

why is that? ergos? trigger? mag confines? can't field strip the bolt? press-fit barrel, Global Warming? Disaster first date? You can get the wall-flowers dressed in something other than 277 so it can't be "oh, that rifle has the 270-gay"...

Simple enough...some people like things, others like doing things, sometimes these mix but mostly not.

Then there are the reprobates like myself that tend to focus only on the things that we are currently fixating upon.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
My problem is that I like them ALL ! RJ

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dre

I've never had any problems getting a Remington 700 or 7 to shoot good out of the box. Have changed out some triggers, but that was strictly a personal preference.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by Dre

I've never had any problems getting a Remington 700 or 7 to shoot good out of the box. Have changed out some triggers, but that was strictly a personal preference.

I have 8 or 9 700’s, they all shoot great too

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Sasha_and_Abby
Originally Posted by Dre

At, "1/2-34", thats a pretty wide margin. I think most rifles fall into that category. Im pretty sure i could hip shoot most of my rifles and put them into 34" or less. Its about time some one posted an honest representation of how their rifles really shoot. Not a whole hell of a lot of entries in the moa all day long challenge here. Likely the main reason. Most guys think they shoot better than they actually can, and of course many cant prove it, when the time comes. Hint..

Here we go you and that damn challenge lol.. hot butter do you wake up every morning thinking Moa challenge? Lol..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (219DW, 160user, 219 Wasp, 1lessdog, 1minute, 1badf350, 70 invisible), 2,482 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,188
Posts18,503,372
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.