Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Originally Posted by ChuckKY
My 401K has earned 22% for the year. Increased by six figures. If Trump will stop tweeting and can get elected for another term, I plan on retiring when I turn 60 in about two years.

Stop Tweeting why, because it hurts your feelers?

I could honestly care less about his tweets, but every time he tweets something about the China trade deal or tariffs, the Nasdaq takes a dump,

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by mikieb
The only reason the market is doing so well is because there is no place else to put your money that can give you a return of any kind..... If interest rate would just normalize, the market would fall apart....

And as the Fed keeps printing money to cover the overnight business thing... the Repo market... the dollar is going to become worthless when this all comes back to bite us in the azz...

Your life saving will become worthless when the world figures out the value US dollar has been diluted by the Fed printing money....

Plenty of people in real estate investing would disagree vehemently with your first sentence.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, it’s good to see that the stock market has pretty much discounted the whole impeachment charade anyway. Maybe Schiffty should take the hint.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I'm still amazed how long it's gone without a correction. I've still got some parked in a money market thinking I'll drop more back in the market after a correction but I should have played it all last year. At least most of ours is in and doing pretty well.

Bb

Market timing hinders your ability to get the best results out of the market.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Most of it's in there. I just have about 60k that's in a mm account because there's still part of me that thinks much of the market is a house of cards and I'm reluctant to go all in. I wonder if the deficit will catch up to us soon and think the next correction is so far overdue it could be a big one.

Bb

The Secret of Warren Buffet: Sit on a pile of cash. When somehting you like goes on sale, buy it at a discount. However, you don't have to wait for the entire market to crash to find a bargain.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
The market has nothing to do with a sound economy. In another thread the statements were business runs on debt, people buy on debt, thank the rich with money in the bank for debt. The usual applauds followed.
Read up on FINANCIALIATION.
That's what this economy has been manipulated by for many years.
It works till the balloon can no longer expand aND bursts.
So you just take on more debt and get a bigger balloon.
That MORE DEBT don't build nothing; no needed infrastructure and no brick&mortar. It just refinances the old debt and takes on the NEW debt for the next bigger balloon.
Read my sig.line.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by SAcharlie
The market has nothing to do with a sound economy. In another thread the statements were business runs on debt, people buy on debt, thank the rich with money in the bank for debt. The usual applauds followed.
That MORE DEBT don't build nothing; no needed infrastructure and no brick&mortar. It just refinances the old debt and takes on the NEW debt for the next bigger balloon.
Read my sig.line.

You may be right or not. The market has everything to do with my personal wealth right now, as the market goes so does my ledger sheet. In a couple of years as I get closer to retirement, I plan on moving money into something less volatile as the stock market. In the past most corrections have turned around in 1 1/2 years. I can stand that now, not so much in 3 years or so. I have no debt and no plans on inquiring anymore in the future.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Read my sig.line.

That is how a capitalist economy is built, and always has been. It's called expected future growth. Anything but growth is by definition stagnation, and "bad" for the markets.

Stay fully invested always, never time the market, and ride out the Pax Americana until you retire or the world collapses. No brainer.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Read my sig.line.

Charlie,

Per usual, you are just wrong. The single biggest drivers of the price of individual stocks are earnings, and expectations of future earnings. It's true there are a variety of ways to measure earnings, such as EBITDA (Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization), and various measure of cash flow, but they all come back to the same basic idea. How much money is this company making (or loosing) today, and what do we expect it to make or loss in the future. Since the stock market is a "market of stocks", the effects of these individual analyses are propagated across a basket of stocks for a measure of the "market of stocks".

The earnings potential of everyone of these stocks, at some level, rides upon the soundness of the underlying economies. Lower taxes and lower interest rates translate into improved margins, and improved profit opportunities. Like wise, lower taxes and interest rates make project that are nonviable at higher rates profitable at more favorable rates.

Yes, companies run on debt. The combined value of all the world stock markets is around 30 trillion dollars, with 90% of that being in just 16 markets, primarily in western economies. But the world bond market is over three times the size with a combined value closer to 100 trillion dollars. To say that "debt builds nothing" is just ignorant. Nearly every house and every car in this country was built and purchased with borrowed money.

Now excessively easy debt terms can lead to a inefficient allocations of assets, and asset bubbles. Throughout history poor government policy's played a hand in many of these bubbles. The prime example of this is the 2009 real estate bubble which largely resulted from the governments objectives to give houses to people who could not afford them.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Raeford: Just think where "we" (the American people and the stock markets!) would be had the ravenous, greedy, alcoholic, anti-American, power mad, bitch known as the "hildabeast" would be if that bull dagger had become President of the United States of America.
GO TRUMP
MAGA
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B3

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
TimZ: Excellent point!
The business people and businesses of the United States of America are ignoring the anti-American, anti-capitalist demonrats at EVERY turn.
Personally I hope the demonrats keep up this idiocy - nothing better could happen FOR or happen by the Republicans.
"Charade" is an understatement.
GO TRUMP
MAGA
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Here we go again. Annuity bad. You guys know the average intellect out there? Hammers make bad wrenches. And the average idiot doesn't know the difference.

Nothing wrong with a hammer if it fits your need.

I don't own any annuities, but I agree some annuities can fill a valid financial need. They serve a useful purpose for many retirees. My opinion is the best use of an annuity is to cover one's recurring mandatory costs (food, shelter, clothing, insurance, utilities, home/auto maintenance, taxes, etc) . . . of course there are other lower risk investment vehicles to take care of these recurring costs, such as bond ladders, preferred stock portfolios, and real estate.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Raeford: Just think where "we" (the American people and the stock markets!) would be had the ravenous, greedy, alcoholic, anti-American, power mad, bitch known as the "hildabeast" would be if that bull dagger had become President of the United States of America.
GO TRUMP
MAGA
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Everyday CNBC runs an article about what would happen to the stock market if Elizabeth Warren wins the presidency. Predictions are a decline of 25 to 30 percent decline in the first year. In contrast, if Trump's re-elected, predictions are for a 15 to 20 percent increase in 2021.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 11/16/19.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I got a late start investing in the stock market. I made such poor financial decisions over my working lifetime (debt accumulation) and was so ignorant of long term personal financial planning, I was broke most of my life (defined as being in debt, other than a mortgage.) A life, founded on debt servicing, is a dead end road, which can lead to a severely stunted financial condition in the twilight of one's life, when one's age/health does not allow one to successfully trade hours for enough dollars to live comfortably and stress-free. In the United States, there is no reason that should happen to anyone, who does not choose such a financial future. Ignorance of "How to Make Money in the Stock Market," because one is passively concerned about Fed policy, rich "greedy" people, or other financial factors totally out of one's personal control, is a personal choice, and a poor one at that, IMHBAO. I encourage my "younger" fellow Fire Members to get serious about your family's financial future, and educate yourself on how to make money with stock market investments. It is a proven wealth builder. Don't let jealousy or political opinions rob you of your American birthright to wealth via the Free-American Enterprise System.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
F
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
F
If Warren looks like she is going to be elected I will go to cash. With virtually no cost trading you can sell and then buy back in and only cost you a couple bucks.
Percentage wise I'm like most of you, up 30%. I've also made more in the market this year than my normal job.

As long as Trump stays in the White House the market will go up as he favors business. The Dems on the other hand want to tax everything which restricts the cash both business and you can spend and we are a consumer driven economy.
Facebook, Google,Amazon, etc, would be a lot higher if congress were not threatening to break them apart.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by FoxTrotter
If Warren looks like she is going to be elected I will go to cash. With virtually no cost trading you can sell and then buy back in and only cost you a couple bucks.
Percentage wise I'm like most of you, up 30%. I've also made more in the market this year than my normal job.

As long as Trump stays in the White House the market will go up as he favors business. The Dems on the other hand want to tax everything which restricts the cash both business and you can spend and we are a consumer driven economy.
Facebook, Google,Amazon, etc, would be a lot higher if congress were not threatening to break them apart.

If if looks like Warren is going to win, I'll liquidate all my long positions, and establish a net short position, probably with a combination of short and leveraged short ETFs and long put options.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 11/16/19.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
if warren gets the nod look for the market to immediately begin to tank. this bitch will kill this country with her horschit ideas. well except for the handout crowd. they'll be fine.

My diploma is a DD214
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Warren has zero chance of winning a general election. That is why the Democratic Party is starting to hyperventilate and Bloomberg and the other clown are jumping in. They keep shooting holes in the floor of the boat and can’t figure out why it is sinking.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by rem141r
well except for the handout crowd. they'll be fine.

Only until there's no more working class to support them, then everyone starves.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

If if looks like Warren is going to win, I'll liquidate all my long positions, and establish a new short position, probably with a combination of short and leveraged short ETFs and long put options.

You won’t be alone if it starts looking this way.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (12344mag, 257Bob, 25classic, 2500HD, 222Sako, 160user, 60 invisible), 2,651 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,294
Posts18,486,965
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.