Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
R
Raeford Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
The DOW & NASDAQ apparently didn't get the memo that TRUMP BAD...........The only person working in D.C.

Headed for 28K today?

FJB & FJT

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Dunno. With this increase in the economy...are we still doing QE?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
QE stopped when President Trump took office. It has not been implemented sense. Quantitative Tightening (QT) is what the Trump administration has faced his entire term.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
R
Raeford Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
25 points to go.......

It's the Economy, stoopid!

FJB & FJT
W
W
28004.82 close

IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
My 401K is very much liking this and brokerage account are very much liking this.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Amazing. I hope the trend continues through next November

NRA Patron
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I'm still amazed how long it's gone without a correction. I've still got some parked in a money market thinking I'll drop more back in the market after a correction but I should have played it all last year. At least most of ours is in and doing pretty well.

Bb

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I'm still amazed how long it's gone without a correction. I've still got some parked in a money market thinking I'll drop more back in the market after a correction but I should have played it all last year. At least most of ours is in and doing pretty well.

Bb

Stop trying to time the market. Time in the market beats timing the market.
"The idea that a bell rings to signal when investors should get into or out of the market is simply not credible. After nearly 50 years in this business, I do not know of anybody who has done it successfully and consistently.”

That's my opinion on market timing anyways.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Most of it's in there. I just have about 60k that's in a mm account because there's still part of me that thinks much of the market is a house of cards and I'm reluctant to go all in. I wonder if the deficit will catch up to us soon and think the next correction is so far overdue it could be a big one.

Bb

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm still amazed how long it's gone without a correction. . .

I would consider the 4th quarter 2018 a correction, no?

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

I really took a hit last year, but it all came back. A-hole TIAA Cref advisor told me to sell my stock and go into annuity when it was at the lowest point. That would have cost me 6 figures. That guy is a weasel.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Terryk

I really took a hit last year, but it all came back. A-hole TIAA Cref advisor told me to sell my stock and go into annuity when it was at the lowest point. That would have cost me 6 figures. That guy is a weasel.

I would be very leery of anyone trying to sell me an annuity.

[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
[quote=Burleyboy]I'm still amazed how long it's gone without a correction. . .

[/quote

I guess technically 4th of 18 probably was. What's the official definition over 10% ?

Bb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Significant Market Correction Coming?

Rida Morwa - 15:35 – 6 Jul 2017
"I doubt we are going to see any significant market correction that will require us to use inverse leveraged ETFs. We are likely to continue to see market volatility through September, but I believe there is nothing much to worry about. . . . Markets do not go up in a straight line. Market corrections are healthy and help the equities consolidate to move higher during a strong bull market such as the one we are seeing now. Still, I doubt we will see a significant market correction anytime soon. Possibly, we may see a mini correction of around 5%, but it could take a while to happen, and it could start at a much higher level from here. . . . in general, market corrections are characterized as a market pullback between 10% to 20%. Anything below 10% is not considered a correction. It could be called a mini correction. . . . It is best to be a long term investor, and not to worry about market corrections. As long as the risks to the global economy (including recession risks) are low, then the markets will recover, and any market pullback are not likely to last a long time."

"While equities look pretty resilient with a solid long-term uptrend, we should note that during a bull market it is normal to see, from time to time, a pull-back (or correction) of 5% to 10%. Usually market corrections last for four months, on average, and there is a swift recovery after that." Rida Morwa

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Here we go again. Annuity bad. You guys know the average intellect out there? Hammers make bad wrenches. And the average idiot doesn't know the difference.

Nothing wrong with a hammer if it fits your need.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
My 401K has earned 22% for the year. Increased by six figures. If Trump will stop tweeting and can get elected for another term, I plan on retiring when I turn 60 in about two years.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by ChuckKY
My 401K has earned 22% for the year. Increased by six figures. If Trump will stop tweeting and can get elected for another term, I plan on retiring when I turn 60 in about two years.

Stop Tweeting why, because it hurts your feelers?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by jnyork
Originally Posted by Terryk

I would be very leery of anyone trying to sell me an annuity.

Annuities...the time shares of the investing world.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The only reason the market is doing so well is because there is no place else to put your money that can give you a return of any kind..... If interest rate would just normalize, the market would fall apart....

And as the Fed keeps printing money to cover the overnight business thing... the Repo market... the dollar is going to become worthless when this all comes back to bite us in the azz...

Your life saving will become worthless when the world figures out the value US dollar has been diluted by the Fed printing money....

Well... we have come to the point.... where... the parasites are killing the host. It's only a matter of time now.

They only win.... when they cheat.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (160user, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 59 invisible), 2,549 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,336
Posts18,487,662
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.